• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine CWE during Buprenorphine

CottonAndGuns

Greenlighter
How do.

I was just put on Buprenorphine a few days back. It's a medium sized dose according to the pharmacist (am I okay to give out numbers here?). I have to take the Buprenorphine dissolvable tablet every day supervised by a pharmacist. I get it, that's okay. But they're closed on Sunday and so they gave me Sundays today to take home.

I waited a while and nothing happened. I've been in pretty bad withdrawals since switching to buprenorphine but everyone involved told me about tritiation and on the 3rd day I should feel great! well no it didn't work. I'm still massively withdrawing into a crumpled mess. I took the second and this is now hours later and it still hasn't worked. I thought about suffering through it but too many negative family things are happening so my mind isn't in a strong place.

I was thinking about doing a CWE tomorrow to replace the buprenorphine. Is that something physically possible? Would I need to do my usual amount or should I lower it?

(My plan is to switch to a pharmacy in a supermarket, the kind that's open on Sundays so I won't be able to do this again :))

Thanks for reading. I hope you all have a nice as hell day. Take care! :)

What's up Cotton? Welcome to the forums first of all. We are sincerely happy to have you. Although, I'm sorry to hear that your medication is not working for you. First, I assume you have talked to your MD already, but that's step one. You may require a higher dose. What was your habit approximately prior to beginning the Bupe and how much are they giving you?

There is typically a little bit of pain during the induction phase. It sucks, but you should start to balance out around the 5 day mark provided you're being accurately medicated, which, given your reported symptoms is dubious in my mind.

Attempting to use Codeine for withdrawal relief following a few days of Buprenorphine induction is a fool's errand man. It won't touch you and that money would be better spent on things that might actually make you feel better, say, Cannabis. I see no point in doing the CWE or attempting it, unless the placebo effect is a major facet of your thought process ;)

Any questions, hit me up man.

What's up Cotton? Welcome to the forums first of all. We are sincerely happy to have you. Although, I'm sorry to hear that your medication is not working for you. First, I assume you have talked to your MD already, but that's step one. You may require a higher dose. What was your habit approximately prior to beginning the Bupe and how much are they giving you?

There is typically a little bit of pain during the induction phase. It sucks, but you should start to balance out around the 5 day mark provided you're being accurately medicated, which, given your reported symptoms is dubious in my mind.

Attempting to use Codeine for withdrawal relief following a few days of Buprenorphine induction is a fool's errand man. It won't touch you and that money would be better spent on things that might actually make you feel better, say, Cannabis. I see no point in doing the CWE or attempting it, unless the placebo effect is a major facet of your thought process ;)

Any questions, hit me up man.
Hello Keif! Thank you for your post, it's very nice.

Sooo. My drugs worker told me due to the half life of this it should be the 3rd day where I see improvements. But today is the worst one yet. I'm just feeling mild opiate withdrawal symptoms. Well, all of them but not in a massive way. My skin is flushing hot and cold, I'm sweating in moving places, my mood is low and hopeless. I've halved my previous dependency (DHC) in the past and didn't feel this, it was only when I quartered it that it got this bad. Yet they converted my 1200mg DHC/day dependency into 8mg bupe.

I've prepped the CWE but I'm still unsure about taking it. I don't necessarily want to get high - but that would be nice. I just want these WDS to stop as I'm going out of my mind here. Cannabis is a no-go, I don't have access to it and the times I did have it made me paranoid :(

My fear is that the codeine will actually cause the reverse effect to happen, that it will somehow make the WDS even worse. Is that possible? I don't mind if nothing happens. Cocodamols and CWE are cheap as all hell (I get a discount due to a family connection thing). So with that in mind, I've read other people taking opiates whilst on bupe and I noticed they seem to recommend taking a large dose. My CWE is just 200mg but can make more if necessary.

The codeine is unlikely to do much as 8mg bupe is way way more equivalently.
it sounds like you may need to go up on the bupe, or just wait it out another couple of days until you adjust to the new medication.

If you take the codeine, it will most likely do nothing, but it may set you back a bit depending on how long they waited to induct you.

How long did you wait from your last dose of DHC did you wait to start the bupe?

Don't do the codeine. Continue to drink lots of water and eat and keep taking your bupe! I promise it will get better soon. You WILL balance out on the buprenorphine.

Hey all I know it's been a while but just wanted to say the CWE worked a bit. Gave me a small boost but that was a while ago. I had a couple more CWE's and always in crazy high amounts (3 packs of cocodamol so theoretically 768mg codeine). The last CWE was a week ago. I've only had the bupe now. They raised my dose after I confessed to taking a CWE due to the bupe not working. They were understanding.

A follow up! So, I get given my sunday bupe dose to take with me on saturday. Curious to see if an increased dose would do me any help I decided to take the Sunday dose just minutes after the saturday one. It didn't help so that was good to know. I figured I can just do a CWE on Sunday morning when I'd normally take the bupe. Therefore it's 24 hours after my last bupe and 24 hours until my next = a good time!

I CWE'd 64 pills into ~512mg codeine. It was crystal clear. My previous CWE was when I was still taking codeine. So this one would be my first in 16 days. The last one I did 16 days ago was 3 packets worth, 50% more than this one, and the effect was minimal. I thought that the bupe dose was enough that codeine would do nothing for me now.

Oh boy.

I drank the CWE in the morning. 30 mins later I was coming up real nice like. Very warm, comfortable, everythings a-okay. 35 minutes later and my scalp starts to itch. I scratch it. My hand starts to itch. Moments later my face is actually swelling up. I have hayfever so I have lots of fexofenodine to hand (would always kill hayfever dead for me). I take one. 15 mins later nothing. I read up on fexofenodine. Apparently one can take hundreds of tablets and be safe, so I take another one. I run into the shower figuring if I have it set to boiling hot that would act as an all-over scratch.

It worked as intended but once the temperature subsided I'm now itchy all over. I get out the shower. Take more eyedrops, nasal sprays. I take another antihistamine of a different family (certizine?). Hours later and the histamine attack subsides but my face is still swollen. My wife gets back from work and says I look totally different. The next day (today) I went in for my bupe and the pharmacist didn't recognise me ... so that was fun!

When I did get my bupe my mood massively jolted upright. So! It might be a bad thing to recommend but I'll be doing this again next week. Take my bupe a day early then CWE the next day. I think the timing is right there. But next time I'll have my antihistamine BEFORE anything else. (just posting this for other people in my situation to find. I couldn't find much on this topic during my initial searches)

Seriously? You will take codeine again after what happened? They just increased your dose so why don't you see how you feel with your medicine? Did you decide to go on bupe or did they force you? It sounds like you didn't do it with your own will. Good luck, be safe.

Codeine is like baby aspirin compared to Buprenorphine. It sounds more like you are using this thread as a journal to document drug use and not actually taking advice. We all are going to tell you not to bother with the Codeine, and you will do it anyway. After the reaction last time I cannot see why you would do this but then again who am I to judge.

All you said is Bupe. What does this mean? Are you on Suboxone? Subutex? What? And what dosage? When Bupe is converted to norbuprenorphine it is a much stronger opioid than Codeine and it happens in low doses. Your doctor probably upped your dose because that's what doctors do for addicts. They had me on 16MG which absolutely saturates every opioid receptor making anything you take useless.

In low doses, it will be converted. I recommend taking 0.5MG of the Bupe and waiting an hour. If you don't get desired effects take the same dose 2 hours after initial dose. We all metabolize differently but anything under 2MG will convert and have an actual opioid effect, much more potent than Codeine. 24 hours is not long enough to fully wipe your receptors anyway and that ungodly dose of Codeine should be left alone man. Wishing you the best.

Codeine would just be a waste. Weed helps and if you can get clonidine it will help with the skin burning hell

Codeine is like baby aspirin compared to Buprenorphine. It sounds more like you are using this thread as a journal to document drug use and not actually taking advice. We all are going to tell you not to bother with the Codeine, and you will do it anyway. After the reaction last time I cannot see why you would do this but then again who am I to judge.

All you said is Bupe. What does this mean? Are you on Suboxone? Subutex? What? And what dosage? When Bupe is converted to norbuprenorphine it is a much stronger opioid than Codeine and it happens in low doses. Your doctor probably upped your dose because that's what doctors do for addicts. They had me on 16MG which absolutely saturates every opioid receptor making anything you take useless.

In low doses, it will be converted. I recommend taking 0.5MG of the Bupe and waiting an hour. If you don't get desired effects take the same dose 2 hours after initial dose. We all metabolize differently but anything under 2MG will convert and have an actual opioid effect, much more potent than Codeine. 24 hours is not long enough to fully wipe your receptors anyway and that ungodly dose of Codeine should be left alone man. Wishing you the best.

Couldn't have said it better myself! I'm curious though, is that true about taking <2mg Buprenorphine that it converts and has a stronger opioid effect than taking higher doses? I know it has a ceiling effect in terms of a high, but after a period of abstinence I took 8mg and got pretty fucked up. I might be going back on Suboxone again due to chronic pain and not being able to get into pain management or get anything else rx'd by doctors, should I try taking tiny doses like that when I feel like wanting a little more euphoria and analgesia?

How do.

I was just put on Buprenorphine a few days back. It's a medium sized dose according to the pharmacist (am I okay to give out numbers here?). I have to take the Buprenorphine dissolvable tablet every day supervised by a pharmacist. I get it, that's okay. But they're closed on Sunday and so they gave me Sundays today to take home.

I waited a while and nothing happened. I've been in pretty bad withdrawals since switching to buprenorphine but everyone involved told me about tritiation and on the 3rd day I should feel great! well no it didn't work. I'm still massively withdrawing into a crumpled mess. I took the second and this is now hours later and it still hasn't worked. I thought about suffering through it but too many negative family things are happening so my mind isn't in a strong place.

I was thinking about doing a CWE tomorrow to replace the buprenorphine. Is that something physically possible? Would I need to do my usual amount or should I lower it?

(My plan is to switch to a pharmacy in a supermarket, the kind that's open on Sundays so I won't be able to do this again :))

Thanks for reading. I hope you all have a nice as hell day. Take care! :)
Don't worry, you can specify your dosage.What you can't do is talk about prices. Obviously if you want some help from us, we need more details such as your current Bupe dosage, All the info you can provide about your past addiction, such as Drug of Choice(DOC), Frequency of use, doses, how many times were u using and route of administration( oral, insufflation, Intravenous, Intramuscular, etc). Welcome to BL by the way. :) NZN

Codeine would just be a waste. Weed helps and if you can get clonidine it will help with the skin burning hell
IMO, weed makes withdrawals more pronunciated. It intensifies the nasty symptoms, well that's my case. I've heard about ppl that cannabis calms em' down during wds, but for me is the opposite(makes me feel more aware of the symptoms, intensifies them and idk it makes time dilate in my case). every minute of wds feels like 1 hr of excrutiating pain for me when i smoke weed doesn't help at all. Benzos, gabapentin, clonidine,loperamide are better comfort meds.

IMO, weed makes withdrawals more pronunciated. It intensifies the nasty symptoms, well that's my case. I've heard about ppl that cannabis calms em' down during wds, but for me is the opposite(makes me feel more aware of the symptoms, intensifies them and idk it makes time dilate in my case). every minute of wds feels like 1 hr of excrutiating pain for me when i smoke weed doesn't help at all. Benzos, gabapentin, clonidine,loperamide are better comfort meds.

Same here. Sammmmmeeeee fucking here. It makes everything worse for me, although it does help with nausea and appetite quite well. Some people it helps though so it just depends I guess.

I agree with your comfort med recommendations except I would also add in Kava Kava, Kratom (I literally can't survive some wd's without Kratom, it cuts my symptoms in half at least, literally a life saver for an opiate addict), L-Theanine, and CBD. And if you can't get benzos or Gabapentin then Phenibut can help some, as long as you don't take it for more than a couple days a week at a time.

Same here. Sammmmmeeeee fucking here. It makes everything worse for me, although it does help with nausea and appetite quite well. Some people it helps though so it just depends I guess.

I agree with your comfort med recommendations except I would also add in Kava Kava, Kratom (I literally can't survive some wd's without Kratom, it cuts my symptoms in half at least, literally a life saver for an opiate addict), L-Theanine, and CBD. And if you can't get benzos or Gabapentin then Phenibut can help some, as long as you don't take it for more than a couple days a week at a time.
Well, different countries. different comfort meds. I can get benzos OTC in my country, there's no clonidine in here( i live in Peru, SouthaMEHrica) and gaba that's also OTC here. Well yeah weed makes everything worse but i'm curious about CBD oil i think that would actually would help a lot. It's got all the medicinal properties of weed without the mental high/aspect. mhmhmm interesting, Let's see how my kick goes these days. Stay safe Bud.
NZN

Well, different countries. different comfort meds. I can get benzos OTC in my country, there's no clonidine in here( i live in Peru, SouthaMEHrica) and gaba that's also OTC here. Well yeah weed makes everything worse but i'm curious about CBD oil i think that would actually would help a lot. It's got all the medicinal properties of weed without the mental high/aspect. mhmhmm interesting, Let's see how my kick goes these days. Stay safe Bud.
NZN
You can get benzos OTC in Peru? ? That's crazy awesome. Do you have access to Kratom there? I swear by it for opiate wd's and minor maintenance. Also yes, CBD is quite beneficial, for wd's and other things. It helps you relax, sleep, etc etc which is essential when going through all those damn achey bullshit wd's. I always keep some on hand.

What else can you get OTC in Peru? Any opioids or stimulants? God I hate the US, can't even fucking get Sudafed OTC anymore, fascist twatwaffles.

You can get benzos OTC in Peru? ? That's crazy awesome. Do you have access to Kratom there? I swear by it for opiate wd's and minor maintenance. Also yes, CBD is quite beneficial, for wd's and other things. It helps you relax, sleep, etc etc which is essential when going through all those damn achey bullshit wd's. I always keep some on hand.

What else can you get OTC in Peru? Any opioids or stimulants? God I hate the US, can't even fucking get Sudafed OTC anymore, fascist twatwaffles.
I could get kratom i think through the internet, CBD i can get but it's quite expensive in here. And to respond your other question well....It's not really OTC.....but i can get through the black market almost any Scheduled Medication such as Fentanyl vials, Ketamine Vials, Midazolam Vials, Morphine vials, Oxycodone 20 mg, Tramadol tablets, Tramadol ampoules, etc etc.... You name it, i can get all those meds for a fairly cheap price, and they aren't FAKES they are all legit medication. You would actually be surprised how cheap i can get em...xddd It's a blessing and a curse at the same time to live in this country. Oh and our Bestseller around the world, cheap good quality coke. lol NZN

I could get kratom i think through the internet, CBD i can get but it's quite expensive in here. And to respond your other question well....It's not really OTC.....but i can get through the black market almost any Scheduled Medication such as Fentanyl vials, Ketamine Vials, Midazolam Vials, Morphine vials, Oxycodone 20 mg, Tramadol tablets, Tramadol ampoules, etc etc.... You name it, i can get all those meds for a fairly cheap price, and they aren't FAKES they are all legit medication. You would actually be surprised how cheap i can get em...xddd It's a blessing and a curse at the same time to live in this country. Oh and our Bestseller around the world, cheap good quality coke. lol NZN

Oh my lawdddddd, can I please come live with you? ? Or visit at least? I AM SO JEALOUS. I'm sure it's not all drugs and fun down there but I'd rather have easy access to the meds I need and deal with other country related BS than vice versa. Have you ever tried Kratom? I can send you some if you'd like, I'm a huge advocate of it.

Oh my lawdddddd, can I please come live with you? ? Or visit at least? I AM SO JEALOUS. I'm sure it's not all drugs and fun down there but I'd rather have easy access to the meds I need and deal with other country related BS than vice versa. Have you ever tried Kratom? I can send you some if you'd like, I'm a huge advocate of it.
hahaha, you're not the first person in this forum that says the same to me xddddd. A lot of ppl want a Narcotics Tour on the streets of Lima with nznity lollll xd I have never tried kratom actually, always been interested in that particular substance. Your proposal sounds interesting mhmmm maybe that would keep me away from banging pharmaceutical grade Morphine. :)