View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] 5-MeO-MIPT + MDMA

That-Strange-Guy

Bluelighter
I am going to try 5-MeO-MIPT for the first time tomorrow and I am wondering if its safe to mix with MDMA. And will the MDMA cancel out the psychedelic effects? I want lots of visuals so i'm gonna try 15mg 5-MeO-MIPT and use MDMA to help with the uncomfortable come-up.

Does this sound like a bad idea?

I would always recommend against mixing drugs the first time you try a new substance.

You don't even know if the comeup will be bad for you (individual responses vary significantly in this regard

I would always recommend against mixing drugs the first time you try a new substance.

You don't even know if the comeup will be bad for you (individual responses vary significantly in this regard

I agree with you totally but I have learned that I am quite a hard-head when it comes to new substances and I can handle being pushed to my limits of sanity for hours.

The only thing I am scared of is a few people have said this is a bad mix as it makes the trip feel alien. But I have also heard this is a wonderful mix from others.

Personally I'd start with a lower dose of 5-MeO-MIPT even I were doing it on it's own, I hear the dose you need for effects varies pretty widely with it. But you know your own limits I'm sure.

Can't help with any chemistry safety advise I'm afraid but I haven't heard of any interactions with the two.

I think im going to purchase 20mg and start with 10mg and re-dose as needed. I have decided against the mdma as it has similar effects in the 5-MeO-MIPT and I don't wanna risk a bad trip on a first experience with a new chemical.

Thank you for the advice but please post any more information if you know about this combo.

Yeah, definitely try it on it's own first. No need to mix in a dopamine and serotonin releasing stimulant to complicate things.

Especially with a 5-MeO psychedelic (a group known for intensity and body effects).

I am going to try 5-MeO-MIPT for the first time tomorrow and I am wondering if its safe to mix with MDMA. And will the MDMA cancel out the psychedelic effects? I want lots of visuals so i'm gonna try 15mg 5-MeO-MIPT and use MDMA to help with the uncomfortable come-up.

Does this sound like a bad idea?

Most people enjoy 5-MeO-MIPT on its own at 10mg or less. Some enjoy 10-15mg. Very few experienced people say that would be comfortable taking more than 15-20mg. The character of this drug changes drastically with small changes in dose.

Have you by any chance seen the Erowid report from the guy who tried 12mg and wasn't impressed......then he decided to jump up to 25mg for his next trip and ended up strapped to a table in a psych ward?

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=29734

I agree with the comments above: Start with 5-MeO-MIPT on its own first. 6-10mg should be ok for a starting dose (after doing a trial of 1mg or so to make sure your body has no idiosyncratic reactions to this chemical).

BTW, I'm sure I've seen some negative reports on the 5-MeO-MIPT combo with MDMA. But I think I have also seen some positive ones. Search here and on Erowid and you will probably find them.

Is it physically safe? Yes, inasmuch as nothing somehow going outstandingly wrong (take way too much of either by accident, having an allergy, you catch on fire, etc.). Is it smart? Like others have said, try new drugs alone. The only exception would be if you wanted to take a low-dose of a benzo or have a beer if you're scared of "come-up anxiety."

Is 5-MeO-MiPT good? Yes. Is it like MDMA? Not quite. I've mixed 5-MeO-DiPT (which is like the ugly brother of the sexy -MiPT, but still a decent drug) with MDMA before and it was quite weird. Nothing like a candy flip or a hippie flip. Just...truly bizzare. Would I suggest mixing them IF you are compfortable with them both at a future date, yes. No idea if mixing the -MiPT would be weird in a similar way or not, but I suspect as much (only better and more erotic ;)).

Again, just be warned that 5-MeO drugs, as was suggested above, can have a hard body load (in that...be ready for it so that it does not freak you out and bring on a bad trip). And unlike MDMA, RCs are kind of hit-or-miss with people. Can MDMA "save" a bad RC trip? IMO, it would be rare. If you don't like a given RC, chances are you really won't like it.

And as a side, IF you do like -MiPT, I'd highly suggest going with 4-HO-DiPT next (assuming you can get it, but let's not talk about that). IME, -MiPT taught me that -DiPT wasn't as good, and then 4-HO-DiPT taught me that what I like about -MiPT can be made even better (the erotica).

GOOD LUCK AND BE SAFE :)

Most people enjoy 5-MeO-MIPT on its own at 10mg or less. Some enjoy 10-15mg. Very few experienced people say that would be comfortable taking more than 15-20mg. The character of this drug changes drastically with small changes in dose.

Have you by any chance seen the Erowid report from the guy who tried 12mg and wasn't impressed......then he decided to jump up to 25mg for his next trip and ended up strapped to a table in a psych ward?

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=29734

I agree with the comments above: Start with 5-MeO-MIPT on its own first. 6-10mg should be ok for a starting dose (after doing a trial of 1mg or so to make sure your body has no idiosyncratic reactions to this chemical).

BTW, I'm sure I've seen some negative reports on the 5-MeO-MIPT combo with MDMA. But I think I have also seen some positive ones. Search here and on Erowid and you will probably find them.

Yeah I have been reading up on this for quite a few hours now and the more I read the more I realize its not a drug you want to push the limits. To me it seems like it's best to find at most a higher medium dose and take it for what it is =D

I'm really excited about it, although the doses i'm buying are in 5mg capsules for 10$ each... If I can't find a good enough scale scale i'm going to take one and maybe eye out half of the second one to start with. Shouldn't be harmful.

Then if I need more I will take the second half of the second one, and do the same for the third capsule. I'm not going higher than 15mg as not that many reports seem to be positive in ranges above this.

I have read some interesting reports about visuals in the 20-25mg range but something leads me to believe it was not 5-MeO-MiPT. But those visual reports make me want to experience that so badly. They claim to have neon green, pink and yellow visuals with extraordinary OEVs and CECs, especially in nature and with lights.

Is it physically safe? Yes, inasmuch as nothing somehow going outstandingly wrong (take way too much of either by accident, having an allergy, you catch on fire, etc.). Is it smart? Like others have said, try new drugs alone. The only exception would be if you wanted to take a low-dose of a benzo or have a beer if you're scared of "come-up anxiety."

Is 5-MeO-MiPT good? Yes. Is it like MDMA? Not quite. I've mixed 5-MeO-DiPT (which is like the ugly brother of the sexy -MiPT, but still a decent drug) with MDMA before and it was quite weird. Nothing like a candy flip or a hippie flip. Just...truly bizzare. Would I suggest mixing them IF you are compfortable with them both at a future date, yes. No idea if mixing the -MiPT would be weird in a similar way or not, but I suspect as much (only better and more erotic ;)).

Again, just be warned that 5-MeO drugs, as was suggested above, can have a hard body load (in that...be ready for it so that it does not freak you out and bring on a bad trip). And unlike MDMA, RCs are kind of hit-or-miss with people. Can MDMA "save" a bad RC trip? IMO, it would be rare. If you don't like a given RC, chances are you really won't like it.

And as a side, IF you do like -MiPT, I'd highly suggest going with 4-HO-DiPT next (assuming you can get it, but let's not talk about that). IME, -MiPT taught me that -DiPT wasn't as good, and then 4-HO-DiPT taught me that what I like about -MiPT can be made even better (the erotica).

GOOD LUCK AND BE SAFE :)

Thank you for this, and I have read your posts in the big and dandy thread. I'm positive I will make out fine. I never really jump in over my head on a new substance, I just get excited about them. I always do my research first and don't do anything too heroic until i'm comfortable.

Besides I can normally wrap my mind around a bad trip. A hug really helps me if i'm tripping hard, so does a random switch in atmosphere so I tend to find an empty dark room and light a disposable candle [I carry these on trips]. Candle light is the most soothing thing for me on a trip.

I've posted in the big and dandy thread?!? Fucking drugs... 8) With that said, take my advice a little less to a T ;) haha

But ya I struggle with a lot of psyches in public places or around people (either freaking out about crowds of self-image), and I was fine doing -MiPT at a rave and then afterward walking through my city at night. Again, everyone's different, but this one didn't have that avenue toward a bad trip too much, IME.

i'd think it would be overstimulating. i found the higher doses of 5-MEO-MIPT (16mg) by itself to be a little too much in that department. furthermore, i don't see them synergizing very well, personally.

Yeah I have been reading up on this for quite a few hours now and the more I read the more I realize its not a drug you want to push the limits. To me it seems like it's best to find at most a higher medium dose and take it for what it is =D

I'm really excited about it, although the doses i'm buying are in 5mg capsules for 10$ each... If I can't find a good enough scale scale i'm going to take one and maybe eye out half of the second one to start with. Shouldn't be harmful.

Then if I need more I will take the second half of the second one, and do the same for the third capsule. I'm not going higher than 15mg as not that many reports seem to be positive in ranges above this.

I have read some interesting reports about visuals in the 20-25mg range but something leads me to believe it was not 5-MeO-MiPT. But those visual reports make me want to experience that so badly. They claim to have neon green, pink and yellow visuals with extraordinary OEVs and CECs, especially in nature and with lights.

The neon colors you described remind me much of my experiences with 2ce, except I remember neon blues and greens the most.

The neon colors you described remind me much of my experiences with 2ce, except I remember neon blues and greens the most.

I'm quite familiar with 2C-E and have taken several heroic doses of the stuff. I'm gonna write a crazy trip report sometime about it. But these people have said that trees have turned into neon peacock monsters with snakes for branches and tiny mouths all over it. And someone else said they seen floating colored dots, a tree turn into a monarch butterfly and sparkling pixels in the air, bodies of water began to spiral, rocks looked like a dancing man.

To me that doesn't seem like 2C-E, at least not from my experiences. 2C-E has given me visuals to this level but I couldn't see those exact hallucinations happening on it.

I'm quite familiar with 2C-E and have taken several heroic doses of the stuff. I'm gonna write a crazy trip report sometime about it. But these people have said that trees have turned into neon peacock monsters with snakes for branches and tiny mouths all over it. And someone else said they seen floating colored dots, a tree turn into a monarch butterfly and sparkling pixels in the air, bodies of water began to spiral, rocks looked like a dancing man.

To me that doesn't seem like 2C-E, at least not from my experiences. 2C-E has given me visuals to this level but I couldn't see those exact hallucinations happening on it.

Your location description reminds me of my last dmt experience. You seem to know your stuff pretty well. Maybe you can help me figure out what drug I may have consumed in the past. I have been wondering about this experience for years.
One night I took 3 pills of e mixed with about 100 mg of powered ketamine. The pills were 2 blue Zs, with a backwards Z stamped onto the pills, and 1 blue bottle. I crushed up all three pills and mixed them with the ketamine. I snorted 2 thirds of the powder. First effects: The stars began swirling and came down to me, inches from where I was sitting, then went back into space. I looked around and saw 100s of spirit beings walking up and down my street. They had no hands or feet, but hovered around. All of them had distinguished facial characteristics like ordinary people with white see through bodies. They walked through cars and were not effected by the physical realm. Next thing I know, my car I was sitting in began moving up and down my street even though the engine was off. (I was not driving at all the entire experience, just listening to music parked in front of my house). Then my car lifted off of the ground and was carried around my neighborhood a couple hundred feet in the air. I was taken on a fun ride journey and was being taken around by some beings that were more advanced than the spirits I had been seeing. They brought me back to my where I was originally parked and left. The spirit beings were still there. 3 of them occupied my back seat, one was in my driver seat, and other was sitting on my right half in my car and half outside. We all rocked out to Kimball Collins ICU sessions 1 for a while. I felt like I was in heaven. One of the beings spoke to me asking me if I knew who they were. I gave them an incorrect answer, and something negative happened that was erased from my memory. They disappeared after that. I look up at the tree in front of my house and it has a set a eyes. The eyes were glowing red, and it appeared that they were powered by electricity, as if they were lights. The beings that had taken the form of my tree was waving at me. I turned around and looked back at it, and the branch that was his waving arm was now facing the ground instead of up toward the sky. I tested this a couple of times, looking away, then looking back, and each time the brach was in different positions. I was convinced that this was real, not my imagination. Eventually I got out of my car to look around and see what else I could see. I looked into my backyard at a row of old trees. Behind them was the usually sky, partly cloudy, but I noticed there were about 50-100 beings climbing up through the tree wearing white suits. They moved up the trees and stopped in a way that made the trees look like a snowy mountain range. It was amazing. Many interesting things happened that evening. I was seeing amazing things for a good 6-8 hours. The later part of the experience involved communicating telepathically with an ancient wise being that appeared out of no where. I saw a fox run through my house, more trees turn into faces of animals which would direct me to other of their same kind. I was directed to walk into my backyard by one of these faces to find a dead aloe plant. Before my very eyes the plant grew back to life, full of green and shaped like a hand. The hand turned and pointed up at something of significance. I finally went to sleep and woke up the next day. As I sat out front smoking a cigarette, I looked at the house across the street and saw a set of very obvious eyes appear in the form of a shadow. The strange thing is that they were not there when I first looked at the house. They just appeared out of no where, long after I had stopped tripping. This experience was way beyond anything else in my whole 10 years of drug use. I had done e at least a 100 times before and many vials of ketamine. No hallucinogen has ever produced effects anywhere near what I saw that night. I have no idea what to think about it, but since I have explored 2c drugs a bit in the recent past, I am thinking maybe they were somehow involved. Any ideas of what may have been in there pills, or was this just some out of this world experience?

Your location description reminds me of my last dmt experience. You seem to know your stuff pretty well. Maybe you can help me figure out what drug I may have consumed in the past. I have been wondering about this experience for years.
One night I took 3 pills of e mixed with about 100 mg of powered ketamine. The pills were 2 blue Zs, with a backwards Z stamped onto the pills, and 1 blue bottle. I crushed up all three pills and mixed them with the ketamine. I snorted 2 thirds of the powder. First effects: The stars began swirling and came down to me, inches from where I was sitting, then went back into space. I looked around and saw 100s of spirit beings walking up and down my street. They had no hands or feet, but hovered around. All of them had distinguished facial characteristics like ordinary people with white see through bodies. They walked through cars and were not effected by the physical realm. Next thing I know, my car I was sitting in began moving up and down my street even though the engine was off. (I was not driving at all the entire experience, just listening to music parked in front of my house). Then my car lifted off of the ground and was carried around my neighborhood a couple hundred feet in the air. I was taken on a fun ride journey and was being taken around by some beings that were more advanced than the spirits I had been seeing. They brought me back to my where I was originally parked and left. The spirit beings were still there. 3 of them occupied my back seat, one was in my driver seat, and other was sitting on my right half in my car and half outside. We all rocked out to Kimball Collins ICU sessions 1 for a while. I felt like I was in heaven. One of the beings spoke to me asking me if I knew who they were. I gave them an incorrect answer, and something negative happened that was erased from my memory. They disappeared after that. I look up at the tree in front of my house and it has a set a eyes. The eyes were glowing red, and it appeared that they were powered by electricity, as if they were lights. The beings that had taken the form of my tree was waving at me. I turned around and looked back at it, and the branch that was his waving arm was now facing the ground instead of up toward the sky. I tested this a couple of times, looking away, then looking back, and each time the brach was in different positions. I was convinced that this was real, not my imagination. Eventually I got out of my car to look around and see what else I could see. I looked into my backyard at a row of old trees. Behind them was the usually sky, partly cloudy, but I noticed there were about 50-100 beings climbing up through the tree wearing white suits. They moved up the trees and stopped in a way that made the trees look like a snowy mountain range. It was amazing. Many interesting things happened that evening. I was seeing amazing things for a good 6-8 hours. The later part of the experience involved communicating telepathically with an ancient wise being that appeared out of no where. I saw a fox run through my house, more trees turn into faces of animals which would direct me to other of their same kind. I was directed to walk into my backyard by one of these faces to find a dead aloe plant. Before my very eyes the plant grew back to life, full of green and shaped like a hand. The hand turned and pointed up at something of significance. I finally went to sleep and woke up the next day. As I sat out front smoking a cigarette, I looked at the house across the street and saw a set of very obvious eyes appear in the form of a shadow. The strange thing is that they were not there when I first looked at the house. They just appeared out of no where, long after I had stopped tripping. This experience was way beyond anything else in my whole 10 years of drug use. I had done e at least a 100 times before and many vials of ketamine. No hallucinogen has ever produced effects anywhere near what I saw that night. I have no idea what to think about it, but since I have explored 2c drugs a bit in the recent past, I am thinking maybe they were somehow involved. Any ideas of what may have been in there pills, or was this just some out of this world experience?

I will edit this after I go dose. I'm on my way out the door, sorry.

See you after the brilliance ;)

I've done this combo before except with a modest strength x pill and 6mg of 5-meo-mipt. I took the x, it felt weak so I took 6mg about 1 hour after the x. It felt like it intensified the x by a factor of two with out adding much a tryptamine character to it. It also increased the duration and the comedown, it seemed.

I agree with every one though and try out the 5-meo-mipt by itself first. Learn how the chemical affects you before combining it with something else.

So how did it go? I love this psychedelic.

My personal insight: moxy is so euphoric in higher doses, I don't see the need to combine anything with it. In fact when it comes to euphoria, moxy will leave mandy in the dust. I believe it would also probably negate much of the psychedelic nature of the experience (by saturating the intersynaptic gap with 5ht), and therefore robbing you of the truly wonderful aspects of this drug.

This RC is a true gem. I have pushed the dose up to 100mg give or take; this is where the real wonder lies. If you can tolerate a little body load I would totally recommend going higher than 10mg, at least.

It went well. I took 15 mgs and had a wonderful trip. Although my good time was followed by an un-usual event during the come-down....

Ill try to describe this experience. I have another thread about this feeling.

Every time I have taken a hard drug since Christmas it has done this weird thing to my body, psychedelics or stimulants or whatever else it does this same thing...

First it feels like all of my senses become one, everything blurs into everything. I cant feel my body anymore, the only thing i can feel is air not passing through me. I feel like an empty shell with hyper senses. There doesn't seem to be gravity but im still stuck to the ground. touching myself feels the same as looking at myself, as does pain, hunger, thirst, my pulse, and my oxygen levels.

I filled my mouth with water and i couldn't feel anything besides the outer layer of skin that was only felt because air couldn't pass through it, I felt the water floating where my mouth should be and it didn't exist in a certain spot when i moved my tongue.

Also I put a cigarette in my mouth, i couldn't feel my lips pucker around it, or my cheeks suck in when i puffed it, nor could i feel my tongue. My lungs were only felt when they were full and then they vanished again.

It felt so alien.... Honestly it felt like the only things that existed were my 5 senses, and the rest was physically there but I could not feel it....

Being a living organism is so much more than 5 senses, without proper unbalance in these senses it is VERY difficult to function properly.

I can go into further detail if you wish but it seems to reset my body. After I went to sleep and woke up all of my muscles had 0% tension. [including my heart (This scares me)] Its really good though, it feels like i have greater full control ever everything inside me. Also my energy is perfectly distributed. I feel like I was reborn.

During the rebirth process i can feel random tiny fragments [that feel to exist more than my other senses] PAINFULLY rebuild themselves all over my body and once they begin to fully take shape my senses unbalanced themselves to normal again, leaving me relaxed and refreshed.

I am worried about how relaxed my heart is, I still have a heartbeat but it seems softer than normal.

This has happened maybe 5 times now on different substances my body is familiar with, I have never had a problem with them prior to Christmas.

I think i'm quitting drugs though as even marijuana seems to be really messing with my heartbeat...

Also I have lost the pulse in my chest where it should be, it seems to be like hiding behind the muscle and it feels abnormal.

I can feel my pulse in my wrist and my neck a lot clearer and my heart seems to flutter frequently.

Last edited: