• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine impairment versus other drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holly.3

Bluelighter
With cocaine, I've always been a very occasional user sometimes once or twice every couple months and other times going six months without touching it. Always snorting it, never smoked it or injected it. But other than euphoric High, it's not very noticeable physically that you're under the influence. And the occasional times that I drove after doing a couple of lines, I drove just as normal as I always do. I never felt that it impaired any of my judgment. I always felt that I could pass a sobriety test easily. I don't know if smoking it or injecting it as any difference in the impairment.

I've done ecstasy less than 12 times, LSD 4 times and smoked weed very occasionally, once or twice every couple of months or so. I did the Ecstasy back between 2005 and 2007. From what I remember, it didn't seem to impair my judgment to the point where I couldn't drive normally. But I never drove while high. The LSD, I never drove hi. It would be kind of hard to drive when all you see are the intense hallucinations and Out of Body Experience. And with the weed, I drove 4 times and each time from driving down the wrong side of the street to speeding and making Lane changes without checking to see if it was clear and realizing I need to be more safe just to keep on doing it or being paranoid at stop signs that even though I didn't see a car coming that I was going to pull out in front of a car or even having to drive down the middle Lane of a four-lane road to keep from drifting back and forth between lanes. I know it's a big topic weather weed impairs your judgment or not, I'm a firm believer that it does to an extent depending on how much you smoke and the intensity of the strain. But that's a different topic for a different day. But with the cocaine, I feel that I could drive or even do a sobriety test with no issues at all.

What other drugs are similar to cocaine in the fact that they don't impair your judgement the way like alcohol would while driving or trying to walk down a flight of stairs or even just trying to stand up straight?

Hey man this isn't really something we do, bdd is for harm reduction questions, I'm sorry I've got to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.