Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the monthly injection, not Trinza.
I think they give Trinza to those who will transition to Ablify eventually.

also, i read online somewhere (i can't find the link at the moment) but there is a newer version of Invega where you take it every 12 months!!!!

This is so strange. The injection is supposed to last one month, hence the need for monthly re-injections. How can this feature of permanently blocking stimulants presist? I am 5 months on and still no effect from stimulants.
It really makes you wonder why they schedule it that way when it's not necessary. I had a job until I went mad and lost it. Since I had no job after the short time I was mad, the state paid to have me on invega. $1000 every month directly from the state to the drug developer. That's enough to pay my mortgage every month! Why on earth would they ever want you off of the drug?

Last winter I did a legal internship. The word is that in jail, inmates request seroquel so that they can sleep through their time. Invega has been marketed as the best antipsychotic for stopping relapse --- some statistic that those who were injected go months longer than those who were injected with other psychotics before returning to jail --- so they are using the fact that it stays in the system as a selling point. Forget relapse, what hope is there for rehabilitation for released prisoners who will be forced to suffer the debilitating effects of this drug countless months after they stop taking it? I would get a sick feeling everytime I saw that med cart roll by on jail visits. Society should pay attention the the lasting harm of invega and ensure that neuroleptics do not become a tool used en masse to control populations, be it prison populations or otherwise.

Organic psychosis, and mania, tends to take a progressive toll on the brain unless it's halted.
Sounds like pseudoscience. Though there is solid scientific evidence that antipsychotics dampen brain function, that's how they "work" and cause brain shrinkage.

I feel like I have chronic fatigue syndrome. Just tried ordering herbal mushroom supplements and ginseng for energy.

Continuing to update, I have found a doctor who is earnest in removing me from the protocol.
Meaning, and these are quotes, that there will not be a next injection! I've had the loading doses, +1.

Even though modafinil (Provigil) does not do anything, it can keep me up if dosed too late in the day. Essentially useless.
I really await the day in which speed, or coffee begins to work again. I seriously hope it's not going to be 5+ months out!

I'll likely be transitioning to Abilify, and insisting to be put on the orals. Help for compliance for a state ordered treatment.
Misdiagnosed 6+ years ago; haven't had an issue living my own life, and had a case reopened. Rubberstamped diagnosis.

Glad to see this place is bubbling, and I will likely stick around a bit to get to know some of you.

Invega blows. Glad it exists, and I hope it helps people; but it's just not the perfect fit for me.
Hoping this recovery period happens with good grace, and I learn all the lessons I need to learn.

Blessings to you all on this new year!

I hate my dad. He constantly calls me lazy and bitches at me for not being more active. Like you dumb mother fucker u wanted me on invega this is all because of you. I try to tell my parents this is because of invega and they don't believe me.

I hate my dad. He constantly calls me lazy and bitches at me for not being more active. Like you dumb mother fucker u wanted me on invega this is all because of you. I try to tell my parents this is because of invega and they don't believe me.
How long have you been off? How are you feeling? Symptoms?

Do you guys think schizophrenia comes with anger issues? I can imagine that most people here are pretty heated persons from the inside, means they have alot of anger issues. I had anger issues myself to the fullest.
I went outside just to fight random people on the street :(

Open question for anyone to respond: what do you miss most about life pre-invega?
I am slowly feeling like "myself", whatever that means. And i can tell i have alot more fun by walking and playing video games. But the appetite is what has been missed for so long period of time. On most days i still have no appetite but sometimes yes. It remembers me of being a kid again.

Omg this is the worst thing I've ever gone through by so so far. I've been cheated on multiple times, left for coworkers, I've been so heartbroken that I thought I was going to die from it. That is nothing compared to this debilitating feeling. I went through around 2 months of psychosis and was on 4 mg of risperidone and the 2 loading doses for invega. I've been off invega for about 5 months now and risperidone for about 2. I seemed to have taken on this fear of the world as though I'm not going to be able to take on all the responsibilities that come along with life. I feel like I never understood the world at all. I was always a hard worker and motivated to make money. Always helped clean or helped people when they asked for it. Now I feel like I can't even think of what to do... at all. Like my mind is empty. I'm so scared and I can't even show it. I'm lost with everything. I have no view of my future at all. No internal monologue. No sense of direction in life. I can't feel anything good. Can't get distracted by anything. I never have anything to add to conversation. I wake up in misery. I've never really had any other mental problems except for anxiety when driving in bad conditions, or bills. Slight depression from heart break. This experience has made me, an atheist pray to a God for help. I know there's other people that have posted these things. I've read through all the pages of all 4 threads but I just had to post my plea for help. I'm so scared and I'm afraid this will last forever. I need some hope. I'm struggling very badly like everyone else. I forgot what it's like to enjoy anything.

Omg this is the worst thing I've ever gone through by so so far. I've been cheated on multiple times, left for coworkers, I've been so heartbroken that I thought I was going to die from it. That is nothing compared to this debilitating feeling. I went through around 2 months of psychosis and was on 4 mg of risperidone and the 2 loading doses for invega. I've been off invega for about 5 months now and risperidone for about 2. I seemed to have taken on this fear of the world as though I'm not going to be able to take on all the responsibilities that come along with life. I feel like I never understood the world at all. I was always a hard worker and motivated to make money. Always helped clean or helped people when they asked for it. Now I feel like I can't even think of what to do... at all. Like my mind is empty. I'm so scared and I can't even show it. I'm lost with everything. I have no view of my future at all. No internal monologue. No sense of direction in life. I can't feel anything good. Can't get distracted by anything. I never have anything to add to conversation. I wake up in misery. I've never really had any other mental problems except for anxiety when driving in bad conditions, or bills. Slight depression from heart break. This experience has made me, an atheist pray to a God for help. I know there's other people that have posted these things. I've read through all the pages of all 4 threads but I just had to post my plea for help. I'm so scared and I'm afraid this will last forever. I need some hope. I'm struggling very badly like everyone else. I forgot what it's like to enjoy anything.

I slept 12+ hours at month 5 every day. And i went walking. When i remember i had problems and i still have problems. That's the way of life. Life isn't always that easy.
Did you know that there are also other threads here besides this one? v1 v2 v3 and this is obviously v4.
You are in the middle of the process. You will get better don't worry. We all share the same issues with this horrible drug. And besides us who have taken this drug it is not understandable for other people how we feel.
I am almost 7 months off and i feel different every day. I am not as motivated as before but i see improvements in anhedonia. My anhedonia went from 100% to 30% i would say
I would say i always suffered from anhedonia a little bit though. Felt no sense in life for more than a decade.

Last edited by a moderator:
I slept 12+ hours at month 5 every day. And i went walking. When i remember i had problems and i still have problems. That's the way of life. Life isn't always that easy.
Did you know that there are also other threads here besides this one? v1 v2 v3 and this is obviously v4.
You are in the middle of the process. You will get better don't worry. We all share the same issues with this horrible drug. And besides us who have taken this drug it is not understandable for other people how we feel.
I am almost 7 months off and i feel different every day. I am not as motivated as before but i see improvements in anhedonia. My anhedonia went from 100% to 30% i would say
I would say i always suffered from anhedonia a little bit though. Felt no sense in life for more than a decade.
Thank you for the response. I've read through all 4 versions of the thread. It's kinda all i do lol. I think the scared feeling comes from no one being able to understand how bad it is. I'm thinking about things that I've never done on my own and feel as though I'll never be able to figure them out. Such as registering a car or finding my own place to live, managing my finances. Everything was always so simple for me to figure out and now i feel as though everything is a struggle and not worth doing. I'm honestly so afraid of being homeless, and friendless. It's as though any connection to anyone I've ever known is gone or smothered. I feel like I'd rather be homeless than feel this way, but I'm not sure. I forgot what it's like to feel normal. Everything is so hard to figure out. I've only been able to reach out for help on forums and reddit for maybe a month or 2. Before that i couldn't even find the energy to make a post online. This is so scary. If i ever get through this I'll be back to write a recovery story. That's for sure. This thread needs more hope. I hope you keep feeling better and I'm very grateful for your response. I think one of my biggest fears is that this is just how i am now and that somehow I'm worse than other people on here which I really don't think is true. It's just so damnnn scary. I hate it so much. I'll be so grateful to have my thoughts and emotions back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I just wanted to share my story. So I ended up committing a crime during my psychosis and was incarcerated for 2 months before and hospitalized for 2 weeks. I came back home with major post psychotic depression due to the meds and the trauma of the incident and I started researching the med I was on trying to figure out the way I was feeling. I started to realize that invega was taking away my emotions, my motor skills, my ability to critical think, my sexual energy my personality etc. I finally convinced my doctor to switch me to Abilify after 6 sustenna shots and 1 Trinza. It’s been around 11 months since I was put on invega and still feel the same way. I can’t go off the drugs yet because I have a court order over me but I have faith in the system that they’ll eventually bring me to the lowest dose possible that I need without having symptoms. At the same time I am infuriated that I have to go through this and think about suicide almost daily due to the invega depression. I’m a very positive person to talk to and believe that recovery is 100% possible and that anyone going through this should just look at it like a blip in the road and a way to appreciate life even more when you get the chance to get it back. My number is 19022339537 if anyone wants to call or text ( I have what’sapp too) I’m good at providing support and sharing my experience with anyone going through this.

it's official, i gained 68 pounds due to invega shots. this is not healthy.

It really makes you wonder why they schedule it that way when it's not necessary. I had a job until I went mad and lost it. Since I had no job after the short time I was mad, the state paid to have me on invega. $1000 every month directly from the state to the drug developer. That's enough to pay my mortgage every month! Why on earth would they ever want you off of the drug?

Last winter I did a legal internship. The word is that in jail, inmates request seroquel so that they can sleep through their time. Invega has been marketed as the best antipsychotic for stopping relapse --- some statistic that those who were injected go months longer than those who were injected with other psychotics before returning to jail --- so they are using the fact that it stays in the system as a selling point. Forget relapse, what hope is there for rehabilitation for released prisoners who will be forced to suffer the debilitating effects of this drug countless months after they stop taking it? I would get a sick feeling everytime I saw that med cart roll by on jail visits. Society should pay attention the the lasting harm of invega and ensure that neuroleptics do not become a tool used en masse to control populations, be it prison populations or otherwise.
Katrina, since you’ve been off the drug for a while, have you noticed any weight loss? Also have your periods returned to normal?

I would like to hear the symptoms of other people listed out. I'm looking for the best way of describing this feeling and I can never seem to describe it. I have such a hard time getting anyone to understand how indescribably bad this is. Here's my best description of symptoms at 5 months out: no internal monologue, feeling completely lost, no emotional connection to family or memories, knowing who I used to be but feeling like my soul and personality is buried, feeling scared of life, inability to make decisions, no reason to get out of bed in the morning, scared ill be this way forever, feel like I'm existing but not alive, never have anything to say or add to conversation, obsessed with feeling better. That sound about right?

Status
Not open for further replies.