• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & Weed

i find shrooms override my need for weed - particularly at the start of the trip.

Once i've plateaued tho there no stopping. If

I get really stoned after i've comedown, it can revive mild hallucinations.

To answer the weed and LSD question, the only time I ever tripped acid I smoked weed the whole time and it was great. That said I was a chronic full time smoker at the time and although it was my first acid trip I had used mushrooms many times.

The one time I smoked weed while on shrooms was about 2/3 into the trip, and I felt absolutely nothing from it; it was just like we were smoking cigarettes or anything else - my friends had the same reaction (and we were splitting a fat j of some quality medical stuff). Anyone else just not notice any effects from mj on shrooms?

A bit off topic but: we smoked that j on the roof of a building overlooking Los Angeles on a bright sunny day when the jacaranda trees were in full bloom. Seeing the city on shrooms peppered with vibrant purple flowers was one of the most beautiful urban landscapes I've seen. Good times.

I smoked weed on dob,mushrooms and lsd trips.It was never problem,no fear or anxiety.It make everything more intense,stronger visuals and bodyhigh.Very euphoric in my opinion.People that say lsd + weed = instant bad trip are not right.Maybe it is working for them that way but definately not for me and many many other people.

well the last two and only times ive done shrooms i smoked weed about maybe an hour or 2 into the trip and from that point on i got bad trips. I dont know if it was the weed just making me think weird or what but everything was before i took the hits. has anybody noticed changes in your shroom trips when you smoked weed while on them?

well about 2 hours into a mushroom trip is when the going gets weird...regardless of weed.

personally i crave pot so damn much when im on acid that it seems ridiculous to not smoke any. BUUUUTTTTTTT it has also lead to one of my most paranoid/crazy trips ever. It is kinda of unpredictable, but i LOVE it.

Try snorting poppers on Shrooms:) Lye down and ull feel like ur floating on heroin. U loose urself in a beautiful world:)

Some of my worst psychedelic experiences were on weed and shrooms. Shrooms always have a dissociative side for me and weed brings it out further. But worse than that, every time I've done this combination it gave me the "existential nausea" in a literal sense, a sickness that seemed to come not from the stomach but from the depth of my soul, a sort of sickness of life that felt like dying. Once this ended in me fainting, which on psychedelics is an experience unto itself, on par with 5-MeO-DMT in intensity.

All in all, I quickly learned to avoid this combination.

I always smoke a lot on psychedelics. Best time to smoke is on the come up when the nausea is getting annoying. Or also on the peak, comedown, or plateau.

Its all good!

well the last two and only times ive done shrooms i smoked weed about maybe an hour or 2 into the trip and from that point on i got bad trips. I dont know if it was the weed just making me think weird or what but everything was before i took the hits. has anybody noticed changes in your shroom trips when you smoked weed while on them?

yes and i dont ever have weed with my psychedlics. it can make them seem very reall rather than dreamy, add to the confusion tenfold and cause paranoia and getting caught in time loops. if you like a strong trip avoid weed just have lots of the mushrooms and if its a weak mushroom trip then a little bit of weed can make a plus 0.5 (i.e nothing) into a 2.5 trip (i.e. value for funny).

weed seems to overpower everything if you know what to look for in its effects in combos profile from experience

mushy caps + weed

is this a good combo? i havn't taken mushies before so is it advisable to steer away from weed or should it be ok??

I always enjoyed smoking weed when I ate shrooms but its all preference. This is probably better suited for the psychedelic discussion board though.

If you react well to cannabis, you should be fine. I recommend saving the weed until you start to come down from the mushrooms

remember your set and setting, then you are ready to take the leap....

Last edited:
id advise to not smoke weed if you havent taken mushrooms before

however its not going to make you go insane or anything, id just advise against it..

unless its some reallly realllly good weed you just picked up from a really nice dealer that was a just a great timeand now you have it and need to smoke it to end the mission....otherwise naw, weed makes my mind expand and on mushrooms they do it themselves

and how about alcohol, because we've had a fair few shots each.. will this make it too intense for a first timer with this type of psychedelic drug? we have all done other stuff like e, ghb etc but we have never indulged on the massive hallucinogens.. we're doing it very soon so info appreciated. thanks ;)

well have alot of fun first of all...second of all no one can tell you if one thing is ok and one thing is bad because were all different..at least with stuff like mushrooms
ive used mushrooms alot, i dont use them anymore
but i can tell ya alcohol will not enhance the trip, but may make it a bit more Dull...if you have any anxiety, id say from personal experience alcohol will deplete that anxiety, but might actually make the trip less intense.
this isnt a good thing. you want to be feeling mushrooms to their full extent, if your already drunk (depoending on how many grams you do) you may get less of the effect because alcohol likes to 'dull' highs..if i where you id save the mushrooms till i wasnt drunk and at a cool rave or a party with people i enjoy and have a good time with

This belongs in PD.

In the meantime, Cannabis tends to sway a Psilocybin trip in an unclear direction. However it does make the OEV's and CEV's more pronounced, but at the same time makes the trip confusing.

If it's your first mushroom experience I would only advise smoking once you're at baseline, and have came down from the mushrooms completely. Usually at about the 6-8 hour mark, and after that if you smoke it will extend your trip for another couple of hours. It is always how I did it, even when I first started shroomin'

Also, when you wait until the end of your trip, it gives you something to look forward to. The end becomes very euphoric, and once you get there you almost feel a sense of accomplishment. Especially after you hit that joint.

--> psychadelic discussion.
You'll learn the hardway that many psychadelics don't mix, especially for first timers. I haven't got all that much experience but I've seen it happen. I would never mix a drug I had never tried before with something else b/c you don't even know how you'll react to the new drug on its own

If you're the type that never gets anxiety from cannabis then you'll likely be fine but I'd just stick to mushrooms on their own for the first time, just incase. Cannabis anxiety on your first mushroom trip would suck.

It's also best suited for the comedown IMO. Pot can dull the peak of a trip; although many say a little pot is what gets them to hit their peak.