• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cold-Water-Extraction. Harm-Reduction or just a waste of time and pill?

TumajNuri

Ex-Bluelighter
Hello everyone..

My pain-killing pills contain 20 mg of Codeine and 300 mg of Acetaminophen. It is believed that CWE is the easiest method to separate Acceta from opiate-based pain-relievers such as Codeine because aceta is known to be damaging to the liver in large doses.
Let me first explain how I do the extraction:

I pulverize 4 tablets (80mg of Codeine) into a fine powder. I dissolve the powder in a ½ cup of lukewarm mineral water. Then I stir the solution and place it in a freezer for about 30 minutes.

The result:
No particle is settled at the bottom of the glass. The solution doesn't even seem too cloudy as if Aceta and Codeine have been completely dissolved in the water.

Questions:
01. Have I done the CWE method in a wrong way?
02. Is it even necessary to do the CWE if you only need a small dose like 80mg of Codeine (and 1200 mg of Aceta) per day? (I'm just concerned about damaging my liver)

Hello everyone..

My pain-killing pills contain 20 mg of Codeine and 300 mg of Acetaminophen. It is believed that CWE is the easiest method to separate Acceta from opiate-based pain-relievers such as Codeine because aceta is known to be damaging to the liver in large doses.
Let me first explain how I do the extraction:

I pulverize 4 tablets (80mg of Codeine) into a fine powder. I dissolve the powder in a ½ cup of lukewarm mineral water. Then I stir the solution and place it in a freezer for about 30 minutes.

The result:
No particle is settled at the bottom of the glass. The solution doesn't even seem too cloudy as if Aceta and Codeine have been completely dissolved in the water.

Questions:
01. Have I done the CWE method in a wrong way?
02. Is it even necessary to do the CWE if you only need a small dose like 80mg of Codeine (and 1200 mg of Aceta) per day? (I'm just concerned about damaging my liver)

CWE is a waste of time for you IMO. Since you can take 4000mg of Acetaminophen safely you don't need to do it. And you will lose a small amount of the codeine in the process, too. As long as you don't take more then 13 pills a day, you're good :).

I've been curious to try this myself with some 5mg/325mg hydrocodone/APAP since acetaminophen seems to give me an upset stomach.

I'd think that higher doses (1000mg or more) over a long period of time might not be good for you even if you can take 4000mg in one day. I could be completely wrong though. Maybe a healthy liver can handle that just fine. If you're not sensitive to acetaminophen and you don't take these pills daily for super extended periods, you should be fine.

I've done a lot of reading about this because I was worried too. As others have said you'll be totally fine taking 1200mg acetaminophen in one dose unless you already have liver problems. Although you can take up to 4000mg per day, it's probably best not to stress your liver out by doing this too frequently. I started doing CWE when the dose I needed resulted in over 3000mg acetaminophen just to be safe. Just figured I'd add that in case you or anyone reading this wants to take a higher dose in future. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to troubleshoot your issues with the CWE but it doesn't really matter for the time being.

U should use half the amount of water and when performing CWE always be sure to actually measure the temperature, a lot of people assume just sticking it in the fridge will do it while in fact a lot of them are set to a possibility dangerously high temperature. Just something to be aware of. Performing CWE is the shit after all, if you're doing it at least be sure to do it properly.

I've eaten more percocet than I care to state and not caring about HR. Honestly I've been totally fine. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think people air on the side of paranoia--it's not like I'm eating thousands of milligrams of acetaminophen but I think it's only something to worry about long term and especially if you're taking large doses and expect to for a while. It's interesting how if you're taking a huge dose to get whooped how often you'll have to worry about the liver issues from the acetaminophen before the overdose factor from the opiates themselves kicks in sometimes. That might be an intentional design.

Can you ask your doctor about just switching to something cleaner like oxycodone in the same amount of milligrams without acetaminophen? If you don't want to deal with the CWE process, a lot of patients do complain about percocet to switch over to oxy and it's understandable and common to do so if you're a regular chronic pain patient.

I've eaten more percocet than I care to state and not caring about HR. Honestly I've been totally fine. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think people air on the side of paranoia--it's not like I'm eating thousands of milligrams of acetaminophen but I think it's only something to worry about long term and especially if you're taking large doses and expect to for a while. It's interesting how if you're taking a huge dose to get whooped how often you'll have to worry about the liver issues from the acetaminophen before the overdose factor from the opiates themselves kicks in sometimes. That might be an intentional design.

Can you ask your doctor about just switching to something cleaner like oxycodone in the same amount of milligrams without acetaminophen? If you don't want to deal with the CWE process, a lot of patients do complain about percocet to switch over to oxy and it's understandable and common to do so if you're a regular chronic pain patient.
Sometimes dissolving 4-5 boxes of pills in the glass of water and drinking it could be wrong, I've done it myself a number of times. I used to stick it in the fridge and ingest it, yes I am still alive. It's just that later I realised that the temperature might have been 15 Celsius or more, who knows and I haven't even thought about it at the time. So if you're determined on drinking all this stuff it would only make sense to sure that the temperature reading is available, it's not paranoia, I see it as common sense. Speaking of paranoia, man I don't even wanna think about in what state my liver could be now.

Sometimes dissolving 4-5 boxes of pills in the glass of water and drinking it could be wrong, I've done it myself a number of times. I used to stick it in the fridge and ingest it, yes I am still alive. It's just that later I realised that the temperature might have been 15 Celsius or more, who knows and I haven't even thought about it at the time. So if you're determined on drinking all this stuff it would only make sense to sure that the temperature reading is available, it's not paranoia, I see it as common sense. Speaking of paranoia, man I don't even wanna think about in what state my liver could be now.

Tbh I'm not super assertive on my opinions and when it comes to HR feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I just don't think that 1000-2000mg daily would be damaging for quite some time. Not at least like alcohol. The liver risk is just a reason why I don't think doctors should prescribe percocet to anyone who needs pain relief longer term. It's good for like a tooth pulling procedure or post-surgery transition periods for a bit but I don't know why doctors still prescribe percocet so frequently.

4-5 boxes?! You drink seed tea right? That'll make your tolerance sky high haha. All those alkloids in the tea can make heroin even look like a weak drug depending on how potent your tea is. I had a friend who drank seed tea daily for years... and his dealer called him up to ask him if he was alright after a couple of people had overdosed on a heroin batch the dealer sold to customers that week (nice dealer right? jk sorta). My friend was like "oh what? I didn't notice anything stronger." Ugh I wish I could handle seed tea. The withdrawal is just too strong. I know I'd just be drinking it everyday and obliterate my entire life lolol.

It needs to be pointed out that the recommended maximum dosage of 4000mg/day should be spread out evenly over the course of the day, not taken in one dose. Also, it's not safe to consume this amount on a daily basis for prolonged periods.

Therefore, you need to master CWE if you want to preserve your liver as codeine tolerance rises quickly and you'll soon need more than it is safe to take by just swallowing the tablets.

First you need to understand the principles behind performing a CWE. These are:

Codeine phosphate is very soluble in water, whereas paracetamol is not. I'm struggling to find the exact figures atm, but 10 - 20ml of water at 20 degrees Celsius is enough to dissolve your required dose of codeine. It is impossible to dissolve enough paracetamol in this amount of water to do you any harm.

There is no point using warm water then putting in the freezer because all you're doing is dissolving paracetamol then trying to precipitate it out. Just use cold water from the outset. It's a damn sight quicker and just as effective.

It needs to be pointed out that the recommended maximum dosage of 4000mg/day should be spread out evenly over the course of the day, not taken in one dose. Also, it's not safe to consume this amount on a daily basis for prolonged periods.

Therefore, you need to master CWE if you want to preserve your liver as codeine tolerance rises quickly and you'll soon need more than it is safe to take by just swallowing the tablets.

First you need to understand the principles behind performing a CWE. These are:

Codeine phosphate is very soluble in water, whereas paracetamol is not. I'm struggling to find the exact figures atm, but 10 - 20ml of water at 20 degrees Celsius is enough to dissolve your required dose of codeine. It is impossible to dissolve enough paracetamol in this amount of water to do you any harm.

There is no point using warm water then putting in the freezer because all you're doing is dissolving paracetamol then trying to precipitate it out. Just use cold water from the outset. It's a damn sight quicker and just as effective.
Paraceatomal is harmless I thought everyone knew right? Yes op it is a waste of time. At least if your a lizard person like fubar and shady

4-5 boxes?! You drink seed tea right? That'll make your tolerance sky high haha. All those alkloids in the tea can make heroin even look like a weak drug depending on how potent your tea is. I had a friend who drank seed tea daily for years... and his dealer called him up to ask him if he was alright after a couple of people had overdosed on a heroin batch the dealer sold to customers that week (nice dealer right? jk sorta). My friend was like "oh what? I didn't notice anything stronger." Ugh I wish I could handle seed tea. The withdrawal is just too strong. I know I'd just be drinking it everyday and obliterate my entire life lolol.
Seed tea I drink... haven't we been on about this on another thread? Yeah it seems very true that tolerance skyrockets on seeds which imo makes them not very addictive in their own right.

I would never drink CWEs again though it's so gross. I tried plugging it as well and ended up with blood coming out of my anus ever since.

Last edited:
Seed tea I drink... haven't we been on about this on another thread? Yeah it seems very true that tolerance skyrockets on seeds which imo makes them not very addictive in their own right.

I would never drink CWEs again though it's so gross. I tried plugging it as well and ended up with blood coming out of my anus ever since.

Yes we have :) This is where HR becomes a little bit fuzzy. Because people have the information what seems available to consume substances via different methods, they assume that there is no longer any risk at all. Are you still having problems with that? You should see a doctor! IV'ing drugs and plugging them does take a bit of knowledge and exp and even then it can go wrongly. We're not taught how to administer substances via other methods since we're supposed to just orally consume them so there is still a lack of proper info on how to do them unless you have a pro show you but needle use is very frowned upon

CWE isn't hazardous so there's no risk involved besides potentially blowing the high but whatever

Yes we have :) This is where HR becomes a little bit fuzzy. Because people have the information what seems available to consume substances via different methods, they assume that there is no longer any risk at all. Are you still having problems with that? You should see a doctor! IV'ing drugs and plugging them does take a bit of knowledge and exp and even then it can go wrongly. We're not taught how to administer substances via other methods since we're supposed to just orally consume them so there is still a lack of proper info on how to do them unless you have a pro show you but needle use is very frowned upon

CWE isn't hazardous so there's no risk involved besides potentially blowing the high but whatever
Unfortunately it doesn't even make much sense to me to go see a doctor or whatever because of it right now, because I know what has caused it and I obviously don't value my life enough to begin with. I like to think of it as somewhat funny now, but this is a HR and I am bringing it up here with HR in mind.

Last edited:
Now that you mentioned it I remember the last time I've taken possibly dangerous amount of APAP from pills, it was five or six solpadeine soluble pills it could have been more like 10 I can't remember. I just dissolved them in a glass of water without bothering to perform a CWE.

What's kinda scary looking back on it is that no solid matter was in there, everything was disolved, if I'm not wrong each of these pills is containing 1000 mg acetaminophen, so I probably ingested like 5 to 10 grams at once. I feel I should go see a doctor because of that.

Caution and proper procedure when performing CWE should be advised.