• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What drugs are you taking now? I'm not sure, but some drugs may cause interaction with Invega which would slow down its metabolism. I decided not to take any drugs ever again, but I've seen some people here taking bupropion saying it has helped them. Take care of your diet, I think that's the most important thing right now. And don't worry about being somewhat disabled, I'm 6 months off Abilify and I'm filling for disability too, I'd like to get money from the government at least for a year or two until I'm recovered and feel better.
I just got out of the hospital for paranoia/ catatonia 2 weeks ago so there’s a lot of pressure on me to take meds from my family/doc. I’m currently on clozapine 50 mg lithium 600 mg. If I was productive, motivated,sociable etc..I would cold turkey all of it and move out. Btw I’m watching a very interesting/ inspiring series on Gaia called rewired. it’s all about the brain’s intricacy and true powers...check it out

How do I lose weight after Invega? I had 2 injections (234mg and 156mg) in June and it’s been 3 months since I’ve been off them.
I gained 22 pounds and continue to gain weight for some reason. I’m female, and my menstrual cycle have stopped as well.
Is there any advice on how to lose the 22 pounds and how to balance my hormones?

How do I lose weight after Invega? I had 2 injections (234mg and 156mg) in June and it’s been 3 months since I’ve been off them.
I gained 22 pounds and continue to gain weight for some reason. I’m female, and my menstrual cycle have stopped as well.
Is there any advice on how to lose the 22 pounds and how to balance my hormones?
Hey yeah the weight gain really sucks i have been off for 1 and a half months and so far i have lost 10 pounds by intermittent fasting and running half a mile 3 times a week. Also my period has not come back but i have read on here that one girl got hers back after 4 months and another at 5 months

Hey yeah the weight gain really sucks i have been off for 1 and a half months and so far i have lost 10 pounds by intermittent fasting and running half a mile 3 times a week. Also my period has not come back but i have read on here that one girl got hers back after 4 months and another at 5 months
I have gained 10 pounds since I stopped Invega. I workout 5 times a week, do HIIT and walk 3 miles everyday. I also watch my diet but I’m still gaining weight. I was at 126 when I stopped the drug and I’m at 138 now. I’m so miserable and sick. I’m not sure why I’m gaining instead of losing

I have gained 10 pounds since I stopped Invega. I workout 5 times a week, do HIIT and walk 3 miles everyday. I also watch my diet but I’m still gaining weight. I was at 126 when I stopped the drug and I’m at 138 now. I’m so miserable and sick. I’m not sure why I’m gaining instead of losing
The injection could still be active in your system. You might have to wait for it to leave your body to see results. Try drinking 100 ounces of water every day

Anyone got this feeling that their mind is empty?
Also I feel cognitvely worse than when I was on it. Sometimes ive feel like i suffer from a neurodegenerative disease? My mind is so empty I hear my breathing only. For me it trigger ocd like symtoms.

Also no words coming out of my head. No recall of words (aphasia), memory loss (empty head).

Hope its going away
Sorry if in case my English is shit

Also I feel cognitvely worse than when I was on it. Sometimes ive feel like i suffer from a neurodegenerative disease? My mind is so empty I hear my breathing only. For me it trigger ocd like symtoms.

Also no words coming out of my head. No recall of words (aphasia), memory loss (empty head).

Hope its going away
Nah man I’ve been off for almost 5 months and I feel a lot better. Still not fully recovered but I’m making progress everyday. How long have you been off?

Nah man I’ve been off for almost 5 months and I feel a lot better. Still not fully recovered but I’m making progress everyday. How long have you been off?
3 months. Still feel shit.
Gonna wait. Idk still trouble concentrating and stuff. Planning,organsing,cognitively,long term thinking,etc + some other side effects
But gonna be better im sure off.
I see hope in the future.

Hope its going away
I have huge cognition problems, too. It is somewhat a neurodegenerative disease, probably drug-induced parkinsonism. At first I too thought it's aphasia, but I think it's rather hypokinetic dysarthria + this drug-induced stupor. If we had aphasia, we'd be able to think about what we want to say, but we'd be unable to put it in words. Instead, we're just really stupid (no offense), so we don't really know what to say and we don't even know how to say this, because our speech is not that automatic anymore. Dopamine and acetylcholine is crucial for cognition, without this we experience these Parkinson's symptoms. We have to wait.

I have huge cognition problems, too. It is somewhat a neurodegenerative disease, probably drug-induced parkinsonism. At first I too thought it's aphasia, but I think it's rather hypokinetic dysarthria + this drug-induced stupor. If we had aphasia, we'd be able to think about what we want to say, but we'd be unable to put it in words. Instead, we're just really stupid (no offense), so we don't really know what to say and we don't even know how to say this, because our speech is not that automatic anymore. Dopamine and acetylcholine is crucial for cognition, without this we experience these Parkinson's symptoms. We have to wait.
Thx bro. Now I know what im suffering from. It also unables me ride a car basically,to study,etc even conversating doesnt work. Impossible.

Dont know how I'll play soccer.
Your description exaclty describes the situation where im in.

'We have to wait' so its basically reversible? It should go away with time? Not permanent

Know I understand why im.more 'psychopathic',more 'narcisstic' actually. Im unable to think long term and have difficult thinking logically so yeah i act impulsevly and can be quite agiteded due the fact I cant express myself. Express my intelligence,or worse feeling ive lost it.

Srsly though I really hope it goes away. Its been an immense suffering. No one can relate to you even worse when youre dopamine rceptorss are fucked. You dont have the novelty of life anymore. I really hope it goes away

How long do you have it? Cant wait it goes away

Thx bro. Now I know what im suffering from. It also unables me ride a car basically,to study,etc even conversating doesnt work. Impossible.

Dont know how I'll play soccer.
Your description exaclty describes the situation where im in.

'We have to wait' so its basically reversible? It should go away with time? Not permanent

Know I understand why im.more 'psychopathic',more 'narcisstic' actually. Im unable to think long term and have difficult thinking logically so yeah i act impulsevly and can be quite agiteded due the fact I cant express myself. Express my intelligence,or worse feeling ive lost it.

Srsly though I really hope it goes away. Its been an immense suffering. No one can relate to you even worse when youre dopamine rceptorss are fucked. You dont have the novelty of life anymore. I really hope it goes away

How long do you have it? Cant wait it goes away
I'm not that familiar with what actually happens to our brains during recovery, but the way I see this is that these AP drugs are irreversible antagonists, so they block receptors permanently, but once the drug is out of your system, your body starts to produce new receptors, so the old ones don't get fixed, we get new receptors instead. How long it takes to recover I'm not really sure. For some reason some people recover after 5, 6 months, I don't know how it's possible, but they do. For most of us though, it takes 12-24 months, about 1.5 year on average. So yeah, nothing here is permanent really, but the drug stays in your system for a lot of time, enough though it's a monthly shot, I guess it's mostly out of our systems after a year, then the process of recovery, but I might be wrong.

I'm 6 months off, I've had one 400mg Abilify injection.

Hope its going away
Empty mind is what drives me crazy...aphasia too. I try to read in order to keep new sets of words in my working memory

it's been 5 months and I still experience extreme cognitive difficulty, I feel my brain burn if I think too much, it feels like dementia, maybe I am an extreme case and I don't want to discourage others, just sharing that you are not alone, nearly every second of the day I miss my old brain with its creativity and imagination and artistry, brilliance, sensitivity, passion, intuition, drive... I don't know how to live without those things, my soul is trapped / buried, it's like the 'self' part of my brain is gone, I am 30 and cannot bear to live this way for 50 years :cry:

[
I'm not that familiar with what actually happens to our brains during recovery, but the way I see this is that these AP drugs are irreversible antagonists, so they block receptors permanently, but once the drug is out of your system, your body starts to produce new receptors, so the old ones don't get fixed, we get new receptors instead. How long it takes to recover I'm not really sure. For some reason some people recover after 5, 6 months, I don't know how it's possible, but they do. For most of us though, it takes 12-24 months, about 1.5 year on average. So yeah, nothing here is permanent really, but the drug stays in your system for a lot of time, enough though it's a monthly shot, I guess it's mostly out of our systems after a year, then the process of recovery, but I might be wrong.

I'm 6 months off, I've had one 400mg Abilify injection.
Have you noticed some improvements?
Anyone also feel like they cant defend themselves. You need dopamine to counterdefence yourself against arguments,criticism. Combined with lowered iq,cognitive impairment and parkinsonism its just impossible. I cant even self evaluate myself anymore. Im still self aware but my cognition is so much worse.
Positive thinking is what gets me through

it's been 5 months and I still experience extreme cognitive difficulty, I feel my brain burn if I think too much, it feels like dementia, maybe I am an extreme case and I don't want to discourage others, just sharing that you are not alone, nearly every second of the day I miss my old brain with its creativity and imagination and artistry, brilliance, sensitivity, passion, intuition, drive... I don't know how to live without those things, my soul is trapped / buried, it's like the 'self' part of my brain is gone, I am 30 and cannot bear to live this way for 50 years :cry:
Are u off them?

so my comittment hearing is in exactly a week. my act team wants to extend my comittment 'cause i said i might not take meds after my comittment is over. so there's that to fight. i'm just gonna tell 'em that "i'm interested in the healing properties my doctor told me about and i'm worried about my brain being damaged from my diagnosis, so i'll continue to take it." hope it works. if all goes to plan then i'll be off APs completely Sep 1st. but i'm curious. what will my new doctor do if i don't show up for meds? i'm assuming nothing. do you guys know?
Hey bro how did your comittment go?

Are u off them?
yes, I had two high dose shots, 234 mg on March 31 and 156 mg on April 6. Tomorrow is 5 months since the last one

I agree about not being able to defend oneself, or even express how it feels. it's so unfair and unnatural and unholy

Status
Not open for further replies.