• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonidine can help increase dopamine without increase norepinephrine in DNRIs?

tiagootb

Greenlighter
Im taking Ritalin for some months now. In the first weeks, i get a good effect. My focus is "clean" and i get things done. The focus is more in a reward way, like play a videogame. So probably, effect of dopamine increase.

BUT, methylphenidate is also a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. In the last weeks, im getting a effect of jittery and anxiety. I try every dose in a 5mg-15mg range, and i get the same anxiety/noise/jittery feeling.

So, i test 60mg of pseudoephedrine (without mph), and the feeling is close the same. So probably, im have a excess of NE in my system when i take ritalin.

After some research, i see a lot of controversial data about clonedine.

Someone here, can explain to me, if clonedine, as a alpha 2 agonist (block norepinephrine release), go help in my case? My intention is get the good side of MPH (increase the dopamine), without the interference of the increase in norepinephrine. I can achieve this?

Another question, what is the ideal dosage to get a CNS effect with clonedine?

And a last question. I have a heart beat close to 55-60 when resting. Can be dangerous use clonedine?

Many thanks for any advice, and sorry for my english.

Clonidine will probably help with the jitteriness and is great for sleep, they'll probably start you out on .1 or .2 mg to see how it affects your blood pressure.

Clonidine will probably help with the jitteriness and is great for sleep, they'll probably start you out on .1 or .2 mg to see how it affects your blood pressure.

Thanks. I go try... i just dont undestand how clonidine works. If it "control" the noradrealine emission on pre-frontal-cortex, or if decrease. This make me insecure, because i cant undestand why exactly this thing works :(, and probably my doctor too. They know "it works", but no "how works" probably.

In my mind, i have excess of noradrealine caused by MPH. I just dont know if clonidine counter this or not, or work in other ways to decrease the anxiety/jittery.

Anyway, thanks for help.