Mental Health Coming off Invega (paliperidone) injections, v 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
@t_xeplionhell why would that be?

I'm still taking 15 mg ritalin per day as I did before. It used to give me a huge mental boost.
Atm I don't notice too much effect of it.. not too much difference in whether or not taking it.
What happens if you don't take the Ritalin? Is it just a tolerance thing?

Yes. I have been off since January 2019. I took Invega pills for 10 days in March 2020. I think I also had a Haldol shot at that time.

That is crazy that the symbiology in the gnostic tattoo parlor drove you insane. I was studying Cirlot's dictionary of symbols around the time I went psychotic to try and improve my art.

I was worried that I had PSSD from APs, but I recovered. The stories of people who have PSSD from ADs are very concerning & it seems like they get deleted off reddit.
Nice. When was your last psychosis episode? And how long did it last? And how did you get rid of it? Thanks for answering my last question

Hello here, this is my first post. I've been watching this and other relative threads about antipsychotics to look for some hope even if i'm quite hopeless actually. Long story short in april 2021 I end up working in this private tattoo studio where they talk about how to control energies, magic, ego, illumination... Everything in there had a second hidden meaning and you could never tell exactly what was happening. This plus thousands other things plus that i was smoking quite a lot weed led me to believe weird things and i started acting delusional and paranoid for few days. My family freaks out on me and call the police, I end up in the hospital against my will (may 19th) where they put me on sleep for like 6 days for who knows what reason and start giving me depakin and abilify pills, then 400 mg abilify injection on june first. In about one day im depressed and social anxious, come out of the hospital two days later diagnosed bipolar.

They tell me i have to be on medication for indefinite amount of time or i will go manic again so i get two more shots of abilify in the next two months (last one August 1st). The next month I refuse having the shot because I'm no longer living since I had the first one. In all psychiatrists' opinions I should have relapsed in no time but guess what I never did and 9.5 months later I still am anedhonic, feel dumb, no creativity and major problem is I can't stay with people cause i can't think of anything to say so i just became asocial. Actually being suicidal cause i see no improvements in my cognitive abilities and I can't live this way, I have lost everything I had without it. Anyone else had a similar situation with abilify maintena and recovered?

Thanks.
yes i feel the same although i have improved alot but still not back to normal self, its been about the same time for me since last injection[ i had abilify and zyprexa] im just not happy like i used to be and i dont enjoy anything or look foward to anything or feel like doing anything still since being on these shit antipsychotic injections

since being incapacitated by antipsychotic injections i avoided people as its hard to be around people when you feel like shit but in this time i realised that no one that i knew actually gave a shit about me, also because they may know why i have disappeared for so long is because i had a bad reaction to mental illness drugs and of course they would never realise a drug could be so destructive and be like everyone else in society due to the misinformation the mental health system put out there, that i am mentally sick not that antipsychotics have made me sick and destroyed my life, its such an isolating devastating experience to be destroyed by forced antipsychotic drugs, psychiatry is a dictatorship

since being incapacitated by antipsychotic injections i avoided people as its hard to be around people when you feel like shit but in this time i realised that no one that i knew actually gave a shit about me, also because they may know why i have disappeared for so long is because i had a bad reaction to mental illness drugs and of course they would never realise a drug could be so destructive and be like everyone else in society due to the misinformation the mental health system put out there, that i am mentally sick not that antipsychotics have made me sick and destroyed my life, its such an isolating devastating experience to be destroyed by forced antipsychotic drugs, psychiatry is a dictatorship
Really sorry to hear what you are going through. I can very much relate, I’m in the same situation. My love for life and cheerfulness is gone. How long have you been off the injections?

Are there any recovery stories from those who have taken the highest dosage of Invega (234 mg) for a couple of times? I fear that a lot of recovery stories are from people taking low doses (100-150 mg), and that the highest dose might induce some kind of permanent effects.
Initial doses are in most of cases 234mg and 156mg. @ Kaatrina took those initial doses + had many high dose shots after and recovered fully. @ Bad Robot had those initial doses and fully recovered. @ Decisive also got those those initial doses and recovered.

Well, the anhedonia is slightly less when I take it.. so yes it still seems to help a bit.
Its not worth it, ritalin is neurotoxic like every strong stimulant when taken for weeks or longer, and it slows down metabolism too and that slows down recovery.

Its not worth it, ritalin is neurotoxic like every strong stimulant when taken for weeks or longer, and it slows down metabolism too and that slows down recovery.
What do you think about lyrica ...im kinda psychologicly addicted to that stuff ..but im triyng too get off of it...

And is there any remedy or supplement for insomnia which caused by lyrica dependency...

It's not recommended that people who were diagnosed with a psychotic disorder to take a stimulant, at least until they have been mentally stable for several months or longer. There are exceptions. But yeah people do get dependent on it. It's all about cost-benefit analysis. Suffice to say that kind of stress can break people, which is why one should proceed with the utmost caution in this respect!

I don't think that Ritalin is neurotoxic, as say methamphetamine is. Maybe if one abuses it by taking more than is prescribed or by trying to snort it.

Status
Not open for further replies.