• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Combining Heroin and Subutex

jabualj

Bluelighter
Ok, so I'm a new member and this is my first post, so I hope I have this in the right section. I've been reading for a couple weeks, but haven't seen the exact situation I'm in, though I realize I may just have missed it;

I've been using IV heroin for about three months now, about 1 - 1.5 grams/day. About two weeks ago I started suboxone treatment with the 8mg sublingual subutex pills. I did plenty of research and have tried waiting 12, 18, or 24 hours after my last dose to take the Subutex. But every time I get sick! I recognize a big part of it is probably anxiety - I'm a big baby and don't want to feel sick for one minute!

What I've discovered is once I feel sick from the Subutex, if I take a shot of H I instantly feel better. Not high, neccesarily, just "normal." So what I've started doing is taking 2-4 mg of Subutex in the morning (I've taken as much as 8 ), then doing a shot afterwards. It's been about two days and I'm trying to build the amount of subutex in my system and do less and less heroin. The weird thing is, when I do this, the h lasts much longer - I'll feel fine up to about 24 hours later

My question is, has anyone else done this or had this experience? Does it even make sense with the opioid blocking effects of buprenorphine or is it some kind of placebo effect based on my fear that it won't work on it's own? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated - I really can't afford inpatient care as I'd probably lose my job or not be able to afford rent! I really want to make the full transition, I just can't handle being sick!

Does anyone have any input on this? Or maybe direct me to a thread where it's been discussed? I'm really serious about needing this shit out of my system and out of my life. I've had several friends die from it and don't know anyone who's ever had a "positive" outcome
And yeah, I was arrogant and thought like so many others I was the one guy who could keep it under control. I'm lucky in that everyone has been really supportive 0 my boss, my family, even my po! But I know that can all change in a heartbeat, so please any advice on my "combination" would be greatly appreciated...

I dunno man my logic tells me its placebo. I'm surprised sunutez is making you feel sick. Do you mean sick as in dopesick (RLS, runny eyes/nose, sneeze attacks, malaise, bone/pain) or some other sick?

If you can find gabapentin I've found it helps space out the time before my last H dose to first sub induction dramatically.

Maybe if you wait enough, the sub alone will give you relief? Using bupe and H seems like SOMETHING is being wasted somewhere in there.

i always thought it was 36 hours to be safe with some peeps even going 48 hour, all depends on your body i suppose.

It's definitely dope sick - I've read plenty about the whole precipitated withdrawal effect. I've usually heard 12-24 hours, but maybe it's not long enough. I've actually had a doctor tell me to wait 24 hours before induction though, so that seems about right

What's confusing is that the heroin seems to pull me out of the precipitated withdrawal, which I've never heard of before. I have no doubt I'm wasting H, but that is't really a major concern if it's helping the subs saturate my system

What is gabapentin? I went out and bought thera flu (dmx), immodium (loperamide), and an OTC sleep aid (diphenhydramine) for tomorrow. I'm going to do my sub then h routine in the morning, then take a full 24 hours before my appointment with the new doctor Thursday. Hopefully I can get something for the anxiety too, cause I really think that's a huge part of my problem

I'm honestly surprised and a little disappointed I've gotten so little response to this - I figured their were a lot of people on here with experience with opiate withdrawal who could try to explain based on their own experience or lend some support. I don't have any family or close friends where I live and this is my first experience with withdrawal, which scares the shit out of me. I've looked into medical detox, but I really want the subs to work so I can continue living my life

The main thing is I want to know if doing h right after suboxone can be negative in any way - aside from wasting the high of course! I can deal with it being a placebo effect if it helps me transition from h to suboxone with minimal suffering

I don't think doing H after taking bupe can be harmful. What is likely happening is the H is bouncing off of blockaded receptors with tightly bound bupe.

I can't help much with the combination but I highly recommend you try to suffer as much as possible between last H use and first sub (go past 24 if that still made you sick last time). Subs have never failed me. I always feel great using them.

Gabapentin is a drug usually RX'd off label for RLS (and I think it's normally RX'd for neuropathic pain). It's like a mild benzo that doesn't really have that much recreational or harmful properties so the docs RX it often. People find it helps a lot with w/d symptoms and I agree.

Thanks Phil. - I know I have to "suck it up" a little more. I've heard nothing but good things about subs. I really do think it's mostly my anxiety, so I'm going to try to get the doctor to give something for that. Or just take a bunch of dxm and trip the fuck out!! I'm guessing it's also hitting whatever receptors aren't blockaded, therefore providing some relief

Even while I'm sitting there suffering, I'm thinking "am I really withdrawing that badly or am I just psyching myself out." I'm a very cerebral person - my mind never stops - and I live alone, am kind of a "hermit" by nature, so it wouldn't be the first time I psyched myself out

I was just hoping at least one other person on here had experience taking h right after subs. Maybe I'll do a trip report tomorrow and see if that gets some feedback

I've noticed that the mental aspect to w/d, especially the fear of having to go through it, is a formidable specter. It can make your symptoms seem twice as bad as they are, or even prevent you from going through with it at all and maintaining the status quo. The mind is powerful.

I hear that - "anticipation of withdrawal is worse than withdrawal itself," or something like that. The whole time I'm just sitting there waiting for it to hit me - don't get me wrong, it's definitely there, I just don't think I'm giving the suboxone a fair chance to work. I think the h may just be getting me over the transition and then the sub is doing the rest - that's why once I get past the initial discomfort, I'm fine for a good 24 hours. If it were just the h, I would need more well before that point

I'm hoping the new doctor I'm going to Thursday can help answer some of my questions. I feel like the one I'm seeing now is just making sure I'm following the rules and handing me my scrip for the week. He doesn't seem very interested in actually discussing anything with me. In fact, when I asked the clinic I go to about talking to a counselor, they said that's only for the people that come dose every day, not those of us who get take home meds. While that may seem ideal to a lot of people, for someone like me who really wants to get to the root of their problem and get clean I don't think it's enough.

Only thing I can think of is just not waiting long enough , you will go into precipitated w/d if your not waiting long enough, which is what it sounds like by your description. 24hours but 36-48 to b safe. Everyone is diff n so is the rate at which they metabolize drugs . By doing h right after sub & then taking sub again the next day, your waiting 24 hours but obv seems to be not enough time. Hang in there buddy. I don't wish the w/d's I've experienced on anyone :/

u need to wait AT LEAST 24 hours - preferably 48-72hours. the bigger ur prior dose the longer u need to wait. and when u go into PWDs, u should be fine within a couple hours at the most. the bupe is basically ripping off any existing opiates remaining on ur receptors (from what i remember). and yes taking H while in PWDs should stop it, which it does for u. and when the H wears off, the subs should take over in theory.

and i can relate to psyching urself out over WDs symptoms. if u want to take ur subs but u know it might be too early.. leave ur house, go on a hike. do something where u dont have access for a few hours. i bet when u come back u still wont be WDing lol. just keep putting it off until ur actually in WDs.

I really appreciate the support. I actually woke up this morning feeling better than I've felt in months! I took 2mg and a very small shot (.1-.2) after I got out of the shower and I feel completely "normal" right now. I'm not even sure if the PW would have hit, but like I said I'm a big baby. Plus I have an extremely demanding job - I basically run the staffing company I work for and essentially never have a day off! So I can't afford to take a chance

I'm going to wait until I go to the new doctor tomorrow, so it'll be over 24 hours, and see what happens. It'll be the first time I take the subs under medical supervision, and as good as I feel this morning I'm hopeful everything will go smoothly and I can finally ditch the h!

And you're right, I definitely need to find ways to distract myself in the morning. I'm constantly trying to anticipate the WDs and probably acting too soon. Now that I've built the bupre up in my system for a few days I'm a lot more comfortable that I'm not going to go into PW. Also knowing that if I do, a little h will pull me right out of it. The mind really is a powerful thing!

btw it also takes a few days to transition onto the bupe. at least for me the first 2-3 days still suck mentally but there are no physical WDs

Yeah, I can honestly say today is the first day I've had with no issues with the bupre, so that gives me confidence. I took 4mg this morning on my way to work and another 4 mid afternoon at the office and felt fine all day. I think it's finally saturated my system enough to work properly. Plus I've been distracted and not freaking out about it not working!

i dont feel much when i use dope within 24 hours of using subutex.. shit even 36 hours.

but i dont get it..what is your goal? do you wanna stop using dope or what? if so, stop using dope for 24 hours. take your suboxone a really small dose just to ease the withdrawals. do that for no more than 5 days, and after that detox will be a breeze. you've only been using for 3 months

i'm trying to kick a 2 month dope binge. subutex didnt work for me, because it got me somewhat high and i cant have that. i need to kick being high completely. for some reason, cold turkey isnt working for me this time around at all i cant fucking make it past 24 hours. that why tomorrow or sunday when i go into detox i'm gonna use some loperamid. look that up, i hear it works miracles.

I feel dope 6 hours after subs BUT only if I've been IV'ing for at least 3 days