• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine anxiety

Antdogg169

Greenlighter
In normally the type of person that just searches and reads other ppls posts... But i cant find anything that answers my questions. So for the longest time i had to have xanax when i get coke, specifically for when i have to call it a night because i need some sort of sleep cor work or i just plain ran out. But lately i started wondering if taking a xan bar before i start doing bumps... Becuz my issue lately is i cant enjoy my coke because i start having an anxiety attack. Not just a general anxiety attack its wierd, basically i cant stop focusing on my heart going fast and i like stiff my shoulders the whole time for some reason. Does this happen to anyone else?? Im just trying to find out if its common. Because it sucks i used to hzve so much fun when i pick up coke, lately not as much because of this...i was addicted to opiates for years, was sober for a while till a staryes the coke. And i hate uppers(meth) but good xoke gives u a crazy euphoria. (I get high quality, breaks into flakes not powder) so basically, does anyone get a panic attack about there heart going fast EVERYtime they use? ( its not the stuff i have plenty connects) only time it dont happen is my first high of the day

Hey I totally know the feeling. I usually get it when I lay down and try to rest. And then my chest gets really tight and I get tight pinching in my heart. I usually take a Valum or lorazepam or Xanax to help. It?s mainly in your head. Well for me it is. I just lay there and try to relax, there?s been a couple times it got so bad I thought I was overdosing, but it?s all in my head.

I'm being 100% honest with you... Once you start having anxiety attacks you'll never enjoy coke/meth again. When you start having anxiety attacks that's your bodys way of telling you it's time to quit... I'm only bring real with cha brotha. I have anxiety attacks too. They ruined my crystal meth life. That was my doc from 1998 to 2006. I started having a major panic attack in 04 when I was up for 3 days smoking crystal mixed with heroin. Had them every single time I got twisted after that. My heart would go a million miles an hour. It felt like my heart was literally going to explode. It got really bad... Had to drink 30 packs of bud light when I smoked the pipe just to relax my anxiety with the dope. I became a mess. Then I started having anxiety when I wasn't high. I've been clean for 12 yrs now and because of the dope I developed horrible anxiety til this day. I learned how to control my panic attacks about 4 yrs ago without benzos or any other anxiety medications. I haven't had one since. But I know if I was to smoke some pure I would have one for sure. Time to quit bro it's really not worth it... Sorry. Now I'm addicted to opiates and opioids but I've been clean from street drugs for 3 years now because of methadone. 80mg of methadone has saved my life. Sadly I'm just an addict trying to stay clean daily. God bless you and your journey brotha!

Last edited:
I've been there 100% man, and to be honest, it sucks a lot. I always get anxiety about my heart with any non-downer, even when i smoke weed sometimes. Eventually I'd just let me heart beat fast and just take a deep breath, have a drink and I'd be right as rain (not recommending you combine with alcohol, just sharing my experience) I'd recommend going a little easier on the doses or stopping for a while. You may also benefit from washing your cocaine with acetone (i'm pretty sure there's instructions somewhere on BL on how to do that), I've noticed that uncut cocaine doesn't give me that anxiety nearly as much, I find that a lot of the cuts in coke are cardiotoxic, and synergize with cocaine's cardiotoxicity, making the tachycardia dominate the experience at even small doses. If that doesn't help, then try out the xanax, just make sure you have more for later, cause if you come down from both at once.... You're gonna have a bad time. Also tolerance breaks help! it gives your body time to heal and your endorphins to balance out so u get more dopamine and serotonin instead of all just adrenaline and epinepherine.