• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine - why the hell do we bother?

I just tried cocaine for the first time and I'd say this is a very overrated drug. I don't personally think I could ever become addicted to something like this, but I guess everyone has their own preferences...

I've never actually taken cocaine, but I've tried various other stimulants and I fully identify with all of the symptoms you've described. I'd guess that, much like for me, stimulants are really just not your thing. How do you react to downers (e.g. opiates)?

I've never actually taken cocaine, but I've tried various other stimulants and I fully identify with all of the symptoms you've described. I'd guess that, much like for me, stimulants are really just not your thing. How do you react to downers (e.g. opiates)?
Coke for me I'm talking and trying to do things really quickly, and I guess I'm a little happier, but that's about it. Same as you though, adderall and other stimulants can be useful for motivation but other than that I wouldn't use them recreationally. Meth probably isn't my thing either, no point in even trying it.

I fucking love opiates though.

Coke is nasty! whether in, powder, freebase,in a joint. Just no Bueno. A drug designed by nature to make humans "fiend"

For me personally I enjoy powdered cocaine if its good but ever since doing crack I prefer my cocaine to be a quick fleeting high and then a few hours of recovery/comedown then its back to normal. Coke is expensive and used at parties and the problem with that for me is the comedown makes me irritable and quiet so I would need enough to last the party or i couldnt stay much longer.

With crack you can buy it alone, smoke it alone, isolate yourself for the comedown and everyone thinks its normal. Hell people even avoid you when your on crack making it easier to do alone, just how i like it!

*edit* should all be past tense as its been a year maybe since i last did any form of coke. I dont have exact dates i just know i was on methadone and it was cold out, so it must have been about 12 months ago :)

They won't think it's normal when someone smoking rocks is scared shitless every time they take a blast; And get stuck like chuck. This doesn't happen to everyone though, IMO

They won't think it's normal when someone smoking rocks is scared shitless every time they take a blast; And get stuck like chuck. This doesn't happen to everyone though, IMO

Never made me paranoid or anything, I just cant stand talking during the comedown and everyone i ever did it with becomes a motor mouth... so i cant smoke with people because i dont wanna hear them talk lol.

Never made me paranoid or anything, I just cant stand talking during the comedown and everyone i ever did it with becomes a motor mouth... so i cant smoke with people because i dont wanna hear them talk lol.

The comedown is definitely surreal. On the few occasions I was able to take some form of a benzo and a few beers for the "comedown" it was tolerable.
But with nothing to soften the impact, freebase is relentless with it's up and down's.

I find it that i am more noticeably high when on uppers like cocaine rather than opiates. That is how i have always been though. When on coke ,and only snorting it and not IV'ing or freebasing, i tend to talk peoples ears off and chain smoke like a chimney and people just KNOW i am on something since i am usually a more quiet, reserved, introverted person.

So it makes you more social then?mmm I think Ghb would be a much better drug to use in a social setting..

i havent done coke in years for a lot of these reasons and dont plan on it. just too many side effects for limited upside...

The comedown sucks, but that's what xanax and weed is for.

As far as recovery for the next day, this is typically my regimen for most all euphoric uppers. Including coke.

Injection of vitamin b12, heavy dose.
5-HTP Supplement
Solid breakfast, usually like 5 eggs, cup of oats, and a couple bananas. (my breakfast most every day anyway lol)
multi vitamin
3000mg of vitamin D
and zinc and magnesium

Then i'll hit the gym to get the endorphins back flowing lol.

I rarely do coke though maybe once or twice a year now if that, and it's only when it's offered to me. I will never buy the stuff again.

cocaine is probably the worst stim out there (other than some stim analogous) if you like that rush and the alert feeling just do some Dexedrine its MUCH better lasts 30x longer way more potent just all around a better drug

The only bonus I've found is that the short high and (for some people) negligible come down makes it good for when you have stuff to do the next day. Most other stims leave you completely useless for a day or two after.

But considering that Australian cocaine is astronomically expensive as well as pretty shitty quality, it's a theoretical debate for most of us.

The only bonus I've found is that the short high and (for some people) negligible come down makes it good for when you have stuff to do the next day. Most other stims leave you completely useless for a day or two after.

But considering that Australian cocaine is astronomically expensive as well as pretty shitty quality, it's a theoretical debate for most of us.

I'm sure plenty of working class people smoke a rock after work and then a few drinks for the comedown; they wake up the next day ready for work. I met two people who used it to unwind after work. There are definitely some people out there that can really control the impulse to buy more. I've met a few people who would never surf the carpet or go scraping for resin. I once met a man who smoked a gram a day, never more, never less. He was in his 50's

I'm sure plenty of working class people smoke a rock after work and then a few drinks for the comedown; they wake up the next day ready for work. I met two people who used it to unwind after work. There are definitely some people out there that can really control the impulse to buy more. I've met a few people who would never surf the carpet or go scraping for resin. I once met a man who smoked a gram a day, never more, never less. He was in his 50's

We don't really have crack in Australia - it's all powdered cocaine and it's priced out of range for most working class people, especially when most of it is cut so heavily before it hits the Aussie market. Most other drugs on the market are both more affordable and more predictable quality.

So I made a thread about why the hell do we do coke and yet on Friday I did another gram. This time it was awful as I was out with mates, couldn't get drunk because of the coke and had to snort it with a train ticket (less than ideal)in a tiny cubicle hoping nobody could hear me.

Felt sober all night whilst everyone else was dancing their ass off. Another waste! Since, I've had damn awful heart palpitations too.