• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codein from CWE - dosage, other tips for newbie

jimdron

Bluelighter
I know there's ton of information on it, but I have very specific questions, thought it would be OK to ask them separately here. I am total opioids newbie.

Context

Today I did CWE of 4 tablets of codein 30 mg + paracetamol 500 mg each. Everything went smoothly, I think (it was my first time doing CWE). After drinking all of it, in around 30 minutes felt mild but definite body high. Mood turned into very calm, but warm and friendly, definite improvement of my mood before consumption. After around 90 minutes after consuming, body high seemed to decrease, but mood remained calm, friendly, feeling of general wellbeing (very nice). It continued for hours and even now, 8 hours after consuming this effect on mood still remains. Also, definitely felt very obvious painkilling effect the whole time and it also continues even now. Went for a run at around T+4 hrs (I am experienced marathoner) and painkilling effect was super-nice, I am a bit injured now (exercising, but lower milage and speed) and this run was the best in weeks.

All of this as a context for my questions about increasing dosage. My aim is to get more high whatever it is for this drug. If it is in the direction I experienced with this dosage, I am very excited about that.

And also - felt no adverse effects on anything (stomach, nausea, etc.)

Questions:

1. What dosage would you recommend to feel real high? Is that possible even? What should I expect? Nodding possible?
2. How long between doses? Can I do one in the morning and another one in the evening after around 12hrs? Should I expect stronger effect?
3. Effect going for hours above - that's placebo and me wanting it, right?
4. I wouldn't like going to sleep, would be a waste. I can fight it of course and I will, but wouldn't I reach some threshold that defeats me?
5. Is it better to do it on empty stomach? (did that one on relatively full stomach, around 1hr after eating good lunch)
6. Anything about my CWE efficiency? Does my experience indicate I extracted most of what is possible or should I look for improvement? (I read instruction of CWE here, did everything right, but could have gone for second round of CWE with leftovers, maybe, a bit slower filtering, etc.)
7. Should I do it in the evening to transit into sleep after few hours or could do it in the morning and expect whole day of niceness?
8. Anything else in terms of harm reduction?

Thanks a lot in advance. And I will definitely use your advice, want to be safe (but high) here.

Just in case, codein in tablets I use is called codeinphosphat hemihydrat.

P.S. I am very surprised actually how accessible and efficient (in terms of high) this thing is.
P.P.S. What a nice resource bluelight is!

Last edited:
It's funny how many meticulous drug users there are out there. I am one myself in a way... I just wanted to say be careful with CWE (anyone in general) because if you do the extraction wrong one could end up consuming a fugg ton of tylenol via a bad CWE process. Not saying you did anything wrong though!

Anyway--coffee is an amazing combo with opiates/opioids and it prevents nodding out to a degree. It's actually one of my favorite sensations.

Opiates do tend to hit harder on an empty stomach. I used to eat oxy for breakfast (shameful).

If nodding out is a huge problem for you... just take it in the morning with coffee. You can still take the drugs at night, but I wanted to point out that your breathing rate does lower when asleep so in theory that could make opiates more dangerous.

I'd be careful with this stuff. I don't know how much you use codeine and such but once it's got you it's got you for LIFE. Once or twice a week is probably ideal and you will appreciate the beneficial effects more. I find that redosing after getting the desired effects usually just ends up shooting my tolerance sky-high with not to much euphoria upon the redose. So honestly you'll be a lot happier and comfortable with just one nice solid buzz for the day imo.

Thanks! Good tips.

Never experienced nodding, but it does sound like superb experience. As for nodding out, yes, very good tip. I drink South American tea called mate all the time, which is strong stimulant (for a regular drink), so it would prevent me from going to sleep. And yes, morning fix sounds right then.

As for carefulness. I am very thankful for your thoughtfulness. I know I am making a bad choice here. I will try to prevent it from taking over my life. I am a rather older gentleman with kids and social standing, hope I can rely on my social environment to catch me if things went really wrong.

I caught just a glimpse of opioid high, but it’s probably the best of all it seems. I am rather sensitive from my very childhood to issues of connectedness, being in relationship, love, etc. and this drug seems to transport me right into heaven of these things. So, yeah, dangerous and super fun.

It is very interesting that Op felt the effects with only 120 mg of codeine. I couldn't even feel them taking 240 mg haha although I have a lot of tolerance to tramadol, that probably influenced a lot.
The CWE post is here? Could you link it please.

It is very interesting that Op felt the effects with only 120 mg of codeine. I couldn't even feel them taking 240 mg haha although I have a lot of tolerance to tramadol, that probably influenced a lot.
The CWE post is here? Could you link it please.

For sure cross tolerance is a thing. The strange opioid I can't account for is suboxone. Even when I use high doses (like 24 mg) a day for 3 weeks... it seems to lower my tolerance to kratom and other opioids once I get off it.

Some people start off in the game with 2.5 milligrams of percocet--and it's sufficient enough in the beginning. There was no way to know that one day I would be on 120 milligrams. Tolerance... is the devil and it ruins opiates. Completely blindsides you too.

Funny thing with tolerance though . Im 2 months off methadone and 30mg oxy got me high. It was for dental work but i didn't expect to get buzzed.
Just be careful because it quickly goes from fun to selling your belongings

Funny thing with tolerance though . Im 2 months off methadone and 30mg oxy got me high. It was for dental work but i didn't expect to get buzzed.
Just be careful because it quickly goes from fun to selling your belongings

When you disrespect opiates... they come for you faster than anything and make sure you are crushed like a bug in the ground lol. No drug is so personally vindictive and possessive of its users. Opiates are the most powerful substance on the planet imo. And yes! Tolerance lowers fairly quickly and that's a mistake often forgotten. Never take your old dose of 200 milligrams of oxy after two weeks off.. especially longer.

Codeine is a fairly weaker opiate but it can still consume you especially with a lower tolerance. The feeling is bound to grow on you more and more over time. Doing it daily is a sure way to face some supernatural pain one way or another down the line. I suggest just calling it and leaving it for 2-3 times a week if you can be disciplined. If you do opiates on a regular basis there will be a monster in your life and it will wreck you.

1. What dosage would you recommend to feel real high? Is that possible even? What should I expect? Nodding possible?
2. How long between doses? Can I do one in the morning and another one in the evening after around 12hrs? Should I expect stronger effect?
3. Effect going for hours above - that's placebo and me wanting it, right?
4. I wouldn't like going to sleep, would be a waste. I can fight it of course and I will, but wouldn't I reach some threshold that defeats me?
5. Is it better to do it on empty stomach? (did that one on relatively full stomach, around 1hr after eating good lunch)
6. Anything about my CWE efficiency? Does my experience indicate I extracted most of what is possible or should I look for improvement? (I read instruction of CWE here, did everything right, but could have gone for second round of CWE with leftovers, maybe, a bit slower filtering, etc.)
7. Should I do it in the evening to transit into sleep after few hours or could do it in the morning and expect whole day of niceness?
8. Anything else in terms of harm reduction?

1. Between 120-200mg if you're opioid naive. Adjust the dose based on your tolerance.

2. Best to dose once a day max for euphoria, if you're looking for pain relief you can redose more often. You will become physically addicted if you do it everyday.

3. Not placebo

4. Depends, I don't find codeine/morphine to be very sleep-inducing. Sedating yes but it doesn't put me to sleep like benzos for instance.

5. Empty stomach is better for sure. You can eat a high fat meal later for stronger effects.

6. IDK you didn't describe your cwe protocol. Just use a few 10s of mL of very cold water, just enough to dissolve the pills (if you use too little you will have a hard time filtering it).

7. Can't answer that.

8. Be very careful with opiate addiction.
Don't mix it with downers (benzos, alcohol, etc...). Look around bluelight, there's plenty of information that will help you answer most of your questions.

Last edited:
Thanks so much, 4meSM!

Regarding my CWE. How long should I stir the mixture with crushed pills before pouring everything into filter? Probably just a few minutes, because filtering will take so long that codein will dissolve anyway, yes?

My technique is this, only I use coffee filter:
Mr Blonde’s Basic CWE

1) If I have Nurofen +, I will grind these in a coffee grinder; most other codeine combo meds dissolve quite quickly by themselves and these I will just drop into a glass of cool water. I use 50mL for 24 tablets of 10mg codeine/500mg APAP, for preparations known to be more ‘sludgy’ (e.g. N+, certain codeine/APAP brands), I will use 75-100mL of water. I try to use only 150-200ml of water maximum.

2) Once the tablets are dissolved, I stir them and then place an old shirt in a cup as a filter. I wet the shirt prior to using as a filter.

3) Pour the solution through the filter, and wait until the stream of filtered solution slows to droplets. I then squeeze the shirt to get the most liquid out.

4) That’s it! Dispose of the liquid by drinking, and dispose of the filtrate in your bin. Some people do second washes on the filtrate left over, I however do not.

@jimdron

Yeah I think a couple of minutes or stiring is enough, codeine phosphate is very water soluble, in theory you could dissolve grams of the stuff in just a few mL of water (you won't be able to filter a couple mililiters though, that's why you need to use a bit more). The finer you grind your pills, the faster it'll be due to the larger surface area. I've done it without grinding them and it works too, it just takes a little longer for them to dissolve completely.

That protocol seems fine, it'll work.
If you want to avoid losing some codeine you can use a wet filter (just add a bit of cold water prior to the filtration step).

@4meSM

what’s that about high fat food to consume later?Does it really work to enhance the effect? Short search on Google and Bluelight haven’t revealed anything. Thanks :)

I agree with pretty much everything here. As far as deciding upon the proper dosage for your desired effect, you're the best judge for that. Ask yourself, "how did that make me feel and how would I like to feel". Use your initial experience as a benchmark and use that to judge your dose.

1. Between 120-200mg if you're opioid naive. Adjust the dose based on your tolerance.

2. Best to dose once a day max for euphoria, if you're looking for pain relief you can redose more often. You will become physically addicted if you do it everyday.

3. Not placebo

4. Depends, I don't find codeine/morphine to be very sleep-inducing. Sedating yes but it doesn't put me to sleep like benzos for instance.

5. Empty stomach is better for sure. You can eat a high fat meal later for stronger effects.

6. IDK you didn't describe your cwe protocol. Just use a few 10s of mL of very cold water, just enough to dissolve the pills (if you use too little you will have a hard time filtering it).

7. Can't answer that.

8. Be very careful with opiate addiction.
Don't mix it with downers (benzos, alcohol, etc...). Look around bluelight, there's plenty of information that will help you answer most of your questions.

@4meSM

what’s that about high fat food to consume later?Does it really work to enhance the effect? Short search on Google and Bluelight haven’t revealed anything. Thanks :)

Sorry I was kinda busy when I posted that. I don't really know if it truly makes a difference, but I've had good results when I eat a fat meal after taking opioids (could be placebo or something else).
I guess I was thinking about this: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2791448/

As far as deciding upon the proper dosage for your desired effect, you're the best judge for that. Ask yourself, "how did that make me feel and how would I like to feel". Use your initial experience as a benchmark and use that to judge your dose.

120 mg was mild but not insignificant at all. Tried around 200 mg today - much more intensive, body was really floating for a while, voice became really hoarse, pupils significantly smaller than usual. Again went for a run, again was very nice. All in all, it was maybe around 80-90% towards optimal. No adverse effects still. A bit sick in the stomach now (6 hrs after), but it’s likely because of pretty big meal I ate at around 4 hrs after consuming the drug.

Thanks again to everybody for helping me on this one. I am not sure how often I will be doing this. It is nice, but abusing it seems kind of pointless a bit. I imagine floaty feeling and all gets boring after a while. But after-glow is nice on its’ own, so we’ll see. And, of course, tolerance and potential addiction is the most significant context for these decisions.

Also, it’s nice I got try opioids this way, relatively safe for a opioids naive person I am. Curiosity is somewhat satisfied and urge to try real hard opioid is diminished a bit I think.

Opiates are the most powerful substance on the planet imo.
I was somewhat surprised about the effect I experienced. It’s really different from weed, coke, MDMA, mushrooms, Xanax, methylphenidate (things I tried). In that opioid feel like so “natural”, not getting yourself more social, talkative, etc. which seemed to me the primary effect of the drugs I tried and what seemed to me like the thing I was looking in drugs. Not to extrapolate too much from two times of codeine experience, but I think I understand much better addiction to opioids now. It’s something different. But I was not addicted to any drug yet, so maybe I am poetic about it and mature addiction to opioids is somewhat similar to any hard drug. I am talking more about psychological side of things.

I suggest just calling it and leaving it for 2-3 times a week if you can be disciplined. If you do opiates on a regular basis there will be a monster in your life and it will wreck you.
Yes, I will. I think even less than that. For now my use of codeine is more about curiosity than trying to recreate the feeling. I have to think now how much I want to increase the dosage. Maybe 300, but I am afraid I will be nauseous or something and will ruin the nice thing I discovered.

I was somewhat surprised about the effect I experienced. It’s really different from weed, coke, MDMA, mushrooms, Xanax, methylphenidate (things I tried). In that opioid feel like so “natural”, not getting yourself more social, talkative, etc. which seemed to me the primary effect of the drugs I tried and what seemed to me like the thing I was looking in drugs. Not to extrapolate too much from two times of codeine experience, but I think I understand much better addiction to opioids now. It’s something different. But I was not addicted to any drug yet, so maybe I am poetic about it and mature addiction to opioids is somewhat similar to any hard drug. I am talking more about psychological side of things.

Yes, I will. I think even less than that. For now my use of codeine is more about curiosity than trying to recreate the feeling. I have to think now how much I want to increase the dosage. Maybe 300, but I am afraid I will be nauseous or something and will ruin the nice thing I discovered.

I prefer life on oxy to be honest. I'm not a dysfunctional moron and I can use the energy to get things done and not think about life's worser things. It's very unique and quite an irreplaceable feeling. Why doesn't it just rain opiates from the sky? Lol.

I suppose 4 years on the good oxy is probably more than enough. I do miss being happier for no reason but I'll get over it.

I prefer life on oxy to be honest.
Yes, this. Rationalizing opioids use seems like the most rational of all popular drugs. Because one is not partying like a crazy person, but just becomes silently and calmly happy. Kid-like happy, not as in on top of the world. How can you say no to this.

Sorry, I am rambling and uninformed and this is far from HR :).

Voices in my head sober: "You'll never be good enough. You're too *insert here.*

Voices on opies: "Your life is so wonderful spread joy and kindness to everyone! Santa is real!"

Voices on adderall: "Raid your ex's facebook page for 5 hours and clean your house" / Meth: "The FBI is here NOW! RUN."