• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants confused about taking adderall during minor opiate withdrawal and has suboxone

carolyn11491

Greenlighter
Hi so I am withdrawaling alittle from opiates (percs, roxis) but have a good amount of 50 mg addi that I really want to blow down not only bc I have a paper due and 2 tests tommrow but bc I've heard it makes you feel better while withdrawling. BUT I've also heard when taking addi while withdrawaling from opiates the comedown is horrible and 10 times worse ( I guess bc your already wding and the comedown of addis suck anyways). But I was thinking since I have suboxone I could take that when coming down from the addis and it wouldn't be so bad. Or should I take the sub before I blow down the adderall?? Ah so confused. Need a solution for what ever will make me feel the best during the comedown. And yes I know I won't feel 100 percent perfect either way. Thanks!

I think the key is to only use the very least of either to do the trick if you overload those little receptors in your noggin that make you feel good and then come down well... its going to feel like crap . That is my experience i would first get as much sleep as possible before the tests , nothing like natural chemicals to help you think.

Adderall is a very dirty feeling drug as is IMO.

I would just take Suboxone. If you want to take some Adderall, then I would recommend doing a smaller amount of it.

In my experience taking amphets while coming off of opiates is a terrible idea. Made all my symptoms much much worse

Amphetamine comedowns in themselves can be pretty nasty. I've not experienced opiate withdrawal but I would certainly not want to combine the two. Of course amphetamines will make you feel better at first you'll get tweaked! But I don't see how it helps with processing the emotions that may come up during the withdrawal process.

it's not as bad as you might think

I've read a lot of forums discussing this issue and it surprises me that most people answer based on what they think it would feel like without actual experience. Of course it would seem natural of an opiate addict to hypothesize that stimulants would be horrible during opiate withdrawal. This isn't the case for every one and i can say this because i have done it before and i am doing it right now. That being said it is not such a great idea because trying to manage a run on amphetamine is extremely tricky and almost always causes an addiction problem. It is also very easy to take too much and there rarely is a large enough supply because it is a tightly controlled substance. I have 60 mgs of ir adderall in me right now and a bottle with 58 60mg tabs right next to me. This might seem great to some people but i hate having this much allegations on me because every month it ends up causing problems and i am not even really a fan of stims. Yet i always end up taking more than planned and staying up for days when the plan was to just take a couple. The addiction almost always takes over and i end up being up for days. If you are trying to get off of opiates chances are you probably have an addictive personality as well and will eventually have problems trying to cure one highly addictive drug with another. Not to sound too preachy but i would hate to see any one in over their head.
My experience is that the amphetamine does take the edge off of the mental withdrawal but the physical problems can be worse. This can be fixed however with a moderate dose of loperamide which for me almost completely tales away the peripheral problems caused by opiate withdrawal. A problem with this is you can end up being very constipated and find yourself needing to take the loperamide when you can't. This is my problem right now. I'm a day off opiates and when i felt the withdrawal coming on i took my adderalls. I mentally feel great but have been constipated for a week. I took properties last night to ease body pains that were already starting. Now the loperamide is wearing off and my stomach is starting to go wayward from the amps. Yet i am severely constricted and afraid to take moreloperamide. Any suggestions on what i can do? My body is naturally telling me it would be crazy to take stole softeners or laxatives. Usually catapres helps take away problems coming off opiates both physically and mentally but I'm not sure if it is ok to take this with amphetamine salts. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Basically to sum it all up yes in my experience sustained really help take away problems caused by opiate withdrawal but in the end they cause problems of their own. Also i do not recommend taking amps without a benzo available because if you mis manage your intake you can find yourself coming into a hellashish crash while in acute opiate withdrawal and that will surely be a disaster for any one.

Good luck,

@sp0r412

I forgot to mention that it seems with adderall there are two stages. First smooth high which i believe is from the dextro salt then it gets a little rougher which i believe is more of a result of the levo salt. Correct me if I'm wrong. But in theory if you have a choice i believe dexadrine would be a lot more helpful for this purpose than adderall.

People use opiates to ease the comedown from adderall and other stimulants... and you're trying to stay away from opiates... so taking a adderall is is quite obviously a stupid thing to do.

You will go up and feel good, then you will come down and crave opiates even more than before. Big "duh" on this one.

Smoke some weed, and eat healthy and plenty.

Fuck adderall during opiate W/D that would make you feel so much worse.

I have used MA with limited success during opiate W/D just because I knew it would be a distraction, so I guess I can see how an amphetamine might help someone, depending. My body just hates amphetamines, except methamphetamine, it's the only one I can tolerate to some degree. Adderall, dexedrine, those are all guaranteed bad times for me.

I only have used stims during w/d when I absolutely had to get work done and be out and about (such as when I had to finish my thesis). Wasn't particularly nice, but wasn't as bad as it would have been otherwise. I'd only take it in the morning btw, after I got up. It did provide some mood lift, although not nearly as much as a full agonist opioid :\ I can imagine it sucking really bad if one was in acute w/d and couldn't get any rest due to stimulant use :( No sir....

I only have used stims during w/d when I absolutely had to get work done and be out and about (such as when I had to finish my thesis). Wasn't particularly nice, but wasn't as bad as it would have been otherwise. I'd only take it in the morning btw, after I got up. It did provide some mood lift, although not nearly as much as a full agonist opioid :\ I can imagine it sucking really bad if one was in acute w/d and couldn't get any rest due to stimulant use :( No sir....

This is where I'm at, i first dosed yesterday morning 60mg of amphetamine. However this was much too high a dose. I felt great but when i started to come down i panicked and dosed again. Big mistake. This opened pandoras box. It is now four am and i tried to make it through the night without taking anymore. My whole goal was to make time speed up without concentrating on the opiate withdrawal too much until one pm later today when i receive my subutex. All went smoothly and last night i lay down for bed and pop 7mg clonazepam. Fast forward to about 2 am and so far so good. I didn't sleep but got some twilight sleep. This ended about an hour ago and i started to get terrible stomach and extreme euphoria. Is now 430 and i realize i can't survive feeling like this for 8 more hours when my subs arrive. I'm going to need to take more. At least to avoid this horrible crash mixed with narcotic withdrawal. After this foolish dose i may just have to flush the 50 some remaining pills. I hate myself right now. I recently got out of a grueling rehab where i kicked opiates, benzos, and amps. I was feeling great now with the blink of an eye I'm back on everything. For the sake of anyone else who may decide to try this i still admit i was wrong and hopefully the subs will provide relief. I just want to be clean again.

Any uppers make me feel shitty while in opiat withdrawals because I am already depressed then ahve to come down off an upper. Even if the come down is minimal..you are already in shambles from the chemical imbalance due to the opiate wihtdrawal.

This is where I'm at, i first dosed yesterday morning 60mg of amphetamine.

yarr... I never would dose more than 15-20mg tops of adderall and as I said only in the early am. sounds like a pretty nasty situation you found yourself in mygreenbic. Good luck to ya!

>I have 60 mgs of ir adderall in me right now
>and a bottle with 58 60mg tabs right next to me.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but 60mg IR adderall? Is the person who posted that mistaken or am I just not seeing the existence anywhere in my pill ID book and weblinks?

Hi all
I'm sitting here and reading some of the comments and they are great. I'm on day 2 cold turkey from opiates, feel not bad. I snorted 30mg-60mg of Roxies a day. I tried w/d's with out any help and no success, so this time around Im attempting it with 5 days supply of 30mg adderall.
First day was lil tough and decided to go with one dose of 30mg capsule time release. I made myself eat 2 waffles before I took it at 8:30am and by 9am it was ON. Keep in mind you will not have appetite till around 9pm.. Great time till about 5pm. Thought of taking another, but I would have never fell a sleep.. So I decided to get some grapefruit juice, great idea because it kicked back in till 9pm. That's when the crash happened, no energy, sore, cramps. I took 1mg of xanex and feel asleep at 10pm or so and slept with no problems till 7am..I just was to throw it in as I'm attempting this I work from 9am-9pm at my own restaurant and I can't Not Be There.

Second day woke up at 7 with a cup of coffee "as always and made myself eat again. Than took another dose of 30mg adderall at 8:30am and I'm sitting here on my break and its 3pm still good..
I would recommend some kind of Loperamide Hydrochloride, <-6$ at local pharmacy or even gastations carry some kind..I'm 225 lb and 2 mg work great for whole day and I was able to use the bathroom once a day, so far. Going to attempt the juice here soon and same as last night 1mg of Xanax for sleep. Make sure some 800mg of ibuprofen for the muscle aches..

I hope I helped some of y'all, I know by reading these posts this process has been, well I can't say pleasant but def easier than before attempts.. Will keep up with post as days go ON!!!
Good luck all

As I'm writing this its day 3 cold turkey. I did exactly the same as I had for last 2 days and still good, but adderall is wearing off earlier each day. Since my doses are in capsules I opened up one and took out about 1/4 of capsule beads. I wouldn't recommend full dose, most likely will result in NO SLEEP. Going to continue with 1mg of Xanax after 9pm or earlier if the anxyity intensifies. Remember adderall is also addictive and can have big withdrawals also, if you never taken adderall I would recommend to do some research on it before you attempt this.

Sounds like you don't have horrible withdrawals, or you wouldn't be considering taking the Adderall and would be dying to take the Suboxone for relief from the awful withdrawal.