• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam Withdrawal Question.

V82

Bluelighter
Do you think I will go through withdrawal with this use of clonazepam? And if I do what is the maximum time it will take too start?

I used to take 1 to 1.5 mg of clonazepam 8 times a month. On September 21st, 2014 I stopped cold turkey and did not go through withdrawal.

On December 18th, 2014 I got 15 mg of clonazepam from my pharmacist. I took all 15 mg by January 26th 2015. I did not go through withdraw after ceasing usage.

On Wednesday February 11th I got another script for 30 mg of clonazepam. Since then I have gone overboard and took 5.5 mg in 4 days.

So I took 15 mg from December 18, 2014 to January 26, 2015 and seemed fine for the next 16 days.

Since February 11th I have taken 5.5 mg. If I stop now will I likely go through withdrawal??

If I understand you right, you should be fine. 5.5 mg over ~5 days is really not very much. And more importantly, the really awful benzo WD symptoms are most common after *long term* usage. Since it sounds like you've been using it on-again/off-again, I can't imagine you'll see anything too bad. I hope not! Good luck.

I would only be worried if you were a daily user. I am prescribed klonopin 2mg daily and I was put in jail they took me off it basically cold turkey (1 mg for 4 days then none, hardly a wean) anyways I has severe anxiety for about a month, and very poor coordinationas well as occasional twitches. It was bad. Due to the long half life of klonopin it builds up in your system with daily use and its a bitch to come off of. Now that ive been released my doctor put me back on the 2mg daily and is very careful to make sure I dont run out because there is a seizure risk.

I used only 0,25 mg daily for 4 months now (the last benzo usage stage) and seems I have withdrawal symptoms. Not extremely severe, but quite noticeable, interfering with daily life.