The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Cocaine Making a Comeback?

dhopeless

Bluelighter
I live in New England and have been in the counter-culture for about 6 years now. In my area, the most prominent drugs have always been opiates; namely OC's until they were gone, then 30's, and of course heroin has been here all along. We could always get cocaine, but it was usually poor quality and not many people were into it. However, recently it seems EVERYONE has been doing it, especially crack. The quality has gone way up, as has the availability. The stuff that's been around recently has been very strong and very clean. I never bothered with cocaine before because to find quality stuff was an expensive pain in the ass. But all of the sudden it's everywhere. And it's good. All the people I know that were predominately junkies have turned into crack heads. Of course they're all still addicted to opiates. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon? Is it primarily a Northeast thing, or is nationwide? Please share your thoughts and observations.

Well, I'm from CT and I used to do a lot of coke back in like 05-06 and it was pretty good. I stopped for a couple years until maybe 09-ish and it seems while I was gone it turned to shit, and since then it has steadily declined in quality until I stopped even bothering with it at all. I just bought a g on Saturday night for the first time in almost a year and I was pretty surprised. It wasn't the best I've had but it was damn good, I couldn't believe it.

Now, I chalk that up to a random occurrence but who knows maybe if other people are noticing it across the whole area there could be something to this. Curious to see what others say about it.

Edit: I wouldn't know shit about the quality of crack, I just don't smoke caine.

I am in the northeast. I'm more into Lucy and occasionally Molly, but I've done coke twice before when I had friends say it was really good. Recently I've heard price is down and quality is up! I just tried it the other day and it was great stuff!

i dunno everyone at somepoint it seems gets into coke..in my area its like the people in highschool who did drugs and coke pretty much slowed down once they got to college with iit but the kids who talked shit about drugs and didnt even smoke weed in highschool, were the ones that hyped it and made it seem like its the coolest thing once they got to college...and people you would never think would ddo coke starts hitting you up askin for it and rreally its a mind fuck cause you dont know if they are serious or not cause they talked so much shit

and then when you ask about it, they give reasons like "oh i wanted to do good and get into a good college and blah blah" and i cant do nothing but laugh cause we go to the same college and i did way worse and partied it up like no other in highschool..and then they are the ones who end up gettin kicked out and shit cause they couldnt handle the drugs and school, while the ones who smoked and did coke in highschool are the ones who did ok in college cause we already had the experiance with the drugs and knew how to handle them and school together

i dunno everyone at somepoint it seems gets into coke..in my area its like the people in highschool who did drugs and coke pretty much slowed down once they got to college with iit but the kids who talked shit about drugs and didnt even smoke weed in highschool, were the ones that hyped it and made it seem like its the coolest thing once they got to college...and people you would never think would ddo coke starts hitting you up askin for it and rreally its a mind fuck cause you dont know if they are serious or not cause they talked so much shit

and then when you ask about it, they give reasons like "oh i wanted to do good and get into a good college and blah blah" and i cant do nothing but laugh cause we go to the same college and i did way worse and partied it up like no other in highschool..and then they are the ones who end up gettin kicked out and shit cause they couldnt handle the drugs and school, while the ones who smoked and did coke in highschool are the ones who did ok in college cause we already had the experiance with the drugs and knew how to handle them and school together

Word. That shit's the truth

that story i told has to do with alot of people but one guy spicifically...i remember he used to be this goody goody all As and Bs straight prep richie kid and would tlak shit about us becoming stoners and all this, but once he got to college and joined a frat, he started smoking weed and doin coke and by his sophmore year he was sellin weed and coke and had to sit out a semester cause of grades and by his junior year he was arrested and kick ouuta school for good and all this other shit

and weve asked him like what the fuck was hi9s deal in highschool abnd like my highschool was 2 seperate jr highs combined and the one i went to is the lower more middle class area, while the one he went to was the upperclass area..so us from our area kinda stuck together more but we had friends from the other jr high and most of the girls we dated were from the other jr high (its like we grew up with our girls for years nad the new girls was like freshmeat and seemed so much hotter then ours andf our girls kinda did the same and dated the new guys)but the real richie guys stuck together(im talkin 5 of them familes are richer then 25of us combined) and like they would call us trash and scum and druggies..

but yeah he went to the real good academic college and saw that the people their partied just as much if not harder then we did and thats cause they were rich and had the money to do it notto mention they were smart as hell too..so it gave him a whiole new perspective on drugs and school and we went from being scum druggies to the guys he was callin tryin to ge the drugs from

i know another guy who was straight A kid in highschool never smoked or drank but was akid who hung around us cause ew had the girls and he went off to college and started smokin weed and drinkin and thats all he did..im talkin he had an epiphany when it came to weed and he went to class for a month or 2 and then stopped going and really didnt leave his dorm room..and all he did was blow his student loans on weed and booze and crazy $500+ bongs and he broke one and went and bought a more expensive one but yeah he didnteeven go home on holidays he would just stay in his dorm and get high and drunk.."john its frieday you going out?", "naw imm chill and play some video games"..i never knew anyone like that..he found weed and literally fell in love and treated it like heroin....like did nothing but smoke and eat and sleep but yeah he dropped out and never went back and i dont know what he does now

woah sorry for the long dope post, i would erase it and cut it down but whast the point its already written

TLDR version....its crazy man how people wont trust their friends of 10years but they try to impress their new friends in school to seem cool and end up being the persons they talked shit and hated so much

Having been in the NE counter culture myself now for quite a few years, I'd only wager to say that cocaine is ATTEMPTING A COMEBACK! I believe that heroin/opiates have already overtaken in a biggggggg way, ESPECIALLY in the northeast and new england (anyone whos ever been to RI/MA can attest to this, never have i ever seen commercials for methadone and suboxone clinics every commercial break).

Anyway, since there already WAS a resurgence of opiates, and THEY already made their comeback, I'd wager that the coke people are greedy to steal away some of that market and perhaps thats why quality ^ & prices down? Just like with ALL opiates quality down (even seein fake pills now!) & price ^, of course it'll be the other way around for those trying to break in.

And ive noticed people who do both coke/opiates have their "phases" where they alternate back and fourth between heavier cocaine and heavier opiate use. If you disagree with this thats fine but EVERYONE i know who ABUSED both coke AND opiates (and I mean abused, not like me where i'll do a bag of coke every once in awhile, I mean like go on week long coke benders then switch to a week long heroin bender, etc), and since they aren't "loyal" to their substance, the coke guys want them in their corner.

Again if you disagree lemme know but this is how i've been seeing it, especially in the north east and new england.

Story of my life bro !

yea dude it seems like everyone is doing heroin right now mainly smoking it

Yea very interesting...might be true. There's always coke here in nyc, but it's mostly garbage. Recently though I was offered a bump for the first time in a long time and it was actually very clean and good. Also, one of my friends tried some coke recently and said the quality surprised him. Lots of opiates here too...percs, vics, oxys, methadone. As for mdma? Haha...good fuckin luck. You better have a kit.

Southern California. Everyone knows a person with Cocaine. No one can get though...

i didnt know cocaine had ever left

DFW here and blow is super easy to find, high school kids can usually get it, college kids doin the bar scene all know where its at, mexicans always got a connect, i even know rich white parents who i grew up with thier kids who got it, i dont care much for cocaine and havent really associated with cocaine users since i stopped using it like 3-4 years ago but i always know people using it and am offered it about once every month or two, i turn em down cuz blow isnt my cup of tea anymore but yea it never left Texas and i doubt it ever will

Last edited:
yea dude it seems like everyone is doing heroin right now mainly smoking it

i have noticed an increase in heroin users as well

noticed it more so when i was using but been clean for over a year and still see it as being more common now then when i started

I believe from what I read on here that in general the quality seems to have gone back up. It was definitely shit for a while there but if it does "make a comeback" then it's only a matter of time before it turns to shit again. I remember 8 years ago good quality coke was seemingly everywhere and readily available at most popular bars and clubs. Like anything the demand seemed to have an impact on quality more than price and I think it's safe too say that the same will happen.

Don't call it a come back, it's been here for years.

It took this country by storm, and it's just gettin warm.

Damnit damnit damnit

yeah I dont know if it "went away" really, just got overshadowed by the Oxy explosion

It went away in the west. Well the quality went way down. The good shit just disappeared one day and meth took over.

how should I say this, i'm sure its around but it's become difficult to find "quality".

It seems to be everywhere in Toronto these days... I thought maybe it was just starting a new job and hanging around new people, but maybe it's a wider trend.

There's always coke around. However, it's weird. Lately, in Chicago, I've noticed there's two types of coke.

a) the kind you can cook into crack (what a friend calls "real cocaine")

b) this crazy stuff called "paco" that's some kind of Columbian cocaine paste. Expensive but people LOVE it. Have seasoned coke fiend friends who say it's some of the best shit they've ever done. It's a nice high, no jones/teethgrinding sort of thing. Doesn't fuck up your sinuses either. Same friend mentioned above calls it "fake cocaine" because he is a crackhead and likes to make his own and the first time I brought some over he immediately tried to cook it and wasted the bag.

has anyone else ever heard of this stuff? my dealers say that there is coke drought (sp?) happening, or starting to happen. so prices are going up and it's getting harder to get - my people can be out for a week and they're pretty high up on the "food chain".

the "pre-made"(for lack of better term) crack quality has been going down as well. Although the "paco" is good, I prefer to smoke crack because it doesn't mess up my sinuses/runny nose, etc. My friends think I'm insane.

the only meth i've seen in Chicago has been through gay friends. no desire to try it. am definitely more of a dopehead. LOL