• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine - first time harm reduction!

Houseeveryweekend

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight!

So I took Cocaine for the first time this weekend, did one fairly big line after getting home from a night on MDMA (took about half a gram of MDMA over 7 hours.) As a result, although my Euphoria wasn't really improved - but I suppose I was already really euphoric from the MDMA - however it did make me feel really in control and a lot more focused (for some reason when i got home I was really disorientated and couldn't focus on a conversation - the coke improved this massively!) Now I did really enjoy what the coke did to me, and I know that I will 'get more out of it' if I did it alone (or with booze?.) However what I want to know is:

How can I avoid harm from the coke? (I know doing it with MDMA was a bad idea :( )
How can I avoid addiction/reduce the risks of addiction? (coke is a v.addictive drug and i want to avoid addiction)
How often should I leave it between taking?
What's the maximum amount one should reasonably do in a night? (by night I mean 9pm - 3/4am)

Thank you Bluelight - and be safe :D

The occasional times I do get some blow since I once got bad off on it the only drug that ever made me get out of control and I've done almost everything in the book Im sure you know just putting that out there be careful. Now that I'm done rambling, I find drinking a few beers and a few lines to be amazing the beer seems to take the "edge" jitters away. I would never do ecstasy and coke at the same time though to much strain on the heart.

Thankyou for the reply! :) Any advice on avoiding addiction? Just 'cos I know it is a very very more-ish substance ;)

For a start, don't mix it with ecstasy. Maybe I'm wrong here, or maybe you just got lucky, but my understanding is that coke blocks the mechanism through which MDMA releases dopamine and serotonin. So effectively you're likely either dulling the effects of the MDMA or just wasting a line of coke (depending on where you live, that can be quite an expensive waste).

Actually, now that I think about it again, what you experienced could well have been the coke offsetting the effects of the MDMA comedown. While it may seem pleasant or convenient, I really don't see any way in hell this can be a sustainable strategy.

As for your questions... For a start, you're dosing way too high. Half a gram of MDMA in one night is excessive, and if you make it a regular thing you're on the right path to screwing yourself up in the long term. You didn't specify your dose of coke (I've no idea what you consider a "fairly big line"), but if they're anywhere near the same scale as your MDMA doses you can be sure that addiction and withdrawal won't wait long to rear their ugly heads.

There is no definite way to avoid addiction. The only suggestions I have are:

1. Don't allow your use to become too regular, coke use frequency creeps up on you. Once a month is maximum for me

2. Stick to snorting the drug. Smoking (crack) and IV will ramp up your use considerably and make it very morish.

3. Avoid doing it alone unless you have very strong willpower and can limit your use. For example, making a very good gram last a week.

As you already know mixing coke with other substances which increase heart rate and vasoconstriction such as MDMA and even weed, is a bad idea. Mixing alcohol with coke is great but does increase the cardiovascular damage somewhat.

Try and make sure to rinse out your nose with water after using.

The amount you use varies massively depending on purity.