• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Confused about how to test for purity of molly

Meow1243

Bluelighter
So I haven't rolled in over two year's. When I first tried what was being sold as "molly" in my area (I was 16 and dumb as hell) my come up would take about 30-45 minutes, the peak lasted about 2 hours and then I would re-dose multiple times throughout the night for a total of about 12 hours of rolling. I would end up taking a total of about 1.2 grams of "molly". After wising up and actually doing some research about the effects of pure MDMA I've come to realize that what I was taking was probably cut or not even MDMA.
I want to roll again, but this time I'll be testing my crystals for MDMA. I've been told that the Marquis test will identify the prescence of MDMA, MDA, and MDE. Yet it cannot tell me if there are other substances such as ketamine, methamphetamine, or PMA's. How can I figure out if my pill is cut with some other unwanted substance? Furthermore, how can I tell if my pill has MDMA as opposed to MDA? Please no judgies for my ignorant and reckless behavior, I've come to realise just how stupid I was and thankfully have retained no permanent damage, at least none that I notice.

reagent testing doesn't differentiate between MDMA and MDA. it's a limitation

The substance you described at the beginning of the post (on which you initially rolled) sounds like Methylone). It is decent and you will roll on it, but you have to take so much more, tolerance builds faster, it doesn't last as long,, and I my experience, it has always been more expensive than the real thing. As for the marquis test, I only got to use it once (to test some molly which turned immediate yellow, then later dark purple- my assumption is that it was primarily heavily cut with Methylone, but contained some pure MDMA). But my power went out during a heat wave for a while, and I think the heat ruined it.

Thanks sedative :) so is there no way that I can tell if my molly is pure MDMA? Will I always just be taking a chance with molly? I really want to experience pure MDMA.

EZTest sells a purity testkit. But It will only give you a (very rough) estimate plus you need accurate scales to use them (able to weigh out exactly 10mg I believe). Also, only use this this alongside the regular tests, it doesn't screen for a lot of the common adulterants, you should only use it to gauge purity, after having confirmed with a regular testkit that it is in fact MDMA and probably with nothing else added

I have never used these so can't comment on how accurate they are and you should also be aware that the mixture, whether it's in pill form or crystal form, of MDMA and filler/binder might not be uniform. A gram of MDMA might be 70% pure on one sample taken and 50% pure on another one, from the same baggy. So purity tests can give you some added confirmation, but don't rely on them too much

If you want to be sure you are experiencing the real deal I'd perform an acetone wash and then use the reagent tests to confirm there are no other active components. This is likely to give a purity well in excess of 95%