• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cocaine: - Viva La Coca - Tonight (Tuesday) 8:30 SBS

FYI;EdTV;Coca.SBS2030TUE020805

For Your Information: Special Broadcasting Service Television Channel; Cutting Edge Documentary Program;
Eight-Thirty PM until Nine-Thirty PM Australia on Tuesday the Second of August in the year of our LORD/LADY Two Thousand and Five Anno Domini.

SBS 08:30 pm CUTTING EDGE -.COCAINE - Leo and Ze
This compelling three-part series from filmmaker Angus Macqueen is a chilling journey from the coca fields and cocaine makers of the Peruvian Andes,to the drug gangs and law officials in Rio. Set in the Santa Marta favela of Rio de Janeiro, part two of this series tells the story of a young gang member and his uncle, a former gang chief. Framed by the filmmaker's extraordinary access to a drug gang, it is a brutal and unsettling story of violence, poverty and wasted lives. Ze used to run the gang. Through the lives of his family, from his mother to his sons, a picture emerges of the way in which the gangs, financed by cocaine sales, have taken over the favela. Ze remembers how he used to kill people. He talks about how he got into the gang because of poverty and out of it because of an operation that went wrong. Now he is desperate that his two sons do not get involved. But his nephew Leo is a ‘packer' and a ‘lookout' for the gang and as the film progresses it becomes clear that Leo is in real danger because he is in debt to the gang. Ze tries to drive home to Leo that he must get out of the gang or he will get himself killed. (From the UK, in Portuguese and English, English subtitles) (PART 2) CC
SMS Alert Code: 8334[

SHALOM!

:)
O.

Also, from experience many of the doco's shown on SBS are also licensed to the likes of fox etc. and are often available on DVD from SBS directly if the doco is considered to be good.

8:30 tues night SBS

Cutting Edge
Cocaine: Part 2 - Leo and Ze

This compelling three-part series from film-maker Angus Macqueen is a chilling journey from the coca fields and cocaine makers of the Peruvian Andes to the drug gangs and law officials in Rio. Set in the Santa Marta favela of Rio de Janeiro, part two of this series tells the story of a young gang member and his uncle, a former gang chief. Framed by the film-maker's extraordinary access to a drug gang, it is a brutal and unsettling story of violence, poverty and wasted lives. Ze used to run the gang and the lives of his family, from his mother to his sons, portray how the gangs, financed by cocaine sales, have taken over the favela. Ze remembers how he used to kill people. He talks about how he got into the gang because of poverty and out of it because of an operation that went wrong. Now he is desperate that his two sons do not become involved. But his nephew Leo is a packer and a lookout for the gang and is in real danger because he is in debt to the gang. Ze tries to drive home to Leo that he must get out of the gang or he will get himself killed.

Dunno if this is any good. I didn't see part 1, but it sounds interesting.

Cheers.

i tell you what- the favellas of rio are the most...um...its difficult to find an appropriate word or words...the most....enchanting places i could ever hope to go. never has a place impacted so powerfully on me. incredible.

Last edited:
Reminded me very much of City of God. Same sort of characters, same situations, token white guys walking around. It was pretty cool, anyone know what part 3 is about?

Cheers.

Poor Leo, caught up in what has become so much a part of life in Rio. Anyone see the fat lines they were doin? Barstards.

how much is 600 peso's or whatever currency it was.. in australian dollars?

Oh and this is a long shot. But does anyone have on tape from about 2-3 years ago: SBS 4 Corners: behind the mirrorball
?

last i was aware, real:AUD was around 2:3. although the actual conversion isnt extremely favourable, the cost of living is waaaaaaaaay lower. a longneck for about $1.50, pack of ciggies same. i had a taxi for over half an hour, he even waited outside while i stopped over to change clothes before taking me to a party for about AUD$7. dunno what the going rate is for drugs.

Oh and this is a long shot. But does anyone have on tape from about 2-3 years ago: SBS 4 Corners: behind the mirrorball?

I think this is what you meant

Beneath the mirror ball

I have it on video somewhere. Have you checked online? There is a a complete transcript available

Any chance of someone recording this and uploading it ??

Spew I missed it two weeks in a row.

I really hope some one can host the viva la coca series.

Anyone know where a copy of beneath the mirror ball might be for download?

Cowboy Mac said:
If someone is able to host this for at least seven days on a proper connection (ie. not your home DSL/cable) so others may get it then I will encode it to DivX. I expect it to be around 150mb.
I can do that. I have 2.5gig of space available and 150 gigs of bandwidth per month on a decently fast server.
Shoot me a PM/post in this thread when you want to go ahead.

SLM from the land of Luddite

Looking forward to watching the second part - we video taped it last night.

O no! Old technology!!!!!8o =D

oh yeah if someone can has a torrent (even a decentralised one) Im on for the whole series. I may be able to host a file or two on a machine with a few 155 mbit optical fiber connections for a short period...

phase_dancer said:
I think this is what you meant

Beneath the mirror ball

I have it on video somewhere. Have you checked online? There is a a complete transcript available

Yep thats the one.

I've already read the transcript and asked to buy it from abc.net.au about 4 months ago but they said they don't own all the scenes in that 4 corners show and so are unable to sell it.

I just wanted to view it. Any chance you can send the video to me? and I will make it available to the wider internet community then send the video back to ya.

And to note: I searched long and hard for the viva la coca episodes on the internet and it's not out there people. :( not yet anyways. and that marcom.com.au site does not list the show on the website. You must have to ring marcom up and specificly ask for the show. Which is what i might have to do. Anyone rang up marcom?

IWillHostIt I've dug out my old video taped copy, but it's not very good quality. Besides the format, it was recorded on a TV with poor reception. It's watch-able (at least the short bit I reviewed) so it's probably worth burning it onto DVD, 'specially since my sweet heart has a brief appearance...

Send me a reminder PM tomorrow and I'll arrange something with you.

fcuking_in_heaven said:
....Anyone see the fat lines they were doin? Barstards.

feeling a bit deja vu here for some reason!!

but yeah those were very big lines and made me green with envy!!
=D
was a sad episode though...
:(

Purity

I have to say i was a bit disappointed when they stated about getting it "pure" and then cut it 50/50. This probably would rank amongst the lower end of street gear in the UK at the moment.

I also like my ching exceptionally finely chopped and in straight lines but thats just me suppose. That pile looked very rocky and not nice to snort me thinks!

I am surprised they even have septums left!

Ok you lucky bluelighters, thanks to a mate of mine for supplying the webhosting and Cowboy_Mac for supplying the file itself, you can now grab the first ep of this 3 part series here
(350mb XviD).

Enjoy :)

You guys rock. Thanks so much for getting it up for us.

Really appreciate the luv :)