• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine to Kratom

ThinkingofKratom

Greenlighter
Hi All,

New here. I am not sure if it's a cocaine addiction...but every time I drink...i NEED cocaine and do it. I am totally addicted to the social euphoria of cocaine. I obviously want to cut this habit as I have a family with 4 kids. My research has led me to Kratom. What are your thoughts and is this is good bridge? White kratom seems to mimic the feeling? I also do like snorting as a consumption method and thinking of kratom extract. The goal would to end cocaine...bridge to kratom first...and then done with all. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you

Same, every time I drink I crave cocaine. After 2 or 3 beers I need cocaine and will do it every time. I am trying to stop drinking.

not sure about the Kratom part because I have no clue where to buy it but look forward to the responses.

good question.

Kratom might help. However, I have seen far more anecdotes pertaining to it's success in helping people wean off of opiods, alcohol, and benzodiazepines than weaning off of coke, though.

I ve used Kratom for opioid w-d , so mostly Red Maeng Da, Green Vein strains are more stimulant especially if you are opioid naive . Also, you re likely to drink way less doing kratom, which is a plus.

PS Kratom has one of the foulest tastes on Earth, snorting the shit is pure insanity, buy caps or buy empty caps and fill them with the powder ( that s what I do) . It s worth a shot anyway. Also, how many times per week do u use blow?

One reason you may crave coke when drinking is that ingesting alcohol and cocaine together produces cocaethylene in your body. It's generally perceived as a better high than booze or coke alone. I used to be very addicted to this combo. Be careful.

Kratom affects everyone differently, but I get stimulation and mild euphoria from it. When I'm on kratom, I usually don't care about taking anything else-- or if I do, not much.
Again, YMMV.

More about cocaethylene:

Same, booze makes me crave coke. And coke makes me crave booze. Even though I know cocaethylene
is pretty damn not good for you. I do my best to stay away from them both.

As for Kratom, I'm not sure. I'm a little hesitant to recommend since kratom can cause physical dependence. But at the same time, its going to be a lot healthier for your heart, and if you're always drinking while you take coke, then that in itself is going to cause physical dependence, and one a lot more dangerous than kratom's.

It does have a stimulating effect, so I guess you could give it a try, even though usually its used for opioids. Let us know if it helps.

If you find a dose that helps ( start with 2 - 4g maybe)... don't increase it... There was a point where I was taking over an oz a day when I had started with 8 grams a day. I've heard on here people taking even more, 70+ grams. So while its relatively benign, you should still exercise caution.

Last edited:
Nothing can mimic Cocaine. Get that out of your head if your trying to stop.

I love kratom, such a good tool. I would definitely try that. Dont limit yourself to 1 strain/blend of kratom, sometimes those descriptions are total bullshit. Experiment see what works best for you. Do not start with extracts. You'll ruin your tolerance from the start and could possibly get sick if your not use to opiates.

So the colors means when the kratom was harvested. A lot of these fancy names are blends of original strains. Just a heads up to avoid gimmicky salesman.

My go to strains are red and dark brown. But I'm a long term opiate addict. Greens are a nice balance. Bali, Red Dragon, Bantaugie, Borneo is good to.

Might not be the best idea but you could dose the kratom and use less cocaine until you stop. But that'll take discipline because the combo is pretty pleasant for me especially with booze.

Last edited:
Hi All,

New here. I am not sure if it's a cocaine addiction...but every time I drink...i NEED cocaine and do it. I am totally addicted to the social euphoria of cocaine. I obviously want to cut this habit as I have a family with 4 kids. My research has led me to Kratom. What are your thoughts and is this is good bridge? White kratom seems to mimic the feeling? I also do like snorting as a consumption method and thinking of kratom extract. The goal would to end cocaine...bridge to kratom first...and then done with all. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you
If your goal is to end cocaine with other drugs, dexmethlyphenidate (focalin) used intranasally has receptor effects similar to those of cocaine. I find Focalin to feel cleaner and more potent than methylphenidate (ritalin) . Drinking on it forms ethlyphenidate, and just like cocaethlyene, it can produce very strong euphoric feelings and raise the potency of the stimulant. Chemically this is probably the closest to what you’re looking for. Is it a safe alternative? Fuck no.

It’s pretty well documented how unhealthy coke and alcohol is for you, and with how similar these compouds interact, I’m sure this combo is pretty bad for you as well.

You don’t need coke. It sounds like you’re having psychological withdrawals. They can be sneaky. Take care of yourself, give yourself a break dude. If you’re drinking a lot, and always doing coke with it, I’m of the opinion you don’t need to be doing any sort of bridge.
Cocaethlyene is cardiotoxic and it’s rough on you. If you’ve stopped doing coke your body is already healing. These things just take a little time, listen to your body and you 100% can get back to feeling normal, without these intense cravings for cocaine.

Last edited: