Confessions of a middle-aged Ecstasy eater

Yep, definitely an article worth reading.....both for first-timers and regular users whos have forgotten what the fuck it is that drives them to stick these little pills down their throat week in, month out (looks in mirror!).
I understand why some people don't like this guy and have described him as being a 'twat' and a 'tool' however. I guess from our point of view, here's this 50-yr old guy who has found ecstacy and suddenly thinks it his mission to tell the whole world what they're missing out on, and were like..."Hey fuck you mister, weve been doin' this for yrs. Who the fuck do you think you are? Just because your vocabulary's so big you dont know what to do with it you think it's your caling to tell the world. Well we were here first!". A bit OTT maybe, but he comes across as a bit arrogant, thats for sure.
I also found his choice of words a little strange for describing his sons choice to stop using MDMA. "...my son has managed to kick the habit". I would have thought after such an article he would have said something more along the lines of, "...my son has decided that he no longer needs ecstacy to achieve a contented state of spiritual well-being and happiness, and for that I commend him", or something along those lines.
Anyway, great article, I want a pill.

Hi all. In case you didn't realise, this article is actually an excerpt from the book of the same title, published by Granta (2001).
You can check it out on amazon.
Voodoo Gurl and I have a copy and it's an excellent book.

up you go.......what a story, MDMA certainly shines through brightly in this one, i loved it.

An excellent read from start to finish, I usually find it hard to stay concentrated when reading something (even stuff ten times smaller then this), and this had me fixed from start to finish. Excellent work. I give it an A+. :)

Absolutely brilliant. I'd love to know who 'anonymous' is. It seems that he managed to bring together not only the sensation, the rush and the spirit of E, but also effortlessly fused the basic principles of harm reduction.

A beautiful piece, amazingly written.

This was an interesting read, although I didnt really like it :\

cant say exactly why

FANTASTIC STORY!!!!!.....I have 3 kids now and at the time I was into E I had 2. My wife and I lived in an apt. complex and had a number of sitters for the kids. We would plan our rolls (together) in advance so we could make sure the kids would not be home. It became a ritual to go out eat an early light dinner talk a little about what we expected out of the evening. We would discuss any issues or problems we had at dinner, this included problems like money or issues we had with each other and get them out of the way. We would get home call the sitter to make sure the kids were ok and would be ok for the night. We would both drop our Rolls I usually would take 2 right off the bat and she would do just 1. Then we would both get into the shower. After the showers the pills usually would just start to hit. She would always put on something kind of sexy and really soft for me to rub on when we where chatting or whatever. These evenings would keep us happy for just about a whole month. It was not always about sex ( usually it ended up that way) but about spending time together expressing our feelings for each other holding and massaging , just bringing us closer. I am not saying that you need drugs to do this but the E sure did help our relationship and we just seemed to be happy and look forward to those evenings. We ended up moving away from my source and have not done this in years and I have to say that our relationship has slowly started to deteriorate. She finds it hard to open up to me now and we pick at each other and things bother us about each other but we just love each other enough to stay together. I would compare how my wife and I felt about our special E nights to how your children look forward to going to Disneyland. You have your tickets and you know your going and you get all excited and can't stop talking about it until the day your arrive then your in heaven .....Your story is again Fantastic and I can totally relate to your feelings.

Bumpity bump bump...Very interesting and inspiring read...Thanks for sharing :)

Just ordered the book, I'll read it next time I'll be rolling :D.

I actually want to give my parents some pills, but I've never told them I do drugs. I told them I drink, which isn't really true, because I don't drink often.

I may bring something up about MDMA therapy next weekend when I go home, and if the response is positive, I may pull out some and tell them to take their medicine ;).