Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.what now I spend my life in bed and live.like.this. What kind of bullshit is this I'm done with this group you all are depressing. How can I still feel the effects of a drug six months later that's impossible
Of course we are depressing to you because we are feeling like shit everyday. I am depressed and I am angry and I am sad. I’m 6 months off invega and I’m still bedridden. My life is over over over. You say you’re done with this group well that’s okay but we are here to give hope to each other. I know you are suffering and I am to every single waking moment. Honestly you have to be strong. I want to end it everyday but I can’t go threw with it. I’m praying to God and maybe he will listen to me soon. Good luck. Remember everyone in this thread is suffering try to stay calm. It’s living hell

Just a week ago, maybe a little more than that, I was thinking that there's not many people going through the same hell I do, because I was searching Google typing "how long does Abilify Maintena stay in your system" and such, and couldn't find many examples. Turns out there's a lot of people like me, just on a different drug. On the one hand it makes me happy that I'm not alone with this, on the other it's sad that all of you have to suffer so much. Now, 4 months after my injection, I'm looking constantly for dopamine rush. I listen to music, I am looking for tracks that give me pleasure, yesterday I took a train to the city 100 km away from mine only because I love travelling, though wasn't having fun as much as I used to before this drug.. I've never been a smoker, but I'm just wondering, maybe I should start smoking? At least for those months that I'm stuck with the drug. And drinking coffe, I consider. By the way, what are you doing, having this poison into your system, are you unemployed, staying home all the time? In my case, I'm so disabled right now that I couldn't go to job, though I have to go to school in September.

I'm sorry for a post below my own post, but I just had a a cup of coffe from two teaspoons and got akathisia, like wtf. Why is this, is this supposed to be like that? Is it because coffe gave me an increase in dopamine levels which resulted in an imbalance in the extrapyramidal system? Or is it just the way coffe works? I was thinking it would rather make me more focused, but I can't sit still.

To the room:
Everyday you wake up hoping for a change hoping to be able to feel something different in your mind and body. If nothing has changed that doesn’t mean anything hasn’t happen. The process is so slow that of course you can’t tell the healing is happening but guess what the healing is happening every single day as the poison releases. The poison do release 2 to 4 mg a day I do believe. So if the voice in your head is telling you that you will never heal remember that’s bull shit. I have that same damn voice in my head everyday all damn day long but that voice is invega. That voice is so powerful, that it leads us into dark depression and extreme anxiety that we start believing we are going to die before we heal. Please listen to my voice telling you that you will heal you will not die you will survive and you will LIVE. You need to know it is a battle that you can and will win. I learned that no one can fight this battle for you only you can. Yes I know you feel like you’re not strong enough to fight and I feel like that daily to but you have to listen to my voice not invega and you have a voice to it’s just not loud enough. Fight, fight, and fight every damn day and just know that everyday will be just as hard as the day before so please believe in recovery so you can LIVE again!!!!! Right now I’m typing this I feel like shit, but I want to give you words of encouragement because I need it to. I’m going to keep fighting and I’m pretty damn sure that invega voice is still going to mess with me every single day. I’m no better than you. I’m sorry this shit is happening. Everyday I wish I could go back in time and correct this but I can’t. I can not accept this being life, so I want to keep hope alive for everyone in this forum. Listen Don’t Let Invega win. I promise you it will get better. The first 4 months was absolutely HELL and I swear I thought I was dying everyday. If you can make it threw the first 4 months without killing yourself then I know for damn sure you can make it to recovery. I still don’t know how I made it to 6 months but I sure damn did damn it and I’m proud of it and you should be to. I’m nowhere healed yet but I will fight every single day until I see my day of recovery. I know I will still have extreme depression days and anxiety days and hopeless days ahead of me, but if we can make it to the turning point which that’s where we can see healing happening then we can just wait the rest of the time out, but right now I don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel but I have seen improvements but not enough to say I’m at the turning point. So I know I have along way to go. Remember God loves you and God has not forgotten you. Pray to God always and I promise when the time is right God will answer you. God knows you are a fighter and God knows you will win and I know God will let you see the world better when you heal. You will be a stronger version of your pre invega self. You will appreciate life. You will be all that you can be. You will be rewarded if you continue this fight and heal. Good luck on this journey to everyone. I just hope everyone reads this post because when I’m down in dark depression I need post like this to help me keep fighting. GODSPEED ❤❤❤
I don't think the bolded is true. Generally speaking, when recovering from Invega Sustenna, the amount of the drug being expelled from your body should decrease over time in most cases, although there are factors that can change this. One of the reasons this drug can take so long to recover from is because of its long half-life.

The amount of the drug being expelled from your body now is probably significantly less than the amount that was being expelled from your body during the first couple of weeks after you received your last shot. If you received one shot, I think there's probably a small amount of the drug in your system now, but even that small amount can mess you up. This drug is powerful.

So.what now I spend my life in bed and live.like.this. What kind of bullshit is this I'm done with this group you all are depressing. How can I still feel the effects of a drug six months later that's impossible

well that's how it is. some people recover in like a 1-5 months but the majority is 6+ months. and who cares if they're depressing? they're depressed, haha. it's a human emotion. why reject it? no one is coming at you for being stupid for the time being (pretty sure it was you complaining about IQ loss). you suffer your way, they suffer their way. why put one down?

Last edited:
Just a week ago, maybe a little more than that, I was thinking that there's not many people going through the same hell I do, because I was searching Google typing "how long does Abilify Maintena stay in your system" and such, and couldn't find many examples. Turns out there's a lot of people like me, just on a different drug. On the one hand it makes me happy that I'm not alone with this, on the other it's sad that all of you have to suffer so much. Now, 4 months after my injection, I'm looking constantly for dopamine rush. I listen to music, I am looking for tracks that give me pleasure, yesterday I took a train to the city 100 km away from mine only because I love travelling, though wasn't having fun as much as I used to before this drug.. I've never been a smoker, but I'm just wondering, maybe I should start smoking? At least for those months that I'm stuck with the drug. And drinking coffe, I consider. By the way, what are you doing, having this poison into your system, are you unemployed, staying home all the time? In my case, I'm so disabled right now that I couldn't go to job, though I have to go to school in September.

well i'm a smoker and i can tell you i can't get a buzz or get that rush. with pot i get a small buzz every couple of days (i'd have to stop for a couple of days to feel anything again) but lately i've been feeling slight effects from pot after a few days rather than a couple, and with this hash pen i'm still feeling alittle and yesterday (the first day i got it) i got like 10% of the effects. but that's with invega. i know it's like that with invega and haldol forsure. i don't know about abilify. caffeine doesn't give me that boost either. it's just bean water at this point but i still drink it heavily.

well that's how it is. some people recover in like a 1-5 months but the majority is 6+ months. and who cares if they're depressing? they're depressed, haha. it's a human emotion. why reject it? no one is coming at you for being stupid for the time being (pretty sure it was you complaining about IQ loss). you suffer your way, they suffer their way. why put one
Watch it even with it messing with my IQ I still have a bachelors degree and I'm smart don't u ever call me stupid while I hide behind your computer screen.

I was hesitant to say for sure that the weight loss has been quick because, to an extent, I don't have a good idea of what's quick weight loss and what's not, but you're probably right.

I still don't feel normal unfortunately, definitely not 100%. I've noticed some improvements though. I'm sleeping less than I used to, which is a good thing because I was sleeping more when there was more Invega in my system. Invega also used to cause my vision to get blurry sometimes, which appears to have stopped. I think Invega induced weight gain may have slowed down, if it hasn't stopped completely. I'm not sure about that though.

I'm not sure how much longer it's going to take for me to recover, but I am grateful for the improvements I've had because I think they're signs that the drug is leaving my system and my body is returning to normal.

well that's good. it definetly is a sign that it's leaving. i was so happy when i stopped waking up throughout the night. my sleep came back 39 days in. i don't know if that's my half life or not because i did get good sleep 16 days after my last injection and then 14 days after that so idk if my half life is 39 days or roughly 2 weeks. but 39 isnmore believable. what are the side effects you have left?

I don't think the bolded is true. Generally speaking, when recovering from Invega Sustenna, the amount of the drug being expelled from your body should decrease over time in most cases, although there are factors that can change this. One of the reasons this drug can take so long to recover from is because of its long half-life.

The amount of the drug being expelled from your body now is probably significantly less than the amount that was being expelled from your body during the first couple of weeks after you received your last shot. If you received one shot, I think there's probably a small amount of the drug in your system now, but even that small amount can mess you up. This drug is powerful.
So how much invega do you think is released each day? I’m hoping 2 to 4 mg then I know the drug is gone and I’m waiting for my receptors to work again. This is horrific and I’m sooooo tired.

That's not a nice way to talk to anyone
Yes it wasn’t nice for him to call you stupid, but think about your post you sent to Invega sufferers. You called us depressing. Well that wasn’t nice either. Remember this is a life threatening situation and for you to tell us we are depressing is unacceptable and yes this is my opinion. I am depressed everyday for 6 months and yes I will continue venting here because I need to be here. I’m living in hell every single day, so honestly you should be mindful when you speak to Invega sufferers. I would not dare tell someone they are too damn depressed. I have a heart and I feel like complete shit. I hate life but I still come on this forum to give hope to others. Good day to you.

By the way guys, to those considering using St. John's Wort to rinse the drug faster from the body, it has to contain alcohol, it's not going to work without it, because hyperforin is degraded by light, temperature and oxygen. Make sure it contains a lot of hyperforin if you want to use it, the product has to be standarized. I considered buying St. John's Wort at the very beginning, because Abilify is a substrate of CYP3A4, too. But it turns out that here in Poland we don't even have extracts containing high hyperforin levels. So I wasted my money, when I bought one. I would be careful using it though, don't know if accelerating metabolism won't make side effects more disturbing. And DON'T use St. John's Wort in during summertime, or you'll get sunburned, I'm not kidding. Be cautious with this thing.

I
Yes it wasn’t nice for him to call you stupid, but think about your post you sent to Invega sufferers. You called us depressing. Well that wasn’t nice either. Remember this is a life threatening situation and for you to tell us we are depressing is unacceptable and yes this is my opinion. I am depressed everyday for 6 months and yes I will continue venting here because I need to be here. I’m living in hell every single day, so honestly you should be mindful when you speak to Invega sufferers. I would not dare tell someone they are too damn depressed. I have a heart and I feel like complete shit. I hate life but I still come on this forum to give hope to others. Good day to you.
know you are suffering heather01. We are all suffering so just be mindful. We are here to give support to you. I really was upset about the post but I guess you are so frustrated that you probably didn’t mean it. Just know it gets better. I can’t believe we have to go threw this but be patient. I am here to give you hope. You will become extremely smart again. I know it’s important to you. I want the emotion love back and I swear I could live without anything else. I love to love and feel it. I miss the emotion love so badly but let’s get along and continue the fight together.

well that's good. it definetly is a sign that it's leaving. i was so happy when i stopped waking up throughout the night. my sleep came back 39 days in. i don't know if that's my half life or not because i did get good sleep 16 days after my last injection and then 14 days after that so idk if my half life is 39 days or roughly 2 weeks. but 39 isnmore believable. what are the side effects you have left?
Some of the side effects I have left are lack of motivation, change in thoughts (it's hard for me to describe, but before Invega, I think I had more thoughts flowing through my mind and in a certain sense, it was easier for me to think), akathisia, stiffness, and more difficulty crying. There may be others.
So how much invega do you think is released each day? I’m hoping 2 to 4 mg then I know the drug is gone and I’m waiting for my receptors to work again. This is horrific and I’m sooooo tired.
It depends on different factors. I recommend you look up what a half-life is and how it works, I think it will give you a better idea of how the amount of a drug being expelled out of your body can change over time. If your body were expelling 2-4mg of Invega every day, I think you probably would've completely or mostly recovered by now. You received one shot, right? Well, regardless, you can do the math yourself. Look at the total amount of the drug you were injected with and subtract the number of days since your last shot multiplied by at least 2mg and I think you'll see that you probably should've completely or mostly recovered by now if you were expelling at least 2mg of Invega every day.
By the way guys, to those considering using St. John's Wort to rinse the drug faster from the body, it has to contain alcohol, it's not going to work without it, because hyperforin is degraded by light, temperature and oxygen. Make sure it contains a lot of hyperforin if you want to use it, the product has to be standarized. I considered buying St. John's Wort at the very beginning, because Abilify is a substrate of CYP3A4, too. But it turns out that here in Poland we don't even have extracts containing high hyperforin levels. So I wasted my money, when I bought one. I would be careful using it though, don't know if accelerating metabolism won't make side effects more disturbing. And DON'T use St. John's Wort in during summertime, or you'll get sunburned, I'm not kidding. Be cautious with this thing.
In response to the bolded, I was concerned about that but I haven't received a sunburn so far this summer and I've been taking St. John's Wort every day for months. I've been spending a lot of time outside lately too. I think it's something that varies by person.

Everyday the dose decreases by less and less. The curve decreases. You can just simply enter the half-life calculator, type in the initial quantity, half-life and days that have gone and you'll see how much of a substance is left in your system.

106534263_708045519986677_6810119805138110438_n.png

This is a graph of Abilify Maintena I have made for myself in Excel (took me a couple hours to do, but I've managed to get this), which shows how the dose decreases in time. The orange line is the present dose based on the date, when I open Excel. The other two are just 1st September (when I go to school) and the yellow one is when 5 half-lifes will pass.

If someone wants the same graph of Invega Sustenna, then write the day you've received the first initial and only dose, (I can only do a graph for those who have had just one injection, don't get how to do this when you have more than one), what was the initial dose and half-life. I have lots of time anyway, I'm bored as fuck and so dumb, I don't feel appreciated, so maybe I can feel useful by doing this. If you want this indicator of how much dose is left, then tell me how the date is shown in your Windows/Mac OS, is it 09/07/2020, 07/09/2020 or whatever, cause the Excel needs it to be precise.

I'm not sure if I've done it the correct way, though. I mean, there's something like absorption half-life and Tmax, obviously it's not 400mg on the first day, lol.

In response to the bolded, I was concerned about that but I haven't received a sunburn so far this summer and I've been taking St. John's Wort every day for months. I've been spending a lot of time outside lately too. I think it's something that varies by person.

I think it may be either that it wasn't an alcohol extract, so it didn't contain hyperforin and hypericin or you just have a light skin tone.

Last edited:
Everyday the dose decreases by less and less. The curve decreases. You can just simply enter the half-life calculator, type in the initial quantity, half-life and days that have gone and you'll see how much of a substance is left in your system.

106534263_708045519986677_6810119805138110438_n.png

This is a graph of Abilify Maintena I have made for myself in Excel (took me a couple hours to do, but I've managed to get this), which shows how the dose decreases in time. The orange line is the present dose based on the date, when I open Excel. The other two are just 1st September (when I go to school) and the yellow one is when 5 half-lifes will pass.

If someone wants the same graph of Invega Sustenna, then write the day you've received the first initial and only dose, (I can only do a graph for those who have had just one injection, don't get how to do this when you have more than one), what was the initial dose and half-life. I have lots of time anyway, I'm bored as fuck and so dumb, I don't feel appreciated, so maybe I can feel useful by doing this. If you want this indicator of how much dose is left, then tell me how the date is shown in your Windows/Mac OS, is it 09/07/2020, 07/09/2020 or whatever, cause the Excel needs it to be precise.

I'm not sure if I've done it the correct way, though. I mean, there's something like absorption half-life and Tmax, obviously it's not 400mg on the first day, lol.

I think it may be either that it wasn't an alcohol extract, so it didn't contain hyperforin and hypericin or you just have a light skin tone.
Hey can you do my half life’s for me.
I had 234,156,156,116. Please thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.