• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Nootropics & Psychedelics (or Related Drugs)

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew

Nootropics - Drug Combinations / Potentiation

ANNOUNCEMENT

Please note that Bluelight's Healthy Living forum covers discussion of supplement stacks. PD only wishes to focus on cognition enhancement as an extension of consciousness expansion. We also aim to discuss the combination of nootropics with psychedelics or even other drugs, and their (potential) interactions.

Refer to HL to supplement your general discussion of vitamins and other additive nutrients.

This subthread is to specifically discuss the interactions of nootropics with psychedelics.

- Please share information and experiences or opinions regarding potentiation effects
- Or qualitative differences compared to the drug without the nootropic
- Did you notice a change in being able to remember especially unusual states of consciousness?
- Did combinations you try make it feel safe, appropriate or responsible? (which is not the same as the actual safety)

The nootropics thread need to be reorganized later to fill this subthread.

The following are posts from a BDD thread about Piracetam & MXE:

NSFW:

Hey guys,

Well I'm almost done with midterms for the quarter and I just received some delicious-looking MXE from a reputable vendor..

However the fact that it's exam-week means that I've been taking quite a bit of piracetam recently (1.2g 3-4x a day). Mostly it's to potentiate caffeine and improve memory but I also find it helps me recover from the hazy neurotoxic weekends..

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had experience combining MXE and piracetam? Or perhaps other dissociatives?

The jury still seems to be out on what its effects on ketamine are, but it would make me quite sad to waste an experiment.

Also, assuming the piracetam may make the MXE fail, does anyone know how long the stuff will be in my system for?

Thanks all

Piracetam and the other *racetams are like anti-dissociatives in terms of action, FYI. I'm pretty sure Jamshyd said that the *racetams are basically antidotes for ketamine, and kill the dissociatiev action. This doesn't bode well for a *racetam+MXE combo.

Well I figure I'll share my experience here, since there doesn't seem to be much (ok, any) information on the net on this combo and this thread is likely to pop up if anyone searches...

Basically I was on a regiment of ~1.2g piracetam around 3-4x a day, and had been for about a week (and was definitely feeling the effects from it - essentially that pretty colorful 'clarity' that makes my brain feel like it did before the drugs).

Anyways, I woke up and took my regular dose in the morning, but abstained for the rest of the day. By 7pm or so, I took my first dose of MXE (scaled to about 13mg sublingually) and was blown away by the potency.. I had basically just been expecting a small k/opiate buzz but instead hit what I would equate to about 300mg DXM trip, though this wasn't in any way inconvenient.

I think there's a good possibility that the fact I was coming off of the pt around that time potentiated the MXE, because I certainly don't think it was any weaker. If the nature of the trip changed, I don't know, because this was my first try of MXE. However I dosed again on the next night and did not find any difference in effects between the two trips.

I would say that MXE was a little more 'cross-eyed' of a /dis/ high than kitty, but still better than DXM. I consumed around 84mg total that night, and while I certainly fell into the m-space I was still at least partially coherent verbally while not at the peak of it or while I kept my headphones off (I could still interact with friends, and order certain songs to be played or more doses scaled out (lol, such good friends) though I was incapable of really focusing on anything visually).

If anyone has any questions, they're welcome to ask.. However to summarize my experience here: Don't dose them at the same time and you'll be fine.

This is just a bump and a feeler for any others with similar experience.

I have assumed for a long time that racetams cancel-out the effects of dissociatives.
I have seen several resorts supporting this notion from multiple sources, and have even myself twice used Piracetam to lessen an unpleasant experience involving DXM.

However,

Last night I experienced a 1600mg dose of piracetam transform a the tail end of a highly lucid 22mg 2C-I + 40mg Methoxetamine trip (both doses simultaneous administered intrarectally, Piracetam taken over 4 hours after initial dose) into a wildly powerful and intensely dissociative psychedelic experience. I have a lot more to write on this and will be providing a report and analysis for anyone who is interested. There are aspects of the nature of the ensuing trip that lead me to believe that the interaction of the piracetam and the methoxetamine was specifically responsible for some aspects of what was at times an intensely dissociative experience.

Additionally,

I have two distinct memories (from way back, mind you) of moderate dosages of piracetam transforming dosages of DXM significantly under the range that anyone would consider "first plateau" into trips that completely caught me off guard with their surprisingly consuming and euphoric nature which on both occasions produced effects largely more desirable than would be expected from a "first plateau" DXM trip.

Just food for thought.

Update: I decided to put this to an informal test.

[45mg intranasal methoxetamine] was taken three hours after [3000mg Oral Piracetam]

Results pending.

Update:

[45mg intranasal methoxetamine] taken three hours after [3000mg Oral Piracetam] produced significantly diminished dissociative effects. However a notable mood life, an increase in the ability to "quiet the mind", as well as an increased ability to become "absorbed" into music was also noted. It it clear that a moderate dissociate dose taken after piracetam will not produce the full, expected effects.

However, I remain convinced that there exists the possibility that the combination of a serotonergic psychedelic with a dissociative, followed by a dose of Piracetam had the ability to dramatically augment the trip, as well as to produce some potentially unique properties, partisularily in the trip's dissociative aspects. This is a topic that I will discuss in additional detail in my report of the aforementioned [2C-I + MXE + Piracetam] trip.

I will post a link to said report in this thread after it is completed.

i'd like to see that trip report! did you mix your piracetam with an appropriate choline dosage? if so, how much?
and since its been a while since you last posted, what is the ending verdict for MXE and piracetam combined?

Just an anecdote I know, but at one time, I had clean forgotten that I had a probation appointment, several years back. I'd done a fair-sized IV shot of MXE, and was completely spannered. Realizing I was due in less than 15 minutes or so, I plugged several grams of piracetam, having read of its effects upon ketamine. Luckily for me, it worked, and rapidly brought me back down to earth. It didn't completely abort the trip, but I was able to speak again, to walkandfunction, and was able to pass off the residual ataxia etc. as a side effect of my prescription meds =D

I'm a bit surprised there is not more here in this thread, as this is a very interesting topic! A topic in which i have have personally received a lot of insight! (in regards to nootropic effects on dissosociatives) I'll start off light and just say I've seen that most nootropics (racetams, noopept, OTC supplements ect) i've seen consumed regularly in combination with ketamine in particular, seem to have a strong effect on the effects of the drug. Usually resulting hindered effects of the k. Pretty significantly too! Noopepet in particular was very good at aborting the pleasurable effects in K users. Perhaps this is due to the activity noopept has on glutamate receptors? Perhaps even some activity at the NMDA site? I would love to hear other peoples tales of this topic!

^ No MXE is not a nootropic, but the thread is about psychedelics combined with nootropics and the piracetam mentioned would be the nootropic involved.

There is an amazing and kind of terrifying trip report of Xorkoth combining 2C-E with piracetam and other nootropics, on erowid:
https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=48983

And yes there have been reports on nootropics cancelling the cognitive impairment effects of dissociatives, and cognitive disruptions are very likely associated with psychedelic effects so it is probably hard to 'take the edge off' without taking the whole thing away so to speak.

I can't confirm any of this myself at this point, but that's a shame cause I can occasionally use a help with this..

Yeah glutamatergic transmission is likely to be the reason considering the significance of glutamate for NMDA receptors, which are glutamate receptors. Nootropics enhance glutamate action, often via AMPA which is a non-NMDA glutamate receptor... I don't know the specifics of the signal transduction pathways here but it seems to me that it is a sort of 'alternative' way for the glutamatergic system to cope, relevant to cognition.

Last edited: