• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine and herbs

Domicrow

Greenlighter
So we all know codeine has its uses beyond those considered medically valid. I drink a lot of different herbal teas including camomile, lemon balm, cinnamon, mint, valerian root, ginger, nettle and many many others all in various combinations and ratios. Is there anything to suggests that things like this can effect the psychoactivity of codeine?
(I did try to post this in other drugs but it kept asking for a prefix and I couldn't work out what I was being asked to do)

I haven't tried the others but valerian root and kava may increase drowsy effects with codeine.
(Homeless ------- BDD)

Thanks for moving it man. And I've always wanted to try kava. I do have a bunch of valerian root, passiflora and hops capsules but their efficacy is suspect.

I have a bit of insight about that.

First I'd tell you to stop making tea with lemon balm as only 10% of the effective molecules get in. What I do is grind it in a coffee grinder, filter the smallest parts, take them in a cup and regrind the bigger parts until its all powder, then I weight about 2g and just take it like that, the taste isnt so bad and it works great. The effect of that plant is to raise GABA leves which will not increase nor decrease codeine effect but will raise benzo effects and plants that act like benzo's effect, such as skullcap, chamomile, valerian etc.

Then, about codeine, the plant that can increase the transformation of Codeine into morphine is Valerian (if you can handle the increased drowsiness), it reduce an enzyme called CYP3A4 which is an enzyme that transform Codeine into Norcodein which is not really active but what that effect allows is for more codeine to be transformed into morphine because it is not wasted into norcodeine.

So overall if you take codeine Taking valerian before would litterally increase the morphine to norcodeine ratio, and taking Lemon balm eaten like that would make its effect more noticeable and worth using in combination with either benzo or benzo-like plants.

Thanks mracid that's exactly what I was hoping. And I've never taken lemon balm that way. I have tons of the stuff growing in my garden. When you say take it like that do you mean just shovel it down or cap it or something like that?

You are welcome! And yes just put it in your mouth and drink something to make it pass to your stomach, you can also caps it but it takes like 3 caps 00 to make 2g.