• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cold turkey from 6mg sub/day, can kratom help?

Jaykuhb

Greenlighter
So I’ve been taking 12mg/day of Suboxone for almost 17 months now. I don’t like the side effects and just overall done being on it.
I’ve cut down to 6mg/day in the last 6 weeks, but the thought of going through this long taper process seems daunting as I’m mentally just done with taking it.
In fact- I was even prescribed the medicine bc I was having ongoing opiate cravings from years old oxy addiction when I was in my first few months of alcohol sobriety (bc I switched pans from Percocet to alcohol)

But my question is, how long should I wait to take my first kratom dose? It’s been 67 hours since last dose of SUBOXONE.
I’ve taken Kratom before- at most 6 months everyday @ 5 grams twice per day = 10 grams/day. I found a 4-6 gram dose to be the sweet spot, but these days since being on subs I’m afraid of it interfering and sending me into further precipitated WD even though I’ve been in WD for last 42 hours.

I plan on using one dose every 36 hours for the next 10-12 days and then stop the kratom.

Thank y’all

Last edited:
Kratom will not cause precip withdrawals from bupe or any other opioid, it's affinity is too low. You don't have to worry about that.

But I would wait as long as possible anyways, as this is good practice and will help you detox faster.

Kratom would definitely help, at least at night to sleep. If you can make it throughout the day and only dose at night would be optimal.

You got this 👍

Last edited:
Kratom will not cause precip withdrawals from bupe or any other opioid, it's affinity is too low. You don't have to worry about that.

But I would wait as long as possible anyways, as this is good practice and will help you detox faster.

Kratom would definitely help, at least at night to sleep. If you can make it throughout the day and only dose at night would be optimal.

You got this 👍
Hey much appreciated. Thank you. Have a good day

You got this 👍
Yeah good call with saving it for nights. I’ll do that.

A little update. Took a 3 gram dose, got relief for 1 hour from WD symptoms, but then by 2 hours I was back to where I started. I have a feeling kratom is going to give me very short spurts of relief when I do decide to use it.
Almost 90 hours in, sleep is the worst. The tossing and turning and hot flashes and chills. My toes feel like the keys of a writer’s typewriter.
And trying to sleep on the floor versus the bed helps a little because the pressure feels good and it’s a bit cooler on the carpet compared to bed.
Any tips, any suggestions on how to get through the next several days of physical withdrawal would be a godsend.

Try upping the dose, 3 grams isn't very much. Have you considered using extracts?

Bigger doses will last longer. There is a metabolization rate limit for kratom.

there is a lot of very low quality kratom on the market, did you get yours from a smoke shop?

Try upping the dose, 3 grams isn't very much. Have you considered using extracts?

Bigger doses will last longer. There is a metabolization rate limit for kratom.

there is a lot of very low quality kratom on the market, did you get yours from a smoke shop?
I did get it from a

I did 4 grams of Green this morning 90 minutes ago. Brought me some relief similar to 5mg hydro dose and it lasts 45 minutes. Smoke shop quality, but I’ve never done the research to know where I should order online from.
If you have any direction on where to find a good source give me a holler.
Other than the obvious WD symptoms, I’m happy I’m trying to kick it. Subs seem to intensify my depression and make my back pain worse so it’s just not for me
I’m also going to try playing some video games and read. I only have so much patience for TV. This morning trying to sleep was wicked. Thanks again for your time!