• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine (Tramadol) Taper

Good luck man, you know what you're doing, and the worst is over. I had lyrica for a while and it was just absolutely not for me. I may have just had a bad reaction to in with my other meds but damn.. my WD go to in gabapentin, so basically the same kind of thing. I'm glad you're able to sleep, that's so important/great, fight the craving, try stepping out of your comfort zone!

Good luck man, you know what you're doing, and the worst is over. I had lyrica for a while and it was just absolutely not for me. I may have just had a bad reaction to in with my other meds but damn.. my WD go to in gabapentin, so basically the same kind of thing. I'm glad you're able to sleep, that's so important/great, fight the craving, try stepping out of your comfort zone!

Thanks again. This really helps. The barbers was shut so no haircut. Feel absolutely normal now. Had some loperamide. Legs are fine. Just normal. No joy or anything. Just normal. We'll see how bedtime is then...

Hi mate,

I've been in your boat and agree with poster above that its the psychological "symptoms" (are they given to you or created?) that suck.

I am 19 days clean today. There has been improvement, but it is slow mate. Its week on week not day on day.

You (we!) can do it. We have to.

Hi mate,

I've been in your boat and agree with poster above that its the psychological "symptoms" (are they given to you or created?) that suck.

I am 19 days clean today. There has been improvement, but it is slow mate. Its week on week not day on day.

You (we!) can do it. We have to.

Well done. You have done extremely well to get that far. Onwards and upwards.

I can relate I have a completely addictive personality, started with music, then onto music with weed, then... dozens of drugs later... here! Good luck to you too, you're right you have to do it. Don't think you can now do a bit of opiates for fun and then stop again. You have come a massive way. 19 days is awesome. Keep it up. :)

It's the combining music with drugs that I have to separate mentally. I might sign up for CBT for this.

Last night I had 30mg Mirtazipine and some DXM (only a little in the cough medicine I have for a genuine cough), slept like a baby. Woke up early about 4.30-5am. This is normal as I get up for work usually between 5 and 5.30am. I felt comfortable. I could feel the softness of the bed, no anxiety or nothing. Had a rollup and 150mg of Lyrica, my normal GAD dose and went back to sleep.

Today I feel good. I can type normally. I can smoke without it winding me up, no back sweats after a hot bath. Even pooing normally, despite the Lope yesterday. Thinking isn't totally clear, but I have been on Mirtazipine the last few nights and a shit load of Lyrica.

Not out of the woods physically yet I bet, but now at least I can get on with the work I need to do finally.

Just my two pence worth of advice

200mg tramadol isn't very high
i was on 100mg daily, I swapped 100mg for 30mg codeine otc
and over the corse of a week I went down to 15mg and then stopped and didn't notice any bad withdrawal
i wouldn't have taken codeine for along coz of withdrawal.

tramadol withdrawal is nasty, so was the side effects I had on it so now I just have codeine
having said that I take my for my bad knees.

Just my two pence worth of advice

200mg tramadol isn't very high
i was on 100mg daily, I swapped 100mg for 30mg codeine otc

Yes you're right. It is low.

Since Thursday I have been feeling fine, but today my throat is sore and ears aching, probably the Lyrica that went up my nose.
Just 300mg Lyrica today. My cold is awful, but otherwise good.

No Mirtazipine last night or the night before and got to sleep very quickly.

Tonight will be a week since any opiates / opioids. :)

Last edited:
9 days in. Cut down the Lyrica and have not been taking the Mirtazipine at bed.

My cold is worse and I think I now have an ear infection. My ear is killing me.

Had a job interview today which went well. Back to teaching tomorrow. Can't wait to get up at 5.15am not!

Two weeks tomorrow no opiates.

Cold has gone. Even have some days when I don't even think of opiates. Still needing more Lyrica than before for the anxiety... may have upped my tolerance on this one. I have an anxiety disorder anyway which the Lyrica is prescribed for and hope my prescription might slip through a bit early when I hand it in, or I won't need to ideally anyway. I have self-medicated for the anxiety for years before I was put through a string of antidepressants etc for it until I finally got to Lyrica which works wonders. When I first wake up and when I am nearing bedtime is when the anxiety really hits me. When I was on codeine or tramadol I wouldn't need the Lyrica. I'm not taking anywhere near as much as on the first week of wd, so gonna try and keep skipping doses until I am back to 150 to 300mg of Lyrica a day, my prescribed dose.

Some minor leg aches and mini RLS left over, but that's it. Starting to feel joy when playing music a little too which is a result.

Onwards and upwards.

Hopefully this will be my last post in this thread and there won't be a new Lyrica related one. ;)

Edit: Oh and thank you to everyone who replied or read this. If it wasn't for this thread I would have caved. :) :) :)

Also, if you're reading this in the hopes of doing a taper or wd, then start a thread, it really helps to go and write an update instead of re-dosing with your DOC.

Last edited:
Back again

Recently quit a zydol/opiode on Friday. Last dose before work. Plied up on extra pregabalin before the pub and three beers later somehow made the bus home. I?ve managed to get the opiates down to 50mg morning and 50 mg nights but have been blasting my way through the pregabalin to manage. I?d had a few codeine feel earring up to this so I?d have enough zydol to see me through to my break.

After a non eventful blue lotus tea I downed some kava. Toss and wash. This made my arthritis tolerable and gave me a nod. Read a lot and listened to podcasts. I?d not taken the pregabalin which is prescribed for anxiety and despite constant redosong of kava till bedtime awoke me for my morning dose. An hour later my anxiety is gone but a kava hangover is not.

I finish the kava and retreat back to bed. Finding 100mg of tramadol, the drug I?m quitting. It?s Wednesday now and no wds so that gives me a couple more hours of sleep. My new pillows bringing an awkward sleep.

Having no more kava I take 15mg of zolpidem. Metallic taste more tolerable than the kava toss or wash or codeine cwe I hope to sleep through my previous days aches and sores from spending so long in bed. It?s dusk. I have more for the darkness ahead but find typing on z much more enjoyable than pushing through the kava fog of the previous day.

My friend has texted me to go out. Ambien and alcohol sound a risk. Especially as a hangover with only z?s instead of my faithful tramadol to ease me back seems a perfect excuse to go get codeine.

I want off of opiates and then off of pregabalin. One at a time. Although a tramadol prescription for my arthritis might be a way of legitimising my use. Restless legs no. Vomiting no. Diahreor no. Pain yes. The kava worked but is unavailable and clouds my mind.

Legitimate opiates might be the way but I want to have my full vocabulary back at the tip of my eloquent tongue which has been held back by my mushy brain.

No real wd though. Just the boredom of otherwise being straight

I think for most of us being straight s just to boring ...so we do what we gotta do ��

If I had an unlimited supply of codeine I would be the happiest bear in the world