Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello guys by chance someone here has recovered from risperidone? i underwent 3 injections in december, currently i still have sexual problems and a lot of lack of motivation, i want to say that in 2017 after 11 months of hell i was totally healed from invega

How many did you take? May I suggest an anti-depressants. I’ve been on Zoloft 3 days it takes two weeks to work fully but I already am down to 8 hours a night of sleep after the first night. I’ve noticed more appreciation of the little things just a little bit.
I suggest not taking antidepressants. If you do some research on antidepressants you will find recovery forums like this one where people are dealing with physical and mental issues after withdrawing from APs. How can we know that we have returned to our baseline if we change our baseline with another medication? How can we know if we are feeling anhedonia or what we may define as anhedonia from the Prozac or from the remnants of invega? There are tons of people out there who develop permanent sexual side effects from Prozac and Zoloft.
When I was on invega and experiencing anhedonia for the first time, my psych wanted to put me on ADs. I had learned from invega that my psych would not inform me of any side effects of meds, so I looked them up. She said that people should not look up side effects because it discourages them from taking the drug (haha). Anyway I still wanted to be good and follow doc's advice, so I decided to go for Wellbutrin since it was supposed to increase dopamine, which I knew was being inhibited. Naturally, since my neurons were blocked from receiving dopamine, all Wellbutrin did was dry out my mouth and make it so I didn't shit for a week. My psych said I needed to give it a month but I refused. I think that the placebo effect works both ways when it comes to ADs, personally.
I saw a medication commercial at the gym for Rexulti. Rexulti is an Antipsychotic. Antipsychotics block dopamine receptors, unequivocally. Rexulti was being advertised to people whose antidepressants weren't working well enough, to help them with their depression. It doesn't make any sense. I see it as a merry-go-round. Is your AP not making you happy? Try an AD. AD not working? Here is an AP. And when both of those in conjunction don't work, you are just shuffled back and forth between all the different "brands" with fancy names which are really just the same thing. That's my personal opinion of the psychiatric wringer that trusting people are put through, based on my experience. Of course, other people have different experiences than mine, and that's O.K.
Does anybody not do things because it feels bad to do things
I did that, I developed an aversion to showers because not did it only not feel good to shower anymore, it actually felt BAD to take a shower. I avoided all of the things that I had enjoyed the most so that I wouldn't think of how I used to feel about them.

Someone mentioned memory and it's sort of a funny thing. You know how you can have good childhood memories that your mind brings up from time to time, and you sort of dwell over them and rub them like a precious stone and then put them away again for later? I lost those on Invega. When I first got on it there was atime when my mind would shuffle through all of them and I would feel nothing. Then my mind started to bring up memories I hadn't thought of in years and years. Then my mind stopped bringing them up at all. Well, recently I think I'm starting to recall some of them. They're the type of thing I can't name off of the top of my head, and they're sort of weird peripheral memories, like the feeling of the damp cut grass in my parent's yard or something, but I'm starting to get that old pattern back. I've also started having good dreams recently, which has been very rare through all of this. 2 years and 2 months off.

There were some discussions of sexual side effects. It can be really really frightening to touch yourself and feel less than you would feel than if you touched your own arm. It can be frightening to try to look at images to arouse yourself and feel absolutely nothing and see nothing but a gross meaningless lump of flesh. That ALL goes away. Give it 1.5 years - 2 years ALMOST fully. I really have to say almost because after two years it is difficult to remember baseline.

Does anyone feel like physical appearance has been drastically affected after Invega ?
I have been struggling with hair fall/hair loss, acne, change in complexion and more.
When I look back to pre-Invega pictures and compare them to now, my facial features look so different and with the weight gain, I just look like a totally different person altogether.
You will get back to yourself in all ways.

Me, 3 months prior to Invega: https://ibb.co/ZMqPnkS
Me, this is either still on Invega or one month off: https://ibb.co/7nrHzLk https://ibb.co/KVyxhCm It's hard to look at
9 or 10 months off, I was still not feeling well or myself at this time, as you could probably tell from the outfit decisions: https://ibb.co/mJD8jKp
Around 1.5 years post Invega, feeling good, I could feel alcohol that summer. https://ibb.co/N1GYk3t
Last month, 2.25 years post invega almost. Feeling fully myself and recovered, no longer concerned about invega at all. (Also, 6 months pregnant.) https://ibb.co/sgRvn23

Note: I'm still struggling with warts that seemed to easily spread all over my face while on Invega. I struggled with acne as a teen and it did return badly on Invega, of course it didn't help that I struggled to wash my face.

You DO come back. It's hard to believe it when you have lost it all, but you do. Don't give up, and stay true to the self that you know you can still feel inside!

I suggest not taking antidepressants. If you do some research on antidepressants you will find recovery forums like this one where people are dealing with physical and mental issues after withdrawing from APs. How can we know that we have returned to our baseline if we change our baseline with another medication? How can we know if we are feeling anhedonia or what we may define as anhedonia from the Prozac or from the remnants of invega? There are tons of people out there who develop permanent sexual side effects from Prozac and Zoloft.
When I was on invega and experiencing anhedonia for the first time, my psych wanted to put me on ADs. I had learned from invega that my psych would not inform me of any side effects of meds, so I looked them up. She said that people should not look up side effects because it discourages them from taking the drug (haha). Anyway I still wanted to be good and follow doc's advice, so I decided to go for Wellbutrin since it was supposed to increase dopamine, which I knew was being inhibited. Naturally, since my neurons were blocked from receiving dopamine, all Wellbutrin did was dry out my mouth and make it so I didn't shit for a week. My psych said I needed to give it a month but I refused. I think that the placebo effect works both ways when it comes to ADs, personally.
I saw a medication commercial at the gym for Rexulti. Rexulti is an Antipsychotic. Antipsychotics block dopamine receptors, unequivocally. Rexulti was being advertised to people whose antidepressants weren't working well enough, to help them with their depression. It doesn't make any sense. I see it as a merry-go-round. Is your AP not making you happy? Try an AD. AD not working? Here is an AP. And when both of those in conjunction don't work, you are just shuffled back and forth between all the different "brands" with fancy names which are really just the same thing. That's my personal opinion of the psychiatric wringer that trusting people are put through, based on my experience. Of course, other people have different experiences than mine, and that's O.K.

I did that, I developed an aversion to showers because not did it only not feel good to shower anymore, it actually felt BAD to take a shower. I avoided all of the things that I had enjoyed the most so that I wouldn't think of how I used to feel about them.

Someone mentioned memory and it's sort of a funny thing. You know how you can have good childhood memories that your mind brings up from time to time, and you sort of dwell over them and rub them like a precious stone and then put them away again for later? I lost those on Invega. When I first got on it there was atime when my mind would shuffle through all of them and I would feel nothing. Then my mind started to bring up memories I hadn't thought of in years and years. Then my mind stopped bringing them up at all. Well, recently I think I'm starting to recall some of them. They're the type of thing I can't name off of the top of my head, and they're sort of weird peripheral memories, like the feeling of the damp cut grass in my parent's yard or something, but I'm starting to get that old pattern back. I've also started having good dreams recently, which has been very rare through all of this. 2 years and 2 months off.

There were some discussions of sexual side effects. It can be really really frightening to touch yourself and feel less than you would feel than if you touched your own arm. It can be frightening to try to look at images to arouse yourself and feel absolutely nothing and see nothing but a gross meaningless lump of flesh. That ALL goes away. Give it 1.5 years - 2 years ALMOST fully. I really have to say almost because after two years it is difficult to remember baseline.

Me, this is either still on Invega or one month off: https://ibb.co/7nrHzLk https://ibb.co/KVyxhCm It's hard to look at
9 or 10 months off, I was still not feeling well or myself at this time, as you could probably tell from the outfit decisions: https://ibb.co/mJD8jKp
Around 1.5 years post Invega, feeling good, I could feel alcohol that summer. https://ibb.co/N1GYk3t
Last month, 2.25 years post invega almost. Feeling fully myself and recovered, no longer concerned about invega at all. (Also, 6 months pregnant.) https://ibb.co/sgRvn23

Note: I'm still struggling with warts that seemed to easily spread all over my face while on Invega. I struggled with acne as a teen and it did return badly on Invega, of course it didn't help that I struggled to wash my face.

You DO come back. It's hard to believe it when you have lost it all, but you do. Don't give up, and stay true to the self that you know you can still feel inside!
Thanks for coming back to the forum and providing some really great advice!
I really appreciate you posting the pictures, it gives me hope that I will fully recover to my pre-Invega self.
Wish you the very best!

is your eyesight came back to normal ?

i just made a video exposing johnson and johnson for what they did to all of us and waking people up so they dont get the vaccine made from the evil company. we need to make sure they don’t put ANYONE else through what they put us through https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeurcecn/ they need to know what they took from us
This is much needed, word needs spread. Fed up of seeing people on tiktok trying to make psych drugs an aesthetic or something.

la tua vista è tornata alla normalità?
ho anche seri problemi di vista, l'ultima volta si sono risolti dopo 11 mesi, ho notato che tornare alla normalità avere un lavoro aiuta molto, prima delle iniezioni facevo la cuoca, ora faccio fatica anche a farmi mangiare, devi il circuito di lavoro d2 è l'unico modo, ho lasciato cadere le iniezioni all'improvviso e ho passato l'inferno per due mesi ora va un po 'meglio ma mi mancano ancora la motivazione e l'energia mi sforzo di fare lunghe passeggiate e prendo integratori come mucuna pruriens niacina e ashwaganda, ora il mio sonno è normale e non mi sveglio più con l'ansia ma la mia barba non cresce più come prima e ho ancora molti problemi di vista e sessuali, spero di riuscire a riprendermi come l'ultima volta, ho smesso di fumare mj per il momento, ripeto, trovare un lavoro aiuta molto

Thanks for coming back to the forum and providing some really great advice!
I really appreciate you posting the pictures, it gives me hope that I will fully recover to my pre-Invega self.
Wish you the very best!
This forum and the recovery stories of Koz and others are the only thing that gave me hope when I was recovering so i want to share my story too.
is your eyesight came back to normal ?
Yes. I had some blurred vision but not a lot of vision problems, but I'm 20/25 still
This is much needed, word needs spread. Fed up of seeing people on tiktok trying to make psych drugs an aesthetic or something.
It makes me wonder if the company is pay Tik Tok to promote it in their algorithms. Advertising is different nowadays, and if you reward young, attractive people with likes for promoting certain subjects, you get free promoters for only the cost of the algorithm booHim! I think it happens with political issues too. Hmm!

I’m sorry, that’s very unfortunate. But I’m in the same boat.
What side effects are you still struggling with?
I have no energy, no dopamine, anhedonia, can’t sleep. I feel the same way I did when I first got the shots. Hbu? Any recovery whatsoever?

just wanna remind you guys that im working, play video games competitively and relatively well, make music better than I ever have, and feel effects of nicotine and alcohol, and am no longer suicidal. try to get into spirituality as I think it may help but don’t if you think you could relapse. let me know if you have any questions, hopefully one day we could get on the news or something so johnson and johnson never ruin lives again. its disgusting how they use invega to control us, and people that got that new j&j vaccine have no idea. glad that things off the market. i’ve had the urge to try shrooms lately, but am not because i don’t wanna relapse to psycosis even though I think it was drug induced everytime.

Just a heads up when u start recovering be really careful who notices. My mom couldn’t stand that I was talking more. Hide it from toxic family members that don’t want you to recover. Also be really careful who u talk to. I got a bunch of messages from a guy hitting on me and I’m a 100 percent sure he is tearing down my recovery. So be careful who you trust. Keep quite and keep to yourself. A lot of people don’t want to see you recover.

I have no energy, no dopamine, anhedonia, can’t sleep. I feel the same way I did when I first got the shots. Hbu? Any recovery whatsoever?
I am still dealing with weight gain and hair fall, along with lack of motivation and sleep issues.
But I have recovered my emotions, acne, menstrual cycle, social skills and gotten rid of akathisia.
did you manage to lose the weight?

Fuck this page! Screw ducking people that have healed and come back and spread lies! If you healed why would you stop someone else! I hate my life

Status
Not open for further replies.