• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Coming Back to Adderall Use After Long Absence

Back2Even1877

Greenlighter
Hi,

I've recreationally used Adderall in it's various forms (IR, XR, Vyvanse) for over 10 years.

However, I've been on a "break" for just about 18 months. I am now in possession of five 30mg XRs and I'm wondering how is best to use them.

18 months ago I would have taken all of them at once (getting about 75mgs steady for around 10 hrs give or take). But, having been off of them for such a long time, I don't know if my tolerance would be down to the point that this would be too much. On the other hand, I also don't want to take too little at first and not have enough of an effect.

I typically don't re-dose, and I've always found that just swallowing the pill has had the best effects for me.

How do you guys think is best to proceed?

The LD50 for dexamphetamine is super-high, so the risk of seriously hurting yourself is low. Having said that, 18 months is well and truly enough time for your brain to re-adjust its natural dopamine levels so, in theory, it's a bit like taking it for the first time. I stress a bit, because our brains seem to have memory, like muscle memory, where you can get to your threshold dose much quicker than when you very first took them.

I guess just take half of your pills, and if you feel ok, take the rest. Just play it safe and don't gobble 'em all.

peace :)

Last edited:
willy33, nailed it again. I'd crush them and take no more then half. You can take them XR also, but if you wont crush, then I recommend 2 at most to start. Be safe. This is all based on the harm reduction aspect.

Thanks guys.

I think that was always my gut feeling, but I just needed to hear it from someone else.