• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a few days I was like wow maybe this is beginning to be over. Then it stopped. I guess I feel better than I did before that is true. But is it because I have accepted this is how life is?
Yeah from the experiences I've read there's windows during the recovery process. Like you have moments where you feel fine and then you go back to feeling like crap. They might happen more frequently as you inch towards actual recovery but idk.

T
Yeah from the experiences I've read there's windows during the recovery process. Like you have moments where you feel fine and then you go back to feeling like crap. They might happen more frequently as you inch towards actual recovery but idk.
That helps because I was like finally making progress then it just stopped

What do you say to a psychiatrist to have them stop prescribing the drug? I feel like I've tried many angles here but she insists (all of them) that I need to be on it so my symptoms don't come back. It's total bullshit but they don't listen to facts. It's frustrating as all hell.

What do you say to a psychiatrist to have them stop prescribing the drug? I feel like I've tried many angles here but she insists (all of them) that I need to be on it so my symptoms don't come back. It's total bullshit but they don't listen to facts. It's frustrating as all hell.
I had to hire a private psychiatrist. Cost me about a grand by time I was done but he took me off of it. My insurance didn’t cover any of it but he was a god send. He totally agreed with me that invega was bull shit. In fact I have had several doctors agree with me that invega is a bull shit drug. They start to listen to u when they actually care.

Spent my stimulus money on Optivia today. That will cover 4 months of Optivia. I should lose 50 pounds by then. Just letting people know about it. I lost 20 pounds on my own. This program keeps u from getting bored with the food. It’s pricey but damn if I lost 50 pounds in four months damn I will be a happy women.

I had to hire a private psychiatrist. Cost me about a grand by time I was done but he took me off of it. My insurance didn’t cover any of it but he was a god send. He totally agreed with me that invega was bull shit. In fact I have had several doctors agree with me that invega is a bull shit drug. They start to listen to u when they actually care.
I've seen multiple psychiatrists (not my choice) and they all prescribe to keep their company afloat, or so it seems.

I've seen multiple psychiatrists (not my choice) and they all prescribe to keep their company afloat, or so it seems.
The ones at my local cmh are the worst. They want everyone on the injections. Push hard for it. Not sure why but that’s what they want

I think you can do it. I know I’m looking forward to it one day. @Bigsmoke420
How do you feel when you smoke weed, do you get that couch lock effect or euphoria, I can still can get really high and I’ve been smoking for 5+ years daily and I’m a grower. How do you feel when you smoke these days?

I get too high enough. I vape flower mostly and it’s good to me. Cannabis helped me find my inner thought again.

guys i was forced to take the shot after a trip to the hospital, my mom forced me to take another one, so ive had to so far. my last injection was about 13 days ago. im moving regions so i can get away from the mental health act under which they force me to take medications, so i won't have to take anymore, i really wish i didnt let my mom force me into getting the second one even when i knew i could move and escape the court order, i regret it as it will be harmful for my recovery progress.

anyways the symptoms im experiencing now are maximum 5-6 hours of sleep per night, if even, maybe less, i can only sleep during the daytime, i fall asleep at 4-8pm and wake up at 12pm and absolutely can not fall asleep again no matter how hard i try. i wake up every 2-3 hours of sleep, multiple times a night. i cannot take naps. i have twitches which i developed after the shot. ocd type. sexual dysfucntion, boners are not as strong and dont come as easily. erections dont get maximum blood flow, feel like penis size has shrunk. overall anhedonia, lack of pleasure, lack of euphoria. i cant feel a buzz from nicotine, i tried cigarettes and they did nothing, absolutely nothing. im guessing its gonna be the same for booze and whatever else.

i have more issues which i haven't listed but i'll get to it. my most distressing symptom is the sleep part, it affects my mood and my psyche greatly i just wanna be able to sleep properly and nap. i've heard this symptom doesn't go away for a long time. does anyone have experiences with this? have u recovered from the sleep symptoms? how long does it take? please let me know as it is very important to me.

how long will it take until i can feel cigarettes again? and booze? i dont smoke weed but im guessing thats a no go too. is the damage to the receptors permanent. does invega do any sort of permanent damage at all or is it all recoverable? i havent been able to rest easy for a month now since i got the shot, longer than a month now, i have anxiety and depression all day long and can't be happy. ive been in distress since i got the shot. my life is ruined, invega ruined my life, i think about it everyday, i cant sleep, i can be happy. all i think about is the shot. i was perfectly happy and normal before the shot, my symptoms were under control. i had no side effects from the oral mediaction. then i was hospitalized for an issue unrelated to schizophrenia and they took that opportunity to section me and keep me there for 2 weeks and told me i cant leave unless i take the injection, i told the doctor i didn't want it and he came back and said its a discharge condition now. i truly feel like they ruined my life

on another note, they are forcing me to take the shots under court order now but if i leave the province then the act that makes me have to take the injections no longer applies to me anymore so im leaving the province in a week. after i leave and escape the injection, im gonna find a lawyer and try to sue the doctors who made me take this drug even though my symptoms were under control with my previous medication and i had no relapse, and was hospitalized unrelated to schizophrenia. they had to just cause to give me this injection whatsoever. i truly feel like they ruined my life. would a lawyer be able to help me? can i sue?

im just now starting my recovery journey and am still under the effects from my last shot, so i will stick around this thread for a long long time, throughout my recovery journey, ill be active here, this is my first post and its a new thread how coincidental. anyways i would be very very happy if you guys could answer my questions, ive been under alot of stress this past month and am lost and feeling hopeless. is there a way out?
Depending on which injection you took, depends on how long it will stay into your body. Me personally have took the injection 5 time and quit due to the shakiness and sick feeling the first 4 days after the shot. I'm assuming you got the 1-3 month shot due to symptoms still occurring. But I am not sure. I would not recommend to get any more shots due to the negative side effects. I don't know what doctor is prescribing the shot, but obviously he shouldn't be a psychiatrist, due to his inconsideration of your personal wellbeing.

A
Depending on which injection you took, depends on how long it will stay into your body. Me personally have took the injection 5 time and quit due to the shakiness and sick feeling the first 4 days after the shot. I'm assuming you got the 1-3 month shot due to symptoms still occurring. But I am not sure. I would not recommend to get any more shots due to the negative side effects. I don't know what doctor is prescribing the shot, but obviously he shouldn't be a psychiatrist, due to his inconsideration of your personal wellbeing.
Are you still Feeling Negative Side Effects, and if so what are you experiencing?

A

Are you still Feeling Negative Side Effects, and if so what are you experiencing?
No, sorry I wish I could tell you but I took the injection a few years ago, and also I only experienced negative side effects the initial first 4 days after the injection. But after the 4 days I then felt normal, I got put on the drug for psychosis. The could not diagnose me with a mental illness until I was 1 year sober from all drugs. But it ended up to be drug induced psychosis.

Spent my stimulus money on Optivia today. That will cover 4 months of Optivia. I should lose 50 pounds by then. Just letting people know about it. I lost 20 pounds on my own. This program keeps u from getting bored with the food. It’s pricey but damn if I lost 50 pounds in four months damn I will be a happy women.
I was on Optavia for 2 months. Spent a lot of money on the diet. I lost about 10 pounds in 2 months, but I highly doubt if it was optavia. Cause I kept losing the same amount naturally even after I stopped the diet.

I was on Optavia for 2 months. Spent a lot of money on the diet. I lost about 10 pounds in 2 months, but I highly doubt if it was optavia. Cause I kept losing the same amount naturally even after I stopped the diet.
Are You Still Having Side Effects From Invega?

A balanced diet and calorie deficit helped me lose weight. I would have a fair amount of protein, always low glycemic carbs (no gluten, lentils, oatmeal, popcorn, etc) and a small amount of healthy fat like olive oil Or avacados or eggs. I started at 265 in January and now I’m at 220. Also I go on walks everyday, started off with small walks and now have worked my way up to 3-4 mile walks 6 days a week. Exercise is important and make sure it’s a type of exercise you genuinely enjoy. Lmk if you need any suggestions or wanna hear more about my experience with weight loss Post invega.

A balanced diet and calorie deficit helped me lose weight. I would have a fair amount of protein, always low glycemic carbs (no gluten, lentils, oatmeal, popcorn, etc) and a small amount of healthy fat like olive oil Or avacados or eggs. I started at 265 in January and now I’m at 220. Also I go on walks everyday, started off with small walks and now have worked my way up to 3-4 mile walks 6 days a week. Exercise is important and make sure it’s a type of exercise you genuinely enjoy. Lmk if you need any suggestions or wanna hear more about my experience with weight loss Post invega.
How are you feeling today post invega

Status
Not open for further replies.