Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to schedule a review panel - http://www.orb.on.ca

if everything goes well, you are decertified which means no more injections.

ask your doctor or nurse what a review panel is because they have to tell you what it is if you ask .
have you done it before, did it work out sucessfully for you? im kinda scared now that im going to have to be getting these injections for the rest of my life.

Hey so i checked out the website, i didnt see anything about scheduling a review panel, can you be more specific where to go on the site.

Last edited:
have you done it before, did it work out sucessfully for you? im kinda scared now that im going to have to be getting these injections for the rest of my life.

Hey so i checked out the website, i didnt see anything about scheduling a review panel, can you be more specific where to go on the site.
i live on the West Coast so the review panel may be different but i think it is the same process.

first time, i failed because i had a crappy lawyer but the second time it went my away.

i don't know what part of the website to visit to find the form you have to fill out but they have a phone number, call them. they can email you it. all of this can also be done by your nurse, just tell them that you are having difficult in getting the process started for a review panel.

essentially, at the review panel, they want to know if you can support yourself like having a stable job. they also want to know why and your reason why you are court ordered - they want you to explain your actions.

i am not sure why you have a court order because i dont know your story on why you are court ordered to take injections.

anyways, best of luck.

I just had a quick look and found these documents, they might help??

@Gdvffh none of that stuff works for you. strange.

take a look at the mental review board for my province, it is much easier to navigate - https://www.bcmhrb.ca/

if i were you, i would call the nurse or clinic tomorrow ASAP and ask how to schedule a review panel. I would also make a post on Reddit in your province's subreddit.

also, the phone number to ontario review board is -
Telephone:416-327-8866

it doesn't hurt to call to find out more information.

i live on the West Coast so the review panel may be different but i think it is the same process.

first time, i failed because i had a crappy lawyer but the second time it went my away.

i don't know what part of the website to visit to find the form you have to fill out but they have a phone number, call them. they can email you it. all of this can also be done by your nurse, just tell them that you are having difficult in getting the process started for a review panel.

essentially, at the review panel, they want to know if you can support yourself like having a stable job. they also want to know why and your reason why you are court ordered - they want you to explain your actions.

i am not sure why you have a court order because i dont know your story on why you are court ordered to take injections.

anyways, best of luck.
hey so you too were on a community treatment order to get put on antipsychotic injections. Yeah so im just wondering how much did you spend on a lawyer, im worried it will cost like 10 grand or so. Its nice to hear that there are people who were in my shoes and were able to get out of the forced injections.

basically my parents do this thing where they call the cops on me and i end up in a mental hospital. I think ive been in one 6 times now, last time i was there the doctor decided he wanted me on a community treatment order because i kept ending back in the mental hospital. I think i may need to call a rights advisor about getting off the CTO community treatment order. were you stressed like i am when you found out your on a CTO?

hey so you too were on a community treatment order to get put on antipsychotic injections. Yeah so im just wondering how much did you spend on a lawyer, im worried it will cost like 10 grand or so. Its nice to hear that there are people who were in my shoes and were able to get out of the forced injections.

basically my parents do this thing where they call the cops on me and i end up in a mental hospital. I think ive been in one 6 times now, last time i was there the doctor decided he wanted me on a community treatment order because i kept ending back in the mental hospital. I think i may need to call a rights advisor about getting off the CTO community treatment order. were you stressed like i am when you found out your on a CTO?
We call it Extended Leave instead of community treatment order in BC.

I spent zero dollars on a lawyer, it is free, they will give you when you fill out the forms.

I was stressed when i found i was court ordered but who gives a damn. i schedule the review panel and it turns out the doctor was lying about my condition. I am no longer forced to take meds. it feels liberating.

you have crappy parents. thats all i can say man.

call 416-327-8866 and ask how to do a review panel. or call the forensic clinic.

We call it Extended Leave instead of community treatment order in BC.

I spent zero dollars on a lawyer, it is free, they will give you when you fill out the forms.

I was stressed when i found i was court ordered but who gives a damn. i schedule the review panel and it turns out the doctor was lying about my condition. I am no longer forced to take meds. it feels liberating.

you have crappy parents. thats all i can say man.

call 416-327-8866 and ask how to do a review panel. or call the forensic clinic.
thanks for the help man ill see how it goes, hopefully i can get off the injections, i dont want to take it for the rest of my life. I got a lot of plans and all that stuff. Yeah i will call that number tomorow, see if they can help me out. Its nice to hear the lawyer is free, i was worried id have to spend all my money on a lawyer and not even be positive of winning the case.

thanks for the help man ill see how it goes, hopefully i can get off the injections, i dont want to take it for the rest of my life. I got a lot of plans and all that stuff. Yeah i will call that number tomorow, see if they can help me out. Its nice to hear the lawyer is free, i was worried id have to spend all my money on a lawyer and not even be positive of winning the case.
It seems like your parents resent you or something.

focus on the review panel and then try to move out of your parents home only if you can support yourself.

oh yeah, at the review panel, it is a good idea to have a witness with you so that they can tell the review panel that you are suffering, you have low energy and you know how to support yourself.

if you fail the review panel, that is okay because you can schedule another one in 3 months.

It seems like your parents resent you or something.

focus on the review panel and then try to move out of your parents home only if you can support yourself.

oh yeah, at the review panel, it is a good idea to have a witness with you so that they can tell the review panel that you are suffering, you have low energy and you know how to support yourself.

if you fail the review panel, that is okay because you can schedule another one in 3 months.
yeah so i called the number, in ontario your aloud to appeal once every 6 months, i already tried to appeal it and i lost back in april. so now i cant appeal it until september, they provide a lawyer and all that as well. Well so hopefully it goes well, i mean it dosnt look too good i already lost the first time, so idk how its going to go this time.

yeah so i called the number, in ontario your aloud to appeal once every 6 months, i already tried to appeal it and i lost back in april. so now i cant appeal it until september, they provide a lawyer and all that as well. Well so hopefully it goes well, i mean it dosnt look too good i already lost the first time, so idk how its going to go this time.
It is okay. The first time I did the review panel, it was very awful for myself. The lawyer did not care. Fortunately, the second time i schedule the review, all went well. The lawyer was very nice. They trusted me throughout the entire process.

FYI, the second review panel was done through Microsoft Zoom and the first one was speaker conference call. So maybe that made a difference as well.

I hope the best for you. You seem like you don't need any meds, you just have crappy parents. I would move out if i was in your position.

It is okay. The first time I did the review panel, it was very awful for myself. The lawyer did not care. Fortunately, the second time i schedule the review, all went well. The lawyer was very nice. They trusted me throughout the entire process.

FYI, the second review panel was done through Microsoft Zoom and the first one was speaker conference call. So maybe that made a difference as well.

I hope the best for you. You seem like you don't need any meds, you just have crappy parents. I would move out if i was in your position.
Yeah i want to move out but i dont make enough to live on my own. Right now i work at canada post and im a casual employee making 21 an hour. I put my transfer form to go to anothet city for oart time and now im waiting it out. Max pay at my workplace is 28. So ill eventually be independent.

Yeah my parents keep just saying im sick and i need treatment. They dont really care that i tell them i dont like the meds. They keep saying there acting in my best interest but they dont get i really dont like the meds. Im 29 so its embarassing in still living at home. But ive been dealing with meds since im 23

Yeah i want to move out but i dont make enough to live on my own. Right now i work at canada post and im a casual employee making 21 an hour. I put my transfer form to go to anothet city for oart time and now im waiting it out. Max pay at my workplace is 28. So ill eventually be independent.

Yeah my parents keep just saying im sick and i need treatment. They dont really care that i tell them i dont like the meds. They keep saying there acting in my best interest but they dont get i really dont like the meds. Im 29 so its embarassing in still living at home. But ive been dealing with meds since im 23
I can kind of relate with you because I used to work with UPS - it's hard to get 40 hours of work time per week. I have tried to work at Canada Post but i failed their online assessment during the hiring process.

Anyways, best of luck with your situation. I think it will improve very greatly once you are able to schedule a review panel.

Don't be ashamed that you live with your parents. A lot of people don't even move out their parents home because they have to take care of them when they get older. it's all about honor.

try to save up as much money as you can and just move forward from all of this mess. if you parents want grandchildren, tell them to F*ck off ... because that's what they are doing to you.

Lol yup. You cant really function. Lime right now im medicated but im still working and all. What about you are you still recovering from some meds or are you just hear to chill. Ive been on quite a bit of meds. Risperisone abilify. And i recovered every time. But it takes a while close to a year. But if your constantly on medication then how do you recover from meds.

The system is all bs. Like i asked about my roght to refuse treatment and they say it dosnt apply to me because im mentally ill. Also they got my dad as my decision maker. But it sounds like basically if he dosnt agree for me to be on meds then they will just remove him as decision maker since hes not acting in my "best interest". They need security guards and police at these mental hospitals to make ppl take medications. It really is just a shitshow.

You sound pretty recovered though so im a little surprised your on these forums.

Lol yup. You cant really function. Lime right now im medicated but im still working and all. What about you are you still recovering from some meds or are you just hear to chill. Ive been on quite a bit of meds. Risperisone abilify. And i recovered every time. But it takes a while close to a year. But if your constantly on medication then how do you recover from meds.

The system is all bs. Like i asked about my roght to refuse treatment and they say it dosnt apply to me because im mentally ill. Also they got my dad as my decision maker. But it sounds like basically if he dosnt agree for me to be on meds then they will just remove him as decision maker since hes not acting in my "best interest". They need security guards and police at these mental hospitals to make ppl take medications. It really is just a shitshow.

You sound pretty recovered though so im a little surprised your on these forums.
I am on this forum or in this thread because I was on Invega for almost 2 years. I have been 10 months off from Invega injection. However, since then, i was put on Ablifiy. but since May 8 2021, i took my final ablifiy injection because the review panel worked out for me. I was told that the doctor lied about my condition or i was at least misdiagnosed. the doctor turned out he was not professional and actually very stubborn in a evil way .

my family members and my GP all told me that i do not have a mental illness so that was really helpful to some degree.

so pretty much, i come to this thread and the ablifiy thread for support because i still have to recover. i have yet to lose the 70 pounds i gained from AP. Keep in mind that i am very slowly getting better. It just takes time.

I only come here because a lot of the posts were helpful to me and i am returning the favor. I can always delete my account here but i choose not too.

and yes, i was court order to see a psychiatrist but there is a backstory to all of this on WHY i ended up getting charged. Because I told the truth in court and to the review panel on WHY i committed the crime, i ended up being free. and yes, i told them and showed them i have the ability to support my self like having a stable job, i can do chores around the home, and just be independent overall. i told them i am not a drug addict nor homeless. so they let me go.

i am still on my probation but that is okay because it will expire soon ... i just hope that i can fully recover and lose all of this weight because i miss being outdoors and being active and all .

if you are wondering, i am still taking my supplements because the withdrawal side effects from all of these APs are messed up such as being sleepy, insomia, headaches, body aches, and so forth - you probably know all of the side effects by now.

anyways, best of luck . i hope you get out of this situation you are in. you can always try PRO BONO lawyer services as well in case if you want to talk to a lawyer for free if you want additional information. A simple review panel should be good enough but remember to have a witness with you. it adds more credibility to your case.

thanks, having a witness seems like a good idea, but my family thinks im sick so i cant go using them, same thing with my doctor, they just say im sick and i need to get better. Sorry to hear you got put on invega sustenna, sounds like your on the final legs of this, now you are not on any medication and you just need to recover from the abilify injection you got put on. I was never on invega sustenna, just risperidone pills back in 2015, during the beginning of these forum threads. So i can relate, i dont think ill have a witness because i dont know who i can put since my family wont really be supporting me, i guess it will be hard to win but gotta hope for the best. Basically i cant appeal it until september and until then i got to get put on the injections.

Glad to hear that its almost the end for you. Hopefully you get better. I also was on an abilify injection and i recovered from that so theres some hope for you that you can recover from an abilify injection.

thanks, having a witness seems like a good idea, but my family thinks im sick so i cant go using them, same thing with my doctor, they just say im sick and i need to get better. Sorry to hear you got put on invega sustenna, sounds like your on the final legs of this, now you are not on any medication and you just need to recover from the abilify injection you got put on. I was never on invega sustenna, just risperidone pills back in 2015, during the beginning of these forum threads. So i can relate, i dont think ill have a witness because i dont know who i can put since my family wont really be supporting me, i guess it will be hard to win but gotta hope for the best. Basically i cant appeal it until september and until then i got to get put on the injections.

Glad to hear that its almost the end for you. Hopefully you get better. I also was on an abilify injection and i recovered from that so theres some hope for you that you can recover from an abilify injection.
Yes, i will recover from the abilify injections.

Your province sucks if you can only appeal every 6 months. in BC, we get to schedule the review panel every 3 months. BC is not a paradise as everything here cost way too much due to inflation but that is another topic.

anyways, you take care, bro. i hope the best for you. Keep scheduling the review panel for yourself and keep taking supplements that will help aid you from all of the side effects you get from these APs. I can tell you right now that your doctor and family abuses you. I respect Canada Post workers .. no lie.. being a mailman is no joke, it can be a dangerous job!

take care, friend.

carry on with your mission.. don't give up..

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd share what my mental health nurse said when I asked how long the drug stays in your system. She said that they tell patients that they need to be three months off before trying to have a baby. I think that even though the half life is very long, because it halves each time, it quite quickly drops down to subtherapeutic levels. I'm talking about invega sustenna, not trinza, although the same logic applies. Even though the half life is very long, you should begin to notice positive changes earlier on.

I also found this thread on Surviving Antidepressants that some of you might find interesting and inspiring. It's about someone who took invega sustenna for a year and then stopped cold turkey:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/18360-☼-mhsh-stopped-antipsychotic-invega-sustenna-cold-turkey-and-would-like-to-recover-asap/

Little update after spacing the 50mg injection out to five weeks apart I get my period back for two days a month and I have lost around 11 pounds I’m at a stand still at 125 pounds and hope the weight can keep coming off but it seems that I’m at a complete standstill. I want to lose at least ten more pounds. I walk between 12 to 17kms a day and it’s still at a stand still. I’m pretty discouraged. I don’t know if I’m going to drop down the dose to 25mgs in August or just space the 50mgs injection out farther apart to six weeks in August and try that. I’m still not able to workout like I used to and get stabbing pains through my chest. I still feel pretty down and out and my conversation is lacking. I don’t feel through the night. Can’t nap. Can’t lose anymore weight. Don’t find tv shows interesting. Barley eat. All and all life is pretty shitty. I find myself sitting and pacing. And looking very sad mostly. Things aren’t very good.

Little update after spacing the 50mg injection out to five weeks apart I get my period back for two days a month and I have lost around 11 pounds I’m at a stand still at 125 pounds and hope the weight can keep coming off but it seems that I’m at a complete standstill. I want to lose at least ten more pounds. I walk between 12 to 17kms a day and it’s still at a stand still. I’m pretty discouraged. I don’t know if I’m going to drop down the dose to 25mgs in August or just space the 50mgs injection out farther apart to six weeks in August and try that. I’m still not able to workout like I used to and get stabbing pains through my chest. I still feel pretty down and out and my conversation is lacking. I don’t feel through the night. Can’t nap. Can’t lose anymore weight. Don’t find tv shows interesting. Barley eat. All and all life is pretty shitty. I find myself sitting and pacing. And looking very sad mostly. Things aren’t very good.
walking 12 to 17 kms a day is very impressive, how about trying some jogging? I feel you though, im not really able to talk these days either, if you can get off it you should. if your barely eating its suprising your not losing weight, but 125 pds is pretty low already, im a guy so idk how a girl at 125 pds looks but im assuming you look skinny.

Status
Not open for further replies.