• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Colorado becomes second state to legalize “magic mushrooms”

wait, what state are you in btw? here in illinois, ketamine therapy is extremely expensive and no insurance covers it!
I don't know about them, but Colorado Medicaid will cover ketamine therapy without a copay (so free). I used to work for a ketamine clinic and it was an amazing experience.

I don't know about them, but Colorado Medicaid will cover ketamine therapy without a copay (so free). I used to work for a ketamine clinic and it was an amazing experience.

i have illinois medicaid. ketamine clinics told me its not yet covered by any insurance in fact. that was while ago, ill check again tho. i wonder if colorado can take my medicaid from here and use it there for free?? how much is it if its not covered by insurance? and how many threatments did you do??

i have illinois medicaid. ketamine clinics told me its not yet covered by any insurance in fact. that was while ago, ill check again tho. i wonder if colorado can take my medicaid from here and use it there for free?? how much is it if its not covered by insurance? and how many threatments did you do??
I looked into it over 5 years ago when ketamine was still considered experimental or whatever. This was before the nasal spray was FDA approved. The infusions were around $700 per session back then but I know it varied from place to place. I'm guessing it's cheaper now. Those sessions were about 45 minutes long.

I have pretty nasty PTSD, I've heard that shrooms can help. I've done every crazy thing except psychedelics so I'm A bit nervous about them anyway. Anyone have any experience?

I have pretty nasty PTSD, I've heard that shrooms can help. I've done every crazy thing except psychedelics so I'm A bit nervous about them anyway. Anyone have any experience?
I don't have PTSD that I know of but I have generalized anxiety and psychedelics are fine as long as the set and setting are right. The first time, you should have an experienced person with you. I wouldn't be out in public if I were you. I would start with a small dose of a milder psychedelic like mushrooms and go from there.

I don't have PTSD that I know of but I have generalized anxiety and psychedelics are fine as long as the set and setting are right. The first time, you should have an experienced person with you. I wouldn't be out in public if I were you. I would start with a small dose of a milder psychedelic like mushrooms and go from there.
So do you do it with a therapist now?

I really don't understand this opinion that mushrooms are somehow a 'mild' psychedelic. This is something I see time and time again on Bluelight. Psilocybin metabolises to psilocin which is 4-OH-DMT, and we all know that DMT should not be taken lightly.

LSD is like child's play when compared to psilocybin mushrooms. But the best thing about mushrooms is that the trip only lasts half as long and you have a good idea of what you're getting - unlike a tab of LSD with unknown dosage and purity.

Nah microdot was way before the 90s and were so small one could hardly tell if they hit the mouth or not. MDMA takes almost 100 mgs, already way larger than a microdot.

I believe them to be just acid but were more of a 70s 80s thing.
Hippie’s used to say “peace, pot and microdot”. It’s from the late 60’s.

I really don't understand this opinion that mushrooms are somehow a 'mild' psychedelic. This is something I see time and time again on Bluelight. Psilocybin metabolises to psilocin which is 4-OH-DMT, and we all know that DMT should not be taken lightly.

LSD is like child's play when compared to psilocybin mushrooms. But the best thing about mushrooms is that the trip only lasts half as long and you have a good idea of what you're getting - unlike a tab of LSD with unknown dosage and purity.
That and volume. You have more margin of error with mushrooms. You have to eat quite a lot vs dropping very small tabs on your tongue.

What a great thread! Imo this is a shining example of the potential to spread healing by forums such as this! I was glued to this thread from start to finish!

have you ever taken too much lsd? oh my god dude... i think it's hard to eat that many shrooms. lol. like maybe put a couple ounces in tea, but that's not really a common thing to do...

shrooms kind of make me feel drunk though, which i can i see not really liking... so i can see recommending lsd, less of a body load on small doses and if you are on large doses, you won't really be noticing how your body feels.

i was just reading this article from my internet homepage, it's not very good, but it got me to thinking... https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...sedgntp&cvid=41fddbb522074e319aa5e5648288161e

"Typically, prior to taking the drug at all, subjects participate in a number of preparatory sessions so that they understand a little bit about what is going to happen on an experimental session day.

And then subjects come into a room that looks very much like a comfortable living room, and they spend all day there. The drug is administered typically in the morning. For psilocybin, you’re looking at a six-hour dosing session, and for MDMA, an eight-hour dosing session.

You are in the company of a group of trained providers: therapists, psychedelic facilitators, psychiatrists and clinical research coordinators."

this living room shit sounds weird. i don't see why you couldn't go on a hike or whatever... like what if you just feel like curling up in a ball on the floor and ignored all the therapists and facilitators. are they going to give you shit to bring you down and then cancel your treatment or whatever worse drug you on anti-psychotics or some shit just for not talking to them through your trip... like if one of the facilitators was a hot girl, i'd probably be uncontrolably laughing my ass off. i don't know.

i've seriously been thinking about moving to calorado though because you can grow your own. i'm hoping my state will change at some point though. i don't really feel like i need any shrooms right now. so i'll see.

. A microdot was a 90’s thing. It’s ecstasy and acid together in one little pill
The only microdot I've come across was late 70s and was marketed as Mescaline.
Obviously it wasn't or it would have been a macrodot.
Pretty much a moot point since nothing really worked for me

it's cool that they will allow for home growing.

i don't recall oregon's measure having that in there. i think it was just in retreats/centers, and only synthetic psilocybin (if my memory is is correct)
I live in Oregon and you're correct... mushrooms are legal in retreats, clinics, etc, under "supervision", but not for recreational use. That being said, there are some really good quality shrooms grown here, consumed by us old hippies (and others, to be sure). I lived in one small village (much smaller than a town) where about half the people enjoyed shrooms, at least occasionally. And those people who didn't trip with us were cool about it. We had a saying... "old hippies don't die, they just move to [name of the village]".
I think it's amazing that it's legal anywhere to buy the spores of shrooms, but not to grow them. We bought some, legally, that were delivered via the mail.

Last edited:
Germany is going for nationwide legalization though. We still don't have that. The states that have legalized is a great start but we really haven't won yet.

For instance, I live in Illinois. Weed is legal here but, it is still considered illegal on the federal level so, a federal agent could sit in a dispensary parking lot and arrest every person that walks out. That would pretty much be a waste of time because they really wouldn't prosecute any of those people but, they still could be arrested.

Plus, employers can still drug test their employees and fire them for testing positive for marijuana. We have made a lot of progress but, until we have full federal legalization, we aren't there yet. Germany will probably get there before us.
Here in Oregon an employer can fire someone testing positive for marijuana. It doesn't seem right since it's totally legal... legal to buy and sell, grow, and consume.

That's nutty I live in a state that has not legalized but cannabis shops with delta 8, THC-A, CBD and others, the thc has to be a low percentage sooo all the flower is basically schwag weed that hurts ur throat and barely a "buzz" if any. The d8 gummies smack though..anyway I was job hunting and they stopped testing for thc because its legal to buy even though it doesn't do shit.

That's nutty I live in a state that has not legalized but cannabis shops with delta 8, THC-A, CBD and others, the thc has to be a low percentage sooo all the flower is basically schwag weed that hurts ur throat and barely a "buzz" if any. The d8 gummies smack though..anyway I was job hunting and they stopped testing for thc because its legal to buy even though it doesn't do shit.
Yeah, I just looked it up to be sure. The law was explained, including medicinal marijuana use...
"Medical marijuana: Employers may fire or discipline employees for testing positive for marijuana, even if the use was off duty and with a valid medical marijuana card."
I'm retired, but if you ask me, that's pretty fucked up. I could get smashed drunk on a Sunday night, go to work on Monday morning stinking like booze and so hung over I could barely do my job. That's OK. But God forbid if I smoke a joint on Sunday to legally treat a medical problem. That's how it is.

I need microdose shrooms.not tripping till i am hooked on painmed.Will get my chances late fall at the mountain meadows......last year didn't found anything.....not a single one....for the first time from decades.We see......who knows what would be......