• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codine dosage

kenlee

Bluelighter
I used to be on 15mg tabs but now on 30mg tabs and two of those 60mg doesn't do much for me anymore, wondering if I can I safely try 90 or 120mg or is that risky? The label says 60mg every 6 hours so I don't know.

The 'safe' ceiling is a lot higher than that. I'm NOT saying to go and do this, but I personally would feel confident to take 500mg and I dont have any tolerance at the moment. I'm sure it would make me feel sick as a dog and itch unbearably though.

For pure pain just increase your dose with a third of each dose roughly but this will cause more of a tolerance and so you will raise it again, endless struggle. maybe look at other ways to help alleviate pain with your dosages as they are.

I decided to have 60mg codeine and then a few hits on some herb and now I can’t feel anything other than glowing. Before I took this today my leg went crack and the pain was about a 9 out of 10 and now it’s a 1 I don’t like having two different-drugs together but I just needed to stop hurting so bad

if its to get high then300mg is the sweet spot where you get best effects without it being dangerous i wouldn't go over that and avoid redoing is its for pain tho just take 60 mg every 5 hours or so

I decided to have 60mg codeine and then a few hits on some herb and now I can’t feel anything other than glowing. Before I took this today my leg went crack and the pain was about a 9 out of 10 and now it’s a 1 I don’t like having two different-drugs together but I just needed to stop hurting so bad

Have you tried just the green on its own? It is a very effective painkiller itself I have found.

That said you are on a very low dose of codeine so if you can stay on 60mg and combine it with weed for effective pain relief you're in a pretty good spot.

For reference when I take codeine I use a minimum of 200mg... so yeah 60mg is very low, if you are looking to avoid tolerance and addiction then you're being sensible sticking to 60mg and using weed on top.

It's very good the weed helps your pain so much, definitely prioritise that over the codeine to avoid issues with addiction and tolerance down the line.

Its not uncommon to see people taking doses of 500-600mg for recreation. I can still take 500mg without too many negative side effects, although I have to take an antihistamine at those doses or it becomes unbearable.

I used to love tramadol but I switched to codeine, I was ok 15mg and it’s gone up. Weed with codeine really does wonders for the pain, weed on its own can take the edge off of it but not as much as the two together.