• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam Vs. Bromazepam to help sleep?

doppelganga196

Bluelighter
Hi there. I'm currently taking diazepam which works of course, but only really for my insomnia--does little for daytime agitation.

I'm after a long lasting benzo that will keep my chill during the day & ease me into sleepy land at bedtime. I'm NOT looking for a hypnotic as i've dabbled with those plenty.

I know clonaz isn't the most sedating of the benzodiazepines but how about if i took .25/.5 during the day then 1 mg at night to help me relax enough to sleep?

Any thoughts?

P.S i only have limited supplys so i doubt i'll be on these drugs longer than a month.

p.p.s i'm now debating whether bromazepam may be the better option after all the posts about 'rebound effects'

Last edited:
I used to take clonazapam, and the decently long half life definitely did help me sleep. Have you thought about maybe sticking with your Valium in the day, then trying to get something like temazapam (restoril) for sleep?

Try asking your doctor for the extended release formulation of alprazolam (Xanax XR). Alprazolam is a potent benzodiazepine that may work better than diazepam towards your daytime agitation, without overly sedating you. And for sleep, perhaps have an additional rx for immediate release alprazolam to take just before bedtime.

Clonazepam is pretty good at putting me to sleep, better than, say, lorazepam.

A true hypnotic benzo would do the trick a lot better, though.

If you don't want to take benzos for sleep, Maybe try some of the Z drugs - Zopiclone 7.5mg and Zolpidem 10mg (Ambien).

Jesus^ i said i'm not after hypnotics! I want a long lasting benzo to help me sleep, not knock me out like zopiclone, zolpidem or xanax.

And can anybody tell me the right dose for getting to sleep with clonazepam? I have a low benzo tolerance, but i'm in no way naieve to their effects.

Clonazepam is good for sleep in my opinion. One of the better benzodiazepines for that purpose. I would recommend 1mg if you have a low tolerance and 2mg if your tolerance is moderate.

How much diazepam are you currently taking, and when do you dose, and how do you split it up? Are you looking into switching to another benzo completely or adding clonazepam to the mix? Clonazepam is GOOD for sleep in my opinion. Effects are long-lasting, and fairly strong even though some say they are "subtle". Of course getting off clonazepam could be harder than getting off diazepam, so there is that to consider. Are you going to be taking these benzos daily for some time, or just as needed?

I've had severe insomnia at various points throughout my life. After Ambien, Ambien XR, Lunesta and Tramasomething, docs usually move to benzos. Well, at least they did for me.

Me too.

I currently take for sleep: 30-90mg Temazepam with 1-3 mg of Clonazepam

On a good night generally 60mg tpam and 1mg cpam.

The clonazepam is what I feel helps more for the sleep actually. It has a good mix of anti-anxiety, muscle relaxant and mild sedation. So in combination with Temazepam it works great.

I try not to take them every night, I use lunesta some nights, or just 1mg clonazepam plus an antihistamine.

How about this answer:
when I first took kpin I was in love with it. I slept great. but that shit doesn't last and my insomnia and agitation is totally fucking worse now I went into wd.

for sleep a hypnotic benzo(temazepam, triazolam, etc) or a "Z-drug"(Ambien, Lunesta, etc) is better than clonazepam, which is more for(actually the best for imo) anxiety and stress.

if you don't want something addictive, theres always Seroquel(it will put you to sleep without fail, although too high a dose will make you feel like a zombie).

So does anybody with experience with clonaz & bromaz have thoughts on which would better suit my needs?

The diazepam i'm on is good but doesn't always seem to last as long as it should. I hear Bromazepam lasts a little longer but is it sedating enough?

Let's keep this rolling folks ; )

Bromazepam lasts much shorter than diazepam. Approx. HL is 20 hours. It's quite sedating, yes.