• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazepam increasing dependence

Dcole461

Bluelighter
Hello all,

I currently take 0.5mg of clonazepam a day (.25 twice a day). I think I need to increase to 1mg per day until I see my doctor next week. Will that increase my dependence or will I be able to drop back down next week without withdrawal symptoms?

Thanks!

You might experience some withdrawal from the decrease after the period of increase. Depends on how sensitive you are to withdrawal and how long you've been on it.

If you've been on the same dose for years and went up for a week and then back down you'd likely feel it. Why do you feel the need to increase it?

You might experience some withdrawal from the decrease after the period of increase. Depends on how sensitive you are to withdrawal and how long you've been on it.

If you've been on the same dose for years and went up for a week and then back down you'd likely feel it. Why do you feel the need to increase it?

I'm having other health issues related to blood sugar and my heart, I don't think I was eating enough. But now anxiety around food is driving me nuts. Even though I'm trying to eat more, I get heart palpitations and I've been to the ER twice because of them. No issues, but I just need to calm down until my appointment. I don't know what else to do.

If you decide going up for a week at least first try to go up by 0.25mg . You would make yourself a favour in the long run, as 1mg is doubling your current dosage and is similiar like going from 10mg diazepam to 20mg. If you are able try to increase by smallest effective amount. I hope your problems are temporary and will subside soon.