• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazepam causing resrtlessness and some other stuff.

UtterlyConfused

Bluelighter
So, as I've said, I switched directly over from 10mg of Diazepam 3x daily to Clonazepam 1 1/2 mg 3d daily. It's been just a little over a two weeks and I can't get comfortable. OCD thoughts seem a bit worse and my muscle spasms seem more pronounced. Not sure what is going on. I can't sit still and just toss and turn in bed because of the body restlessness. Not a whole lot of anxiety though. Depression is pretty bad though. Insights?

If I were you I'd talk to your doctor since its apparent klonopin isn't working for you. I'd ask if possible going back to diazepam or another long acting benzo

you should have tapered down on the Valium more gradually than you did. you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms most likely. here is a great website/guide about benzos and how to taper safely ... there are charts with equivalency information and all sorts of good info that would help you more than i can. check it out here:The Ashton Manual Index page

you should have tapered down on the Valium more gradually than you did. you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms most likely. here is a great website/guide about benzos and how to taper safely ... there are charts with equivalency information and all sorts of good info that would help you more than i can. check it out here:The Ashton Manual Index page

I don't think this a withdrawal issue and tapering wasn't necessary. He switched to a stronger benzo and the dosages are pretty much the same in a equivalency chart

So, as I've said, I switched directly over from 10mg of Diazepam 3x daily to Clonazepam 1 1/2 mg 3d daily. It's been just a little over a two weeks and I can't get comfortable. OCD thoughts seem a bit worse and my muscle spasms seem more pronounced. Not sure what is going on. I can't sit still and just toss and turn in bed because of the body restlessness. Not a whole lot of anxiety though. Depression is pretty bad though. Insights?
Possibly the timing of when you're taking the Klonopin since it does take a while to kick in. If you're going at the same schedule it may be working at times but not as well at others.

If I were you I'd talk to your doctor since its apparent klonopin isn't working for you. I'd ask if possible going back to diazepam or another long acting benzo

This

Maybe it's a paradoxical reaction ?

Yeah I always found valium worked better than klonopin for me. If I was able to I would switch back to my old script of 3-4 10mg valium a day compared to what I take now which is 3 1mg klonopin a day. Valium made me much more relaxed in general and I always felt happy on it. I would go back to the valium if I were you.