• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine cough syrup

ladycodeine

Greenlighter
I am currently taking tramadol for pain but I prefer codeine but doctors in the uk seem reluctant to prescribe other opiates so from time to time I use OTC codeine and paracetamol

more recently I discovered Codeine cough syrup

it claims to have: [h=3]Active ingredient:[/h]
  • Codine phosphate 15mg
[h=3]Also contains:[/h]
  • Ethanol
  • Sunset yellow dye (E110)
  • Sodium methyl
  • Ethyl
  • Propyl parahydroxybenzoates (E219, E215, E217)
I am wondering what dosage is safe to take for someone with no tolerance?
claims to have 15mg codeine per 5ml

i am am not sure if the other ingredients are harmful

any advice would be appreciated

15 mg is half a tylonal 3, which is the smallest dose prescribed in the state. 15 mgs should be fine.

Yeah the ingredients listed are safe to take.
Ethanol is used in low concentrations to dissolve codeine, sodium methyl is a food additive, and propyl parahydroxybenzoates is a natural food preservative.

But 15mg codeine won't do anything for pain management.

Have you tested your codeine to see if you have any adverse allergic reactions? Or if you're an ultra rapid metabolizer?

Yeah the ingredients listed are safe to take.
Ethanol is used in low concentrations to dissolve codeine, sodium methyl is a food additive, and propyl parahydroxybenzoates is a natural food preservative.

But 15mg codeine won't do anything for pain management.

Have you tested your codeine to see if you have any adverse allergic reactions? Or if you're an ultra rapid metabolizer?

I have had ibuprofen and codeine and I don't have any reactions to that, my body metabolises codeine very well and I feel feel euphoric at about 30mg Iv not taken any higher doses than that

if I could I try more but I don't feel happy trying CWE and I can't get a script for codeine so I am hoping that the cough medicine is safe enough to try at least 30 - 60mg of codeine

Yes if you're not a rapid metabolizer 30-60mg is perfectly safe, it is the dosage that is given for pain management.

Try drinking some hot tea (preferably ginger) during the comedown it will take away the little nausea codeine may give.

That syrup is fine.... Many wish they have over the counter access to something like that me included.

Yes that otc is pretty good. Are you in the Uk?

Although I have to admit that one of the perks of having both parents doctors are the unlimited supplies of Dihydrocodeine I can get lol

Yes I am in the UK, most pharmacy's don't stock it in their shops but oregostered online pharms do in the UK

fance is better because they stock pure codeine 20mg tablets but It's not worth visiting France for a two day pill spree

Ahh ok, I'm studying in the UK (london) and have been to quite a lot of Boots pharmacies and never found any worthwhile prescription drug.

One day I was looking for Melatonin which is pretty safe and they told me it requires a prescription although the pharmacist assistant proposed me that I could have bought Diphenhydramine without any prescription, I was quite perplexed on the availability of a potential deliriant as an otc drug haha

Ahh ok, I'm studying in the UK (london) and have been to quite a lot of Boots pharmacies and never found any worthwhile prescription drug.

One day I was looking for Melatonin which is pretty safe and they told me it requires a prescription although the pharmacist assistant proposed me that I could have bought Diphenhydramine without any prescription, I was quite perplexed on the availability of a potential deliriant as an otc drug haha

I just order online via online pharmacy and look for a registered pharmacy with a good reputation
its like £3 tops for a bottle and I can't wait to try it lol