• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Comparison: MDMA - Methylone (bk-MDMA) - Ethylone (bk-MDEA) - Butylone (bk-MBDB)

ungelesene_bettlek

Bluelighter
I am interested in the comparison of the cathinone versions of several MDMA derivatives. especially, I am interested in Ethylone, since I noticed that there is no Big&Dandy thread about it.

so, as far as I have understood this now, Methylone has the same dopamine release rate as MDMA, but significantly less serotonin release. this makes it in general weaker than MDMA, and it is a little bit more on the stimulant site and a little less empathogenic than MDMA. is this true so far?

butylone is said to be even closer to a straight stimulant and has only little empathogenic and entactogenic properties. true?

now to ethylone: what I have read about it now is very inconclusive. some say it is similar to butylone, while others claim that it is less stimulating with more serotonin release. what is true?

also I'm interested in how mephedrone comes into the picture: from its highly euphoric and reinforcing properties I would guess that it releases lots of dopamine, but also significant amounds of serotonin, which account for its entactogenic effects. does this make sense?

finally are there any experiences in mixing several of those cathinones to get an experience closer to MDMA? one idea I have in mind is combining methylone with a SSRA (MDAI would be the most obvious choice) in order to make up for the decreased serotonin release of methylone. could this work? is it safe?

Heres a bit about mephedrone: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...ionid=AA403C176D5DBFC191A9126D12AA1A0B.d03t01

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE The designer drug 1-(4-methylphenyl)-2-methylaminopropan-1-one (4-methylmethcathinone, mephedrone) is reported to possess psychostimulant, entactogenic and hallucinogenic effects. The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of acute administration of mephedrone on extracellular levels of dopamine (DA) and 5-HT in the nucleus accumbens of awake rats and compare these effects with those induced by 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, ecstasy) and amphetamine.

EXPERIMENTAL APPROACH Microdialysis sampling was performed while simultaneously recording locomotor activity in rats and the monoamines were determined by HPLC with electrochemical detection.

KEY RESULTS Mephedrone (3 mg·kg−1 s.c.) and (+)-amphetamine (1 mg·kg−1 s.c.) caused rapid increases in extracellular DA levels of 496% and 412%, respectively, whereas MDMA (3 mg·kg−1 s.c.) showed only a moderate effect (235%). The corresponding 5-HT levels increased to 941% (mephedrone) and 911% (MDMA), but only to 165% following amphetamine. The calculated t1/2 values for elimination rate of mephedrone, MDMA and amphetamine-induced increases in extracellular DA levels were 25, 303 and 51 min, the corresponding t1/2 values for 5-HT were 26, 48 and 84 min, respectively. Locomotor activity was increased most by amphetamine, whereas both mephedrone and MDMA showed about three times lower and shorter-lasting effects.

CONCLUSIONS AND IMPLICATIONS The neurochemical and functional properties of mephedrone resemble those of MDMA, but it also shows an amphetamine-like effect in that it evokes a rapid release and elimination of DA in the brain reward system, a feature that may contribute to its potent re-inforcing properties.

Ophidian: thank you a lot for your interesting link!

i've so far only read bad reports of mixing methylone with butylone.
interesting. I have read several very positive reports in some german-speaking forums.

however from personal experience if you wanna mimic MDMA you gotta mix a more stimulating cathione like 4-fa into methylone.
you say 4-FA is more serotonergic than methylone? that's hard to believe for me. from what I have read, 4-FA indeed has serotonin releasing effects (definitely much more than unsubstituted amphetamine), but still far less serotonin release than MDMA and similar compounds. btw, 4-FA is not a cathinone, it's just amphetamine with a fluor atom at the 4-position (a quite little difference, chemically speaking).

that's why I rather thought about mixing in selective serotonin releasers like MDAI or IAP.

if you wanna mimic old-school xtasy pills that contained MDA & MDMA (and most times also speed) you can try a methylone + MDPV combo but the comedown is aweful and nasty because of the pv.
make it even more stimulating? no thanks, nothing for me. I even dislike MDPV On its own a lot.

no experience with ethylone but i read that its "methylones retarded little brother" beeing even a weaker version of methylone. cannot confirm from personal experience tho.
yes, it is obviously not a very interesting compound on its own. but maybe it has its uses in combinations? anyways, I am very curious what kind of effects it has, since I have read so contradictory reports.

Wht about Ethylone?..how does it compare to methylone?
Is it worth taking if i haven't touched any cathinones.or stimulants.I like how methyline wws relaxing yet somewhat stimulating.. and emphathetic

So does Ethylone release dopamine.
I ask because I have used adderal before to help with my opiate withdrawl.surprisingly it helps with the restless legs and antsy feelings. I had been on suboxne for years,then i had took some heroin for a day or two

Knowing i had to wait to take my suboxone,I had taken adderall and I think I also took either neurintin or either xanax or valium so I wudnt have to feel that inbetween antsy half withdrawl crao.

So I was wondering,cud ethylone be used in sort of the same manner?Will Ethylone give me that dopamine boost? Or u reckon it wud make things worse?
ANY advice is greatly appreciated

bk-MDEA is pleasant, it's weak but it gives a nice soft buzz. Pretty good for small house parties in my opinion.

I have mda, mdma, methylone and 5-mapb in my kit. All are tested and judging by potency by weight of very high quality. Ive been experimenting with different combinations for about six months. Ive found all have good attributes and lesser so based on what your objective is.

Keeping to the subject, for my SO and me ourfavorite combination for sexual enhancement is ~30-50mgs mda + ~175mg-225mgs methylone for an initial dose with fluctuations based on the differences in our weights. (125/180lbs) The mda gives the methylone more of an empathy push without too much desire to just talk about feelings like mdma does. Additionally it gives the methylone a longer window of action. For us it pushes the methylone peak from roughly 2 hours to close to 4. One additional similar dose of methylone puts you right back. Typically for us the desire to redose with methylone alone can lead to 3-4 redoses leaving you pretty fried an uncomfortable. The mda adds legs and just the right amount of love.

Having experimented with all the above for nights at home with a SO this combination has become our favorite. We will sub in mdma for the mda or mix the two in combo with the methylone for a little more loved up an less carnal high. Methylone just cant be beat when it comes to the sexual push. Probably this is due to the heavier dopamine release. The problem was always the short duration and lingering stimulation due to repetitive redosing. A pinch of mda with its longer effects seem to solve this problem.