Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 8 months... still no energy but I’m finally going through the motions. I’m getting up going to work.. making lunch/ dinner. showering daily. It’s crazy that’s it’s already been alomost 9 months for me... I pray by Christmas I’ll be reborn
I'm starting to get really depressed how can u still have no energy nine months later are u on a new med?

I'm disappointed because I'm not losing as much weight as I thought I was. I've lost about 10 pounds in about 2 weeks, which is good, but I'd like to be losing weight more quickly.

I'm not sure yet what the effect of losing weight is going to have on my recovery. The Invega being released into my system as a result of my weight loss could cause some of the side effects of the drug to come back, which I hope doesn't happen. Losing weight could also cause me to take longer to recover. I think I've had 18 shots. I'm not sure how many pounds of fat I have on me, but I think I gained over 50 pounds while being on Invega in addition to the small amount of fat I had before I was on Invega. I could have a considerable amount of the drug stored in my fat, which concerns me.

10 pounds in 2 weeks is quick as fuck if you ask me. probably about as fast as it gets tbh. only thing to worry about is if you're going to continue to lose weight. i'm personally worried about losing only a percentage of what i gained lol; if i even lose anything after getting off APs. how long has it been since your last injection?

198 days off. No improvements. To anyone that recovered and felt their first improvements later than 6 months, I would love to hear from you. I am getting nervous as to whether or not I will recover. I would love to hear from someone that did not feel any improvements until month 8, and then recovered.

how are you feeling 265 days off?

10 pounds in 2 weeks is quick as fuck if you ask me. probably about as fast as it gets tbh. only thing to worry about is if you're going to continue to lose weight. i'm personally worried about losing only a percentage of what i gained lol; if i even lose anything after getting off APs. how long has it been since your last injection?
Maybe it is quick. My last injection was over 7 months ago.

Maybe it is quick. My last injection was over 7 months ago.

it is. people would be blessed to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks from just working out.
and 7 months is a long way. congratz lol. how are you feeling so far since your last injection? i take it you're not 100% yet

it is. people would be blessed to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks from just working out.
and 7 months is a long way. congratz lol. how are you feeling so far since your last injection? i take it you're not 100% yet
I was hesitant to say for sure that the weight loss has been quick because, to an extent, I don't have a good idea of what's quick weight loss and what's not, but you're probably right.

I still don't feel normal unfortunately, definitely not 100%. I've noticed some improvements though. I'm sleeping less than I used to, which is a good thing because I was sleeping more when there was more Invega in my system. Invega also used to cause my vision to get blurry sometimes, which appears to have stopped. I think Invega induced weight gain may have slowed down, if it hasn't stopped completely. I'm not sure about that though.

I'm not sure how much longer it's going to take for me to recover, but I am grateful for the improvements I've had because I think they're signs that the drug is leaving my system and my body is returning to normal.

I feel really depressed today. I just can’t stop thinking about my old life. I have a guy friend and I feel he won’t wait for me to heal. I’m so needy with him and invega makes me feel so bad around him. I don’t think he likes me that much anymore. Invega is so strong and if I lose him I will be so sad. I’m so scared. Should I leave him and wait for invega to clear my system? I mean I’m so jealous of him and I know invega is doing this to me. I can’t trust no one. Maybe I should stop talking to him because I’m sick. I can’t believe this nightmare. I’m so sad guys so sad.

Can anyone tell me if your energy ever comes back? When do u start getting out of bed again?
My energy is coming back but I still lay in bed most of the day. I can shower, cook, and clean but it’s still hard because I have no motivation to do any of them. I’m still weak but it’s extremely gradual. The healing process is extremely gradual, but I can tell a difference at month 6. Month 1 threw 6 is extremely insane. I’m still bedridden, so I’m thinking at month 9 is where I will be able to get out of bed more. My guy friend is use to me only being lazy all the time but if I was healed he couldn’t keep up with me. I’m so sick of being sick all the time. I even can’t play with my kids anymore. I do believe in my heart I will be better in 9 or 10 months off the medicine. Good luck to you. Remember everyone has different healing times so you can experience healing fast or slow but for me I think I’m a average healer. Damn waiting is so hard. I’m exhausted of feeling so damn bad everyday.

It took 6 months for me to recover
I read your post in the forums and you said you took 8 months to recover not 6 months. I’m happy you recovered everything and healed but I promise you that In the forums you healed at 8 months not 6 months. To the room guys it take 8-12 months to heal from this drug. If you took a lot of shots be prepared that it can take longer. Plus some people can only have 1 to 2 shots and still take longer than 12 months to heal but I think they are on other medicine or their body metabolism is so slow to break down the medicine. We will heal and we have to keep hope alive so we can continue surviving. This is the worst thing that ever happen to me. I’m so sick everyday. I keep posting to everyone here so you know I care for you all going threw this nightmare.

To the room:
Everyday you wake up hoping for a change hoping to be able to feel something different in your mind and body. If nothing has changed that doesn’t mean anything hasn’t happen. The process is so slow that of course you can’t tell the healing is happening but guess what the healing is happening every single day as the poison releases. The poison do release 2 to 4 mg a day I do believe. So if the voice in your head is telling you that you will never heal remember that’s bull shit. I have that same damn voice in my head everyday all damn day long but that voice is invega. That voice is so powerful, that it leads us into dark depression and extreme anxiety that we start believing we are going to die before we heal. Please listen to my voice telling you that you will heal you will not die you will survive and you will LIVE. You need to know it is a battle that you can and will win. I learned that no one can fight this battle for you only you can. Yes I know you feel like you’re not strong enough to fight and I feel like that daily to but you have to listen to my voice not invega and you have a voice to it’s just not loud enough. Fight, fight, and fight every damn day and just know that everyday will be just as hard as the day before so please believe in recovery so you can LIVE again!!!!! Right now I’m typing this I feel like shit, but I want to give you words of encouragement because I need it to. I’m going to keep fighting and I’m pretty damn sure that invega voice is still going to mess with me every single day. I’m no better than you. I’m sorry this shit is happening. Everyday I wish I could go back in time and correct this but I can’t. I can not accept this being life, so I want to keep hope alive for everyone in this forum. Listen Don’t Let Invega win. I promise you it will get better. The first 4 months was absolutely HELL and I swear I thought I was dying everyday. If you can make it threw the first 4 months without killing yourself then I know for damn sure you can make it to recovery. I still don’t know how I made it to 6 months but I sure damn did damn it and I’m proud of it and you should be to. I’m nowhere healed yet but I will fight every single day until I see my day of recovery. I know I will still have extreme depression days and anxiety days and hopeless days ahead of me, but if we can make it to the turning point which that’s where we can see healing happening then we can just wait the rest of the time out, but right now I don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel but I have seen improvements but not enough to say I’m at the turning point. So I know I have along way to go. Remember God loves you and God has not forgotten you. Pray to God always and I promise when the time is right God will answer you. God knows you are a fighter and God knows you will win and I know God will let you see the world better when you heal. You will be a stronger version of your pre invega self. You will appreciate life. You will be all that you can be. You will be rewarded if you continue this fight and heal. Good luck on this journey to everyone. I just hope everyone reads this post because when I’m down in dark depression I need post like this to help me keep fighting. GODSPEED ❤️❤️❤️

It took 6 months for me to recover
Thank you for coming back here to encourage us to continue fighting. A lot of posters who came on this forum didn’t come back to help us because they recovered and wanted to leave this nightmare in the past. I want to ask you something since you are healed do you have PTSD from the invega experience. I’m afraid that I will have PTSD because of this trauma from invega. I mean I’m so scared right now that when I recover I will have trauma. I’m hoping I don’t. Invega scares me so much because I never experience dark depression, extreme anxiety, and fears in my life until I met invega. Will I heal will I just forget about invega and just move on? Or will I have PTSD from the traumatic experience?

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, have just disovered it somehow. I used to write on a different forum dedicated for schizophrenia, but I didn't receive many answers, so anyway. I was misdiagnosed with schizophrenia and given a 400mg Abilify Maintena injection back in 2nd March of this year. Now, I know this thread is about Invega Sustenna, but those two drugs are same shi* pretty much. 400mg of Maintena has a half-life of 46,5 days, so it's similar, only the doses are different, which makes me a little confused. I'm on the day 129, so I'm 4,6 months after the injection, fortunately a single one. I won't write much in this post because we all know what side effects these drugs cause, how we feel having these poisons in our bodies and so on. Mostly I experience hypokinetic dysarthria (huge problems with speech, which is rare with these drugs, but I have it), anxiety, lack of intelligence. I used to have akathisia but it's mostly gone now, it's still there, but to a lesser extent. Recently I started to feel slightly better, I enjoy listening to music back again, am a little bit more active and go out more often for a walk. I have read some pages on this thread, but obviously I'm not able to read all of it. So I guess my questions are: how long did it take for those with a single injection to recover and function in society and the second question is what can I make in order to clear this drug out of my system faster (is it even possible?). I've read about drinking lots of water (does it really help?), something about coconut oil (not really sure this would help), something about niacin which I don't know what it's supposed to do, and drinking lots of coffe. How is drinking coffe going to help me? I believe this is only gonna make things worse, getting addicted to it, whilst it won't change the drug's metabolism anyway. Also I've read about taking L-DOPA and I find it pointless and even dangerous, since it won't increase dopamine amounts if the dopamine receptors are still being antagonised by the drug. And taking L-DOPA is safe only in a short-term. I have Ashwagandha 450mg pills at home, so I started taking them today. Not sure how they are supposed to help too, but they shouldn't do any harm. 1st of September I have to go to a post-secondary school which makes me really scared, because I'm afraid I won't recover enough to be able to go there, talk to people and so on.

So.what now I spend my life in bed and live.like.this. What kind of bullshit is this I'm done with this group you all are depressing. How can I still feel the effects of a drug six months later that's impossible

So.what now I spend my life in bed and live.like.this. What kind of bullshit is this I'm done with this group you all are depressing. How can I still feel the effects of a drug six months later that's impossible
I'm in the fifth month of not taking a shot and I feel slightly better. Can't say it's good, but it's noticeably better than before. So recovery will come, you just have to be patient. I still don't know how long it's going to take me to fully recover, but little by little it'll show some improvement.

I'm in the fifth month of not taking a shot and I feel slightly better. Can't say it's good, but it's noticeably better than before. So recovery will come, you just have to be patient. I still don't know how long it's going to take me to fully recover, but little by little it'll show some improvement.
Your not on the same drug.

Your not on the same drug.
It's true, but both are LAI and they even have almost indentical half-lifes, so I assume it takes as much for the drug to be out of your system or at least get a little bit better. Correct me if I'm wrong. This is basically same stuff, it has an antagonistic effect at dopamine receptors too. I'm suffering just as much as everyone on this forum and have the same side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.