• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coming (tapering) down on etizest-1 , got clonazolam & diclazepam

foxy1970

Greenlighter
​Been addicted now to etizolam (etizest-1) brand , 3 years average use 10 - 15 mg per day , Now this magic pink pill Stopped me drinking , smoking crack , using anything else i'm 45 i've been n alcoholic/addict all my life done AA,NA,CA 12 Steps several times no use , found this wonder drug aint been nicked had any fights , ive been "normal" or as normal as i have ever been i smoke weed all day That's all!!!!!! ive tried tapering i Cannot for the life of me get under 8mg per day (ok i have plenty so its hard when theres a 1000 sitting next to you , i have also grabbed 100 2mg Diclazepam & 100 0.5 Clonazolam , from what ive read i should enjoy the clonas 1st then get on with a taper ,i would just like to know your experience on coming off em really & about clonazolam , ive done 5 in hospital diaz detoxes & several home detoxes , ive been using benzos pretty much daily for 16 years ( i really dont want to pick up a drink again i will get life'd off!:X

As you said yourself clonazolam should not be used to taper, diclazepam is a better choice if you must taper on your own. But with such a long daily usage at those doses I would recommend you get professional help to taper this out. There is a real risk here of severe withdrawal sympthoms including seizures if you go down too quickly.

How many Etizest do you have left?

When you have a had time changing from Etizolam to something else I don't think we can start you on Diclazepam only.

My proposal would be to start with a low dose of Diclazepam and add until you do not feel withdrawal any more. This dose of Diclazepam is your fundamental dose then. As it isn't probable this will cut it for you I would add a few Etizest's (maybe 5 mg) and or a few Clonazolam each day just so you get the feeling you need and can handle being on the Diclazepam.

Then I would lower your Diclazepam very slow. And I would lower your Etizolam and Clonazolam even slower and in even smaller intervals. This I would due until a time where you are under 1 mg of Etizest of Clonazolam, here I would drop these two completely. Then you can stay at the hopefully relatively low dosage of Diclazepam that you have come down to for as long as you need. When you feel ready then tapper down to 0,5 mg or 0,25 mg Diclazepam stay there a short while and stop completely.

At this point you might experience some depression like symptoms and anxiety. Short term, you can make these more bearable by taking a small Pregabalin/Gabapentin and Pheniut. When you have done this for a while you can see if you can stop taking these also without problems.

To avoid relapse with your history I really think you have to do it SLOW and take your time. Otherwise you increase the risk of relapse. Do the plan make sense for you?

Thing is i have 100 dicla & 100 clona left but 4000 etiz , i dont think ile do my taper yet there too tempting sitting next to me , ile report back later , i have got a shrink now & im going to do some mental health work :(

Thanks but while ive got 4000 etiz left ile have to try again later , i have got a mental health worker , hopefully ile get a rehab but its hard to taper wen i have stockpiled scared of not having them :(

Getting the mental health help is a step in the right direction. I was able to stop (by slow tapering) a long term daily xanax and temazepam habit that I had been taking for psychological reasons.

The psychiatrist will help you understand why you feel normal and live a better life while on benzos and hopefully give you some more reasonable alternatives.

I take zoloft, and meditate to help with my anxiety problems. It is working way better than the benzos.

UUUGHH... I just wrote a book to the OP about the situation...Bluelight ate it. I too have Full boxes and boxes of the Lil' Pink Panthers and was trying to give advice. Can't write all that again. Sorry for the meaningless reply.

I recommend throwing away the clonzolams. They will make your WD worse - people have supposedly gotten dependent on it with 1 week of use. I'd start weaning down on the etizolams, but you will want to change to a long-acting benzo, like valium or diclazepam, and take it at night before bed. I would seek out a psychiatrist, as if you have been using clonzolam for quite awhile, .5 clonzolam is like taking 2.5 xanax/klonopin, so it is very potent and no joke.

Sorry im interested how you get into a hospital to do your taper id like to do this but it seems like in britain its dettox centres and you either need to have money or if your lucky the nhs will pay for it good luck anyway i only know about diazepam so i cant advice you on these new nenzos ,though ive tried a couple of diclazepam ,1 flubomazepam and some other one pyrazalom or something i personally prefer the old skool nenzos like diazepam nitrazepam u tried them the best mogodon is their nickname best ever also temazepam back in the 90,s their banned now clonazepam(klonopin) their all the best .

When you have thousands of pills laying around, it's going to be hard to taper on your own. You have been taking benzos for a really long time. It might be better for you to try a longer term in-patient program. Maybe you weren't ready yet and that's why the detoxes were unsuccessful.