• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants come down off meth using Benzos

fairlyvocal

Greenlighter
Hi, I’ve been reading from this site for years but this is my first post. I smoked about a gram and a half of meth with my boyfriend over the course of about 12 hours. Just finished the rest of it and kinda wanna stop feeling tweaked. I have a couple 0.5 xans (I have 0 tolerance) and a half gallon of rum (I drink quite a bit) is it bad to do them both to come down? And if it is and I should only do 1, which one is better? I know alcohol and Xanax are a dangerous mix because they hit the same receptors so I’d only do 0.5 and drink some. Is that a bad idea? Sorry this post is kinda all over the place I don’t really know what I’m asking, I just wanna chill tf out. What is the best (and safest) way to do that with what I have. I also got dab and flower. Thanks for reading

I know alcohol and Xanax are a dangerous mix because they hit the same receptors so I’d only do 0.5 and drink some. Is that a bad idea?
It is in fact a dangerous mix. Saying that: If ya keep the dose low and shots sparingly it should be ok. 5.mg aprazolam and a shot or two to take the edge of may be effective but in my experience diazepam or clonazepam would be a better choice regarding benzos and meth. Just my opinion. Alprazolam (xanax) may hit quicker and *harder but has a short duration of action relatively.
Welcome to bluelight. Someone else may give a little insight but if not, just start low on the dosages and give it an hour before adding more? I can say from experience that mixing the two in large quantity can be detrimental not only to health but freedom as well. Just not recommended if one cannot control a fiend as this combo can lead to a world of hurt to oneself and others.
We here if ya wanna talk more about it or have any other questions, OK?
be well and safe as possible.
Best always,
Ptah

Id go with the benzo for easing your comedown. ETOH probably will make things worse

Mixing benxos and alcohol always bad idea (respiratory depression and blackouts beng just two risks). Drinking on meth is always a bad idea because it contributes to dehydration and will increase the subjective negative effects of your comedown (e.g. increasing depression, anxiety, irritability etc). That's a pretty significant mount of meth to have in 12 hours so you are possibly overamped as well as tweaked out. Your best bet is 0.5 xanax to start to chill and lots and lots of fluids. If, after 30-45 minutes you are still too twacked out to be comfortable try another 0.5 xanax. No safe amount of benzos is going to knock you right out if you are still peaking, but a sensible amount can make you feel a lot better. If you can get your hands on concentrated vitamin C that can help reduce the meth levels in your body and speed the comedown also.

Do you have any other symptoms besides just "in-your-head" - if you are not too overheated or twacked out you might feel better going for a walk outside also. If you are overheated and twacked out you might feel better doing something to cool yourself down.

my got to is always either 3 or 4mg xanax (been taking benzos for years so have a tolerance) and 400mg sereqouel. works a charm. no negative side effects and wake up feeling fresh. i recently got a supply of valium usually take around 40mg, it also helps with the sleep part, but doesn't help much with the anxiety of the comedown.

It’s better to go this way which I don’t tell ppl drug use is ok. But what I’m saying is take as less of the Benzos and try not to get addicted to them, because you’ll run into a vicious cycle of doing meth and taking Benzos.

eventually you’ll either get in trouble and withdrawal which could be deadly or worse die because your heart cannot handle a upper and downer.

please treat the Xanax with the greatest respect, it’s a good tool but it can turn on you, and oh ya!! Quit the meth while your ahead. God bless!

my got to is always either 3 or 4mg xanax (been taking benzos for years so have a tolerance) and 400mg sereqouel. works a charm. no negative side effects and wake up feeling fresh. i recently got a supply of valium usually take around 40mg, it also helps with the sleep part, but doesn't help much with the anxiety of the comedown.

That is a massive dose of both the benzos and the seroquel. You might be wasting them unecessarily.Have you tried to sleep with smaller doses? How long have you usually beem up for by the time you try to go to sleep?

If I’ve been awake 48-72 hours I can go to sleep on about 50 mg seroquel plus 10 mg valium. That’s usually 6-8 hours after my last shot and for about 1 g total the whole binge. I save the rest for smoothing out the comedown the next few days.

Of course, everyone is different and no criticism intended. Just curious if you’ve tried less.

That is a massive dose of both the benzos and the seroquel. You might be wasting them unecessarily.Have you tried to sleep with smaller doses? How long have you usually beem up for by the time you try to go to sleep?

If I’ve been awake 48-72 hours I can go to sleep on about 50 mg seroquel plus 10 mg valium. That’s usually 6-8 hours after my last shot and for about 1 g total the whole binge. I save the rest for smoothing out the comedown the next few days.

Of course, everyone is different and no criticism intended. Just curious if you’ve tried less.
ive been on the serequoel for about 5 years now. take it everyday as prescribed for bioplar disorder. so i take it with or with out being on a binge. when it comes to the benzos, ive had a horrible addiction to those for years and my tolerance to any downwer is so strong. ( yesterday was bored, took 40mg ambien and i didnt feel a thing) , but i think i take that much xanax because im so scared of the meth related anxiety. when i go on meth binges, i sleep every night ( for some reason night time is just a time when anxiety peaks for me) and start smoking when i wake up. (this keeps me really sane) as to not tweak out. so wouldn't of been awake long at all... with regards to Valium, just actually got some and i need to take at least 30mg to feel anything , and it really doesnt help my anxiety. i struggle alot with anxiety in general so after my last hit, i freak myself out. so last night only had valium and sereqouel. took my last hit at like 9pm. waited about an hour and took 30mg valium and my 400mg sereqouel and was seeping in 30 minutes.

i find that Xanax really hits the sweet spot when it comes to taking away the feeling of anxiety while you high. where valium doesn't. i try not to often, but sometimes ill take 1mg Xanax during a binge just to take the edge off. always depends on how much ive smoked. recently i smoked 3g in like 4 days. and then the next G i got lasted me 3 days.