• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Codeine and Diazepam(Vallium) need advice (I'm in Pain)

PurpleDANK9

Bluelighter
Hey BLs long time no see..

I need an advice from who already mixed Benzos with Opiods.

I'm in Pain and my doctor gave the RX for codeine/paraceptamol (30mg/500mg) and Clobazam. For my muscle Pain.

But I think diazepam works better on muscle. So I'm on 5mg diazepam and I wanted to take these codeine pill. But scared of what could happen.

Can someone tell me if its safe ir not?

You can take 30 mgs of codeine and 5 mgs of valium together . That is actually the old school combo that people in pain would get. Before they outlawed an opi/benzo combo ( pain clinics cracked down and gave you a choice of one or the other but not both ) a lot of people took both.

The key is LOW dosages of both.
One pain pill
One tablet of benzo.

They work well together. The benzo relaxes you so the pain isn't as aggravating. And the codeine is a very good painkiller. Stay safe. Stay Low dosages.

Absolutely no alcohol.

Feel better soon.

Hey BLs long time no see..

I need an advice from who already mixed Benzos with Opiods.

I'm in Pain and my doctor gave the RX for codeine/paraceptamol (30mg/500mg) and Clobazam. For my muscle Pain.

But I think diazepam works better on muscle. So I'm on 5mg diazepam and I wanted to take these codeine pill. But scared of what could happen.

Can someone tell me if its safe ir not?
Oh I would definitely stick with Diazapam or Carisoprodal. Yes you can take the Codeine pill and should be 100% fine, if your pain is from an upper back or neck problem be more cautious though for CNS depression. But those two are definitely safe.

You can take 30 mgs of codeine and 5 mgs of valium together . That is actually the old school combo that people in pain would get. Before they outlawed an opi/benzo combo ( pain clinics cracked down and gave you a choice of one or the other but not both ) a lot of people took both.

The key is LOW dosages of both.
One pain pill
One tablet of benzo.

They work well together. The benzo relaxes you so the pain isn't as aggravating. And the codeine is a very good painkiller. Stay safe. Stay Low dosages.

Absolutely no alcohol.

Feel better soon.
I wont drink Alcohol. I forgot to say I'm on NSAID (etodolac) to treat inflammation.

With that said, still safe?
Oh I would definitely stick with Diazapam or Carisoprodal. Yes you can take the Codeine pill and should be 100% fine, if your pain is from an upper back or neck problem be more cautious though for CNS depression. But those two are definitely safe.
Its a neck problem, its more risky because its a neck problem? Why tho?

You are already taking an NSAID in your codeine combo. Not really sure I would add the etodolac as well. Take either the codeine/acetiminophen tablet or an etodolac. Don't think you need both.

You are already taking an NSAID in your codeine combo. Not really sure I would add the etodolac as well. Take either the codeine/acetiminophen tablet or an etodolac. Don't think you need both.

"Paracetamol (acetaminophen) is generally not considered an NSAID because it has only minor anti-inflammatory activity"

I dont want to stop doing these treatment , I really want that my neck goes better. codeine/paraceptamol (30mg/500mg)
But sometimes would be good if the Pain dissapears ..that is why I wanted to take what the doctor gave me

"Paracetamol (acetaminophen) is generally not considered an NSAID because it has only minor anti-inflammatory activity"

I dont want to stop doing these treatment , I really want that my neck goes better. codeine/paraceptamol (30mg/500mg)
But sometimes would be good if the Pain dissapears ..that is why I wanted to take what the doctor gave me
Oh well you have a point. So yes....if the Dr. gave you all 3 ( codeine, benzo, and etodolac ) to take together....by all means take them. Feel better soon.

Oh well you have a point. So yes....if the Dr. gave you all 3 ( codeine, benzo, and etodolac ) to take together....by all means take them. Feel better soon.

Thanks alot for answering me. I just scared of the benzo opiod combo because never tried. 5mg diazepam isnt nothing for me I uses to do 60mg per day.
But yea, scared of that combo still.

One more thing if you still have time for me. My liver ain't gonna like this all together or its ok?

I wont drink Alcohol. I forgot to say I'm on NSAID (etodolac) to treat inflammation.

With that said, still safe?

Its a neck problem, its more risky because its a neck problem? Why tho?
I have a type 2 Chiari Malformation and spinal stenosis, it’s more risky to consume CNS depressants just because it can interfere with the involuntary responses of breathing or heartbeats, for me It’s more of an issue where it can slow my heart rate to dangerous levels BUT keep in mind I’m also an addict so I take alot of stuff. It would be highly improbable you would have any negative effect whatsoever with that dosage. But with heavy opioids usually either derivatives of morphine or a synthetic for it can get dangerous. I’ve actually been on a ventilator twice each time for a three day period. But I’m also kind of a medical anomaly that I’m still alive with everything. Codeine is low risk of depression, but higher risk of an allergic response, or complications with the upper respiratory system and the bronchials. Again, very very unlikely with responsible use.

Thanks alot for answering me. I just scared of the benzo opiod combo because never tried. 5mg diazepam isnt nothing for me I uses to do 60mg per day.
But yea, scared of that combo still.

One more thing if you still have time for me. My liver ain't gonna like this all together or its ok?
Your liver will be fine as you probably only got a 10 day script. Just taking it until you get your pain under control is safe.

People that are on it daily ( pain management ) might need to worry a bit.

Don't worry about your opi/benzo combo. Take the codeine and benzo as directed. Just stay with the dose the Dr. prescribed and do not increase it.

You'll be fine.

I have a type 2 Chiari Malformation and spinal stenosis, it’s more risky to consume CNS depressants just because it can interfere with the involuntary responses of breathing or heartbeats, for me It’s more of an issue where it can slow my heart rate to dangerous levels BUT keep in mind I’m also an addict so I take alot of stuff. It would be highly improbable you would have any negative effect whatsoever with that dosage. But with heavy opioids usually either derivatives of morphine or a synthetic for it can get dangerous. I’ve actually been on a ventilator twice each time for a three day period. But I’m also kind of a medical anomaly that I’m still alive with everything. Codeine is low risk of depression, but higher risk of an allergic response, or complications with the upper respiratory system and the bronchials. Again, very very unlikely with responsible use.
Oh and also depending on how high the inflammation is in your neck location wise, and whether it’s considered cerebral or spinal there can be a slight increase of encephalitis.

Oh and also depending on how high the inflammation is in your neck location wise, and whether it’s considered cerebral or spinal there can be a slight increase of encephalitis.

You putting my health anxiety to the roof. xD.. how do I know I got encephalitis? Shit is scary

Hi there OP! I want to give you a warm welcome both to our community and to the world of poly-substance abuse. I never had a quinciniera, but I certainly had someone shoot me up the first time I got super high on Opioids and Benzos and they're pretty similar.'

All jokes aside, this is serious business and I'm happy to say that you're approaching it with a reasonable amount of caution. You're treading into unkown territory and good on you for wanting to arm yourself with knowledge.

Benzodiazepines are known for their propensity to produce what is known as a BLACKOUT. That is, a moment in which you're often still functioning (say, driving a car) but are indeed no truly conscious for the experience. It is similar to Alcohol in this way both chemically and socially. The more you take, the more likely you are too end up blacking out.

Now, when combining Benzodiazepines with other Centran Nervous System Depressants you are adding to the possiblity of blackout in simple terms, but in more complex terms, combined depressants from different classes have a tendency to produce sedation and such at a level greater than any of the two drugs would cause on their own. In short, the sum of the equation often becomes more than the parts that the equation would imply.

So, it is always best to use good judgement and be as safe as possible. You are doing so and as you are in the care of a physician who deems you to be an acceptable candidate for such treatment, I'm inclined to say, "have at it dude". Like anything new, tread carefully and pay attention to how the drugs effects you. Try to put this knowledge away for later use like a library book. Next time you have such an experience and say, the doses are not exactly the same, you have a reference point from which to proceed. In short, you're better off with the knowledge.

Go ahead and experiment and see how you feel. Make sure you are lucid for the entire experience and if you feel truly inebriated by the cocktail then you should regroup for a variety of reasons.

1. You could hurt yourself in an inebriated state

2. You are using these drugs primarily to treat a very real condition that you may have for some time. Part of making Opioids and Benzodiazepines work in the long-term is by using the lowest doages tolerable and only increasing when you feel it is truly necessary to do so in the context of your condition.

If you start using your meds to get fucked up, your tolerance will increase more quickly and the medicines will ultimately lose their benefit at a faster rate than had you used them responsibly.

I hope this helps.

Hi there OP! I want to give you a warm welcome both to our community and to the world of poly-substance abuse. I never had a quinciniera, but I certainly had someone shoot me up the first time I got super high on Opioids and Benzos and they're pretty similar.'

All jokes aside, this is serious business and I'm happy to say that you're approaching it with a reasonable amount of caution. You're treading into unkown territory and good on you for wanting to arm yourself with knowledge.

Benzodiazepines are known for their propensity to produce what is known as a BLACKOUT. That is, a moment in which you're often still functioning (say, driving a car) but are indeed no truly conscious for the experience. It is similar to Alcohol in this way both chemically and socially. The more you take, the more likely you are too end up blacking out.

Now, when combining Benzodiazepines with other Centran Nervous System Depressants you are adding to the possiblity of blackout in simple terms, but in more complex terms, combined depressants from different classes have a tendency to produce sedation and such at a level greater than any of the two drugs would cause on their own. In short, the sum of the equation often becomes more than the parts that the equation would imply.

So, it is always best to use good judgement and be as safe as possible. You are doing so and as you are in the care of a physician who deems you to be an acceptable candidate for such treatment, I'm inclined to say, "have at it dude". Like anything new, tread carefully and pay attention to how the drugs effects you. Try to put this knowledge away for later use like a library book. Next time you have such an experience and say, the doses are not exactly the same, you have a reference point from which to proceed. In short, you're better off with the knowledge.

Go ahead and experiment and see how you feel. Make sure you are lucid for the entire experience and if you feel truly inebriated by the cocktail then you should regroup for a variety of reasons.

1. You could hurt yourself in an inebriated state

2. You are using these drugs primarily to treat a very real condition that you may have for some time. Part of making Opioids and Benzodiazepines work in the long-term is by using the lowest doages tolerable and only increasing when you feel it is truly necessary to do so in the context of your condition.

If you start using your meds to get fucked up, your tolerance will increase more quickly and the medicines will ultimately lose their benefit at a faster rate than had you used them responsibly.

I hope this helps.

Thanks alot for your words. I always like to BE cautions . So I did the cocktail and didnt really do nothing. Maybe its because tolerance with Benzos and Opiods are still High from previous uses.

Now that I really need for Pain. Didn't work as it should. Lesson learnt.

Should I take 2 pills (codeine 60mg/paraceptamol 1G, total) and the 5mg diazepam ? Or can be a huge diference ?

Thanks alot for your words. I always like to BE cautions . So I did the cocktail and didnt really do nothing. Maybe its because tolerance with Benzos and Opiods are still High from previous uses.

Now that I really need for Pain. Didn't work as it should. Lesson learnt.

Should I take 2 pills (codeine 60mg/paraceptamol 1G, total) and the 5mg diazepam ? Or can be a huge diference ?
No problem. I like to hear myself to talk or rather, watch myself type.

I would advise you against making such absolute commentary like "lesson learned". I totally understand it didn't work for you in this instance, but like a lot of things, that doesn't mean it's not worth trying again. You might find that it works better for certain times, places or what have you. This experience might have been a fluke.

I would advise anybody to do that with anything, really. Don't rush to judgement. Perhaps try it again with the larger dose. The effects should not get out of hand even remotely if you're being as careful as you're being. Your worst thing would be, maybe being too deep with your coworker on the phone about how your Dad ruined your childhood. You're not in, "car crashed, chaos, wreckage" and I do belive that's exactly what you're asking about, losing control as oppopsed to having it.

No problem. I like to hear myself to talk or rather, watch myself type.

I would advise you against making such absolute commentary like "lesson learned". I totally understand it didn't work for you in this instance, but like a lot of things, that doesn't mean it's not worth trying again. You might find that it works better for certain times, places or what have you. This experience might have been a fluke.

I would advise anybody to do that with anything, really. Don't rush to judgement. Perhaps try it again with the larger dose. The effects should not get out of hand even remotely if you're being as careful as you're being. Your worst thing would be, maybe being too deep with your coworker on the phone about how your Dad ruined your childhood. You're not in, "car crashed, chaos, wreckage" and I do belive that's exactly what you're asking about, losing control as oppopsed to having it.

I like how you talk.

So tell me what is better. 10mg diazepam and 30mg codeine / 500mg paraceptamol, or , 5 mg diazepam and 60mg codeine / 1000mg paraceptamol?.

I need more pain relieve tomorrow at least.

You're going to hate me, but I think you should experiment a bit. Opioids will likely always win out for sheer ability to mitigate pain, but that doesn't mean Benzodiazepines don't have their place also.

If I were you, and I already know, peole will wag their finger at me as a Harm Reductionist, but basically, because of how little a reaction you had to what you took today, it's not insane to take

10mg Diazepam 60mg Codeine and 1000mg APAP if needed. I am a firm believer in testing the waters fully to get the full effect of how the drug will work for you. You might take a Diazepam for instance, only to say, well, "I had a nice day" but not really be able to analyze why.

Your liver is not yet at a point where it is in danger my friend. That takes time and repeated abuse, I assure you. You are approaching things responsibly and should not have problems.

I am absolutely not saying, "take this every day for 10 years".This is where we are right now, this is what I think is just right to test things out. You're clearly a little green and I think you really need to understand how these drugs work to be more comfortable using them. I sense some apprehension from you, not major, but on the contiuum in my mind in which Keif is at a 10, you are at a 2.5 in terms of total apprehension toward medicine.

I'll try anything once. Even weird shit at this point in my life. Give me some Sulfa Drugs bitch.

Painkillers are always taken on low dosage except for severe pains. PumpKin said it all, so all imma add up is "Make sure you always get medications from a doctor or practitioner NOT off the streets please". STAY SAFE Y'ALL
I dont get drugs off the streets. Always get them from doctors.