• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids codeine itching!!!!’

esk3t

Greenlighter
i’m taking 5-7 codeine phosphate 30mg at a time and i feel amazing slow and happy and tired but so itchy but scratching feels really good so
i’m not sure if i wanna get rid of the itchiness but if i do what antihistamine would work the best and should i take it at the same time, before or after? is diphenhydramine any good for it

Ywah you fould try taking benadryl or another antihistamine like promethazine I think promethazine might potentiate the codeine though so if youre taking super high doses I would exercise caution with that

I also find the itches to be somewhat pleasurable, but they do lessen with tolerance, and yeah as stated above 25-50mg of DPH will lessen the itches and can also potentiate the high by making you a little more drowsy and nod easier.

What happens when you take Diphenhydramine with Codeine is that it could actually make the itching worse.

There is one antihistamine that will relieve opiate itching and that's Hydroxyzine, but you need a prescription for that.

Another good Antihistamine to control Opiate itching is Promethazine, but it's hard to get a prescription for that. So, if you want to stop the Opiate itching the two best medications for that is either Hydroxyzine or Promethazine. Any over the counter antihistamine's will just make it worse because there ment for allergies not opiate itch.