• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Concerta overdose, please respond asap

AcidRainDrops

Greenlighter
okay so last night me and my buddy partied all night for halloween, we both had work today. He was worried about being all tired for work so i gave him my bottle of concerta 36mg, told him to take a few and hed be alright thru the day. He text me about a half hour ago and the dude took 7, he says that they were all spread out from 9:30 am till like 4:00 pm. i know some about the drug as it has time release that lasts over 12 hours, but is he in some shit? btw it was orally taken. and please dont flame me i know that it was fucking absolutely retarded to lend him the whole bottle and i feel like a dumbass.

IF I had seen this when you posted I would of responded right away...... I took 164mg to do some writing at this cafe.... I had NO idea the dosage I was taking... I thought it was equivalent to about 40mg of adderall or so.... I don't know how much your buddy took, but it was one of the scariest days of my life. It hit me many hours later, when I ate a small, last crushed piece I had left over and my heart started accelerating and my head became extremely hot and I the most horrible anxiety I thought I was gona die I just kept walking and walking and walking through the city.... bought an Ice Pack holding it on my head, drinking as much water as I could, I was trying so hard to hold it together I wanted to cry I really thought I was going to die. But I didn't want to call 911.

In retrospect, I should of called 911 right away. I ended up just walking for over 2 hours, met up with my mom, she drove me to the hospital because of my heart rate/extreme palpitations.

I ended up being OKAY and they sent me home with the prognosis of heart palpitations, but it was a fucking terrifying experience.

I also believe it caused some temporary damage because 4 or 5 days later, I had not taken anything at all since that time.... and out of nowhere, I had a couple sips of coffee, that's all I can think of. And I started to become increasingly dissociative and things got scary, idk hard to explain what im trying to say. I guess it's what you would call an extreme panic attack? And my heart rate started speeding up, ran back to my apartment, leaving my macbook there, lay down in bed tried drinking water - hoping it would pass... but it didn't and I started to have this feeling that I was going to have a seizure and my legs and arms began to shake uncontrollably so I called 911 and they rushed me to the hospital.....

FUCK CONCERTA, Be careful with that shit, it can be dangerous.

I hope you friend made it out okay.

I also believe it caused some temporary damage because 4 or 5 days later, I had not taken anything at all since that time.... and out of nowhere, I had a couple sips of coffee, that's all I can think of. And I started to become increasingly dissociative and things got scary, idk hard to explain what im trying to say. I guess it's what you would call an extreme panic attack? And my heart rate started speeding up, ran back to my apartment, leaving my macbook there, lay down in bed tried drinking water - hoping it would pass... but it didn't and I started to have this feeling that I was going to have a seizure and my legs and arms began to shake uncontrollably so I called 911 and they rushed me to the hospital....

Hey bluntedskier,

This is the perfect description of a panic attack. The disassociation especially hits home for me but fear of death and flight/fight are all in there too. Next time it happens just try focus on the fact it is all in your head and stay calm. If you take your pulse when it first hits you will also likely notice that your heart rate is actually fairly close to normal really surprised me the first time because it feels like its racing. Also just interacting with another human being can really help.

@OP
250mg ingested over 7 hours
methylphenidate half life of 2 hours
stopped ingesting a few hours ago

If he was going to be in much trouble it probably already would have happened (edit: though the time release could mean the cumulative highest dose hasn't occurred yet)

here is a good discussion http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=190336

Thanks for the responds guys. I called him over to my house and we hungout for a while and smoked some green just trying to make his heart rate cool out as you can imagine it was pounding. He left about 10 minutes ago and seemed alright. I would think that the highest amount he would be exposed to has already come and gone.

Thanks for the link amapola i had already searched BL and found that thread. It seems like theres many different thoughts on it, and i didnt know what to think. But when i was looking up concerta in particular i couldnt even find anyone that had taken more then 5 pills at a time. And when they had other users said that it was incredibaly. Seems to be though that someone with no tolerance can take 7 pills in 6-7 hour time span and not suffer any immediate detrimental effects, atleast from this occasion.

I know that ive learned something today though. That just because you are careful and smart when it comes to recreational drugs not everyone else is. That'll be the last time I put myself in a position to get someone killed

Thanks for the responds guys. I called him over to my house and we hungout for a while and smoked some green just trying to make his heart rate cool out as you can imagine it was pounding. He left about 10 minutes ago and seemed alright. I would think that the highest amount he would be exposed to has already come and gone.

Thanks for the link amapola i had already searched BL and found that thread. It seems like theres many different thoughts on it, and i didnt know what to think. But when i was looking up concerta in particular i couldnt even find anyone that had taken more then 5 pills at a time. And when they had other users said that it was incredibaly. Seems to be though that someone with no tolerance can take 7 pills in 6-7 hour time span and not suffer any immediate detrimental effects, atleast from this occasion.

I know that ive learned something today though. That just because you are careful and smart when it comes to recreational drugs not everyone else is. That'll be the last time I put myself in a position to get someone killed

I'm glad to hear your friend is okay...definitely a scary wake up call!

Saved by the time release...LOL why the fuck would he take 7? Did you tell him what it was or you just said it was Tic-Tac wake up brand?

Saved by the time release...LOL why the fuck would he take 7? Did you tell him what it was or you just said it was Tic-Tac wake up brand?

I didnt tell him what it was but i figured that by it being in a script pill bottle he would know no to eat them like m&ms. But hes still alive i talked to him today and he said hes fine his chest just hurts.

I've taken around 900mg in one day, and well, wow. Stimulant induced pyschosis indeed.

I don't know that mich about methyphiendiate but I think the only danger would be heart related, nothing else

I wouldn't post on a public forum thaat you gave your prescription pills to a friend... thats dealing... sorry to be a bit moody about this, but it's in your best interest to not include the part where u say that its u that gave him the pills... you'll know for next time...

glad your friend is OK....

I wouldn't post on a public forum thaat you gave your prescription pills to a friend... thats dealing... sorry to be a bit moody about this, but it's in your best interest to not include the part where u say that its u that gave him the pills... you'll know for next time...

glad your friend is OK....

Ya good point. He can get charged with first degree murder if his friend dies from the pills. It's kind of hard, even for a good lawyer to prove that his friend chose not to listen to him and take more...they will think that he purposely told his friend to take that amount in order to kill him.

Yeah, passing out your prescriptions to your friends can be a bad idea and scary if they take too much because if they OD your charged with murder. I once gave my friend a bottle of Methadone while at work and I was so scared because he turned pale and was puking every hour, he couldn't walk but the manager kept making him so he would puke. I thought he was going to die. Oh fuck, never again will I do that.

I've taken around 900mg in one day, and well, wow. Stimulant induced pyschosis indeed.

I don't know that mich about methyphiendiate but I think the only danger would be heart related, nothing else

what the fuck ? you're lucky to be alive dude