Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

clonazepam in aus?

are they?
what are there brand names?

Ive only been given lorazepam & valium for general anxiety.
temazepam for sleeping.
xanax for panic attacks

what's k-pins prescribed for?

is 2mg of k-pins stronger than 2mg of xanax? i mean will it lower ya inhinitions more as in make ya stagger around talking to strangers & get amnesia like a high dose of xanax or is it more subtle like valium?

im asking because i barely get effected by benzos. I dont even feel 150mg of valium. I might be getting some xanax soon so hopefully i might get some relaxation out of what would knock most ppl out. SO I wanna go for the one that gets a the most wasted in other words.

i know xanax is stronger than valium & temazepam but is it stronger than k-pins too?

clonaz is widely available in Australia.IMO clonaz is on par with xanax but on dif levels hard to explane.clonaz is more of a super chill and xanax is kinda messy lol....brand names i've seen for clonaz has been klopin and Rivotril in aus.in other countrys its under thee names Ravotril, Rivatril, Clonex, Paxam, or Kriadex.

my friend was on temzapam for sleeping but due to its short half life he was awake again within 2 hours,he told the doctor this so she put him on clonaz (100 tablet script yeah boiii :p ) clonaz cn also be prescribed for anxity but i've only ever heard of it being prescribed for sleep.you must have one hell of a tolly to benzos if ur not feeling 150mg....40mg of valium in 1 dose gets me to where i wanna be and i hammer the benzos

i tried getting it from my doc and as soon as he punched it up on his pc it was flagged for certain patients only like epilepsy so good luck

i tried getting it from my doc and as soon as he punched it up on his pc it was flagged for certain patients only like epilepsy so good luck

sure is dynamo... here's the indicated use from the CMI.

"What RIVOTRIL is used for:

RIVOTRIL drops and tablets are used for the treatment of epilepsy in infants, children and adults. RIVOTRIL injection is also used to
treat status epilepticus (prolonged or repeated fits or seizures without any recovery between attacks).
RIVOTRIL belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines.
They are thought to work by their action on brain chemicals.

Your doctor, however, may have prescribed RIVOTRIL for another purpose."

Doc's can always prescribe for off label use though :)

Paxam or Rivotril

MIMS Abbreviated Prescribing Information
Clonazepam

Section: 3(g) Anticonvulsants - Central Nervous System
Product Images: Paxam 0.5 mg, Paxam 2 mg
Use in pregnancy: B3*
Permitted in sport

Use: Benzodiazepine. Partial, generalised epilepsy in adults; most types of epilepsy in children esp absence, myoclonic seizures and tonic-clonic fits
Contraindications: Known benzodiazepine hypersensitivity; COAD with incipient respiratory failure; drug, alcohol, CNS depressant dependency; severe hepatic impairment
Precautions: Abrupt withdrawal; spinal, cerebellar ataxia; sleep apnoea; brain damage; acute narrow angle glaucoma; high dose; use > 4 wks (monitor LFTs, FBC); myasthenia gravis; hypotension sensitive conditions; respiratory, hepatic, renal impairment; depression, psychosis; acute alcohol intoxication; addiction prone; galactose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency, glucose/ galactose malabsorption (should not use); porphyria; elderly, debility; pregnancy, lactation (must not use); infants, small children
Adverse Reactions: CNS disturbance incl drowsiness, somnolence, impaired memory, amnesia, dizziness; incr fall risk; respiratory depression; salivary, bronchial hypersecretion (esp children); tolerance; dependence; incr frequency, severity of grand mal seizures; behaviour problems; fatigue; muscle weakness; ataxia; vertigo; paradoxical reaction (eg agitation, nervousness, hostility, anxiety, sleep disturbance, nightmares, vivid dreams, rage, stimulation, excitement); hypotension (rare); alopecia (rare); others, see full PI
Interactions: See Contra; CNS depressants eg anticonvulsants, Li, sedatives, hypnotics, barbiturates, antidepressants, antipsychotics, narcotics, anaesthetics, skeletal muscle relaxants, antihistamines; disulfiram; cimetidine; anticholinergics; respiratory depressants

Paxam (Tablets) Rx (S4) CMI
This product may cause drowsiness
Clonazepam; lactose; peach (0.5 mg), white (2 mg); cross scored; gluten free
Dose: May be taken with or without food. Individualise dose. Initially. Admin in 2 divided doses. Adults: 1 mg/day. Children, 2-5 yrs: 0.5 mg/day; 6-12 yrs: 0.75 mg/day. Maintenance. Admin in 3-4 divided doses. Adults: 4-8 mg/day; max 20 mg/day. Children, 2-5 yrs: 1.5-3 mg/day; 6-12 yrs: 3-6 mg/day. Elderly, hepatic impairment: may reduce dose
Pack 0.5 mg [100] : $21.99
Pack 0.5 mg [100] (G) : Authority - PBS/RPBS
[Approved indication(s) for authority] Continuing supply for palliative care patients for the prevention of epilepsy.
No applications for repeats will be authorised.
PBS: $13.31
Pack 0.5 mg [100] (G) : Authority - PBS/RPBS (Rp 3)
[Approved indication(s) for authority] Initial supply (for up to 4 months) for palliative care patients for the prevention of epilepsy;
Continuing supply for palliative care patients for the prevention of epilepsy, where consultation... [more...]
PBS: $13.31
Pack 0.5 mg [100] x 2 (G) : Authority - PBS/RPBS (Rp 2)
[Approved indication(s) for authority] Neurologically proven epilepsy. CAUTION: Abuse of clonazepam has been reported. Refer to the current product information.
PBS: $20.20
Pack 2 mg [100] : $34.97
Pack 2 mg [100] (G) : Authority - PBS/RPBS
[Approved indication(s) for authority] Continuing supply for palliative care patients for the prevention of epilepsy.
No applications for repeats will be authorised.
PBS: $19.38
Pack 2 mg [100] (G) : Authority - PBS/RPBS (Rp 3)
[Approved indication(s) for authority] Initial supply (for up to 4 months) for palliative care patients for the prevention of epilepsy;
Continuing supply for palliative care patients for the prevention of epilepsy, where consultation... [more...]
PBS: $19.38
Pack 2 mg [100] x 2 (G) : Authority - PBS/RPBS (Rp 2)
[Approved indication(s) for authority] Neurologically proven epilepsy. CAUTION: Abuse of clonazepam has been reported. Refer to the current product information.
PBS: $32.34

Hello, I live in America right now. I don't like it much here and am wanting to move my Family to Australia. I get prescribed Clonazipam 2MG here and I need to know how I will be able to transfer my medication from the U.S to Aus. Does anyone know how that works? Thank you in advance for any help :)

I assume the best person to speak to about this matter would be your doctor. If he is unsure, perhaps you could contact an Australian embassy.

I would imagine that your current doctor can send your medical history over to a GP in Australia that you nominate. I don't see any reason a doctor wouldn't write you scripts for a medication which they have documentation that you have been on for an extended period of time.

^Yeah as per Drug_mentor, ask your doctor because there will be a process that they will be aware of, I'm pretty sure standard procedure is as simple as a letter from your doctor and your doctor may even make sure you have enough on hand before you leave depending on local laws and the relationship you have with them and your circumstances.

If I was travelling anywhere I would have a letter from my doc and all my meds would be clearly labelled with my name all over it as prescribed.

I remember when i was an in patient at a mental hospital, there was a lady i got along with who was getting administered the klonopin wafers at nights. Said they were great, completely removed her manic/insomniac behaviour.