• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Clean for 4 years, prescribed opiates

My awful attitude of complimenting you on your 4 year sobriety whilst urging you not to ruin it over a mere broken leg?

Ok…

This is a harm reduction board, I don’t know what it is you’re seeking but you won’t find anyone encouraging you to relapse here.

Good luck with the leg.
I didn't say 'awful', I just politely pointed out that I found your attitude to be triggering. I really don't think it is fair to be so confrontational with me. I am not looking for encouragement to relapse.

Nope, I was not suggesting anything of the sort. WHERE did I say you were 'pain pill seeking' -?
I merely reiterated what you said yourself, that you obviously weren't trusting yourself with them. So please don't twist the words in my mouth when I'm just attempting to be helpful.

Also HAHA I do decidedly NOT have 'the self control of the gods'.
I'm impulsive and emotionally unstable and instant - gratification - seeking. The classic so - called 'addictive personality' if you will.

... Believe it or not but 'self control' doesn't even come into it as far as I'm concerned. Nor do I regard myself as in the SLIGHTEST sense 'better' than you, which is how you appear to be interpreting me. And I'm ALSO a fuckin realist.
I know how far I can tax myself.

Moderate users don't have superior amounts of this elusive quality, and heavy users do not lack it. When I was using several times a day I was doing exactly what I felt that I needed and therefore WANTED to do.
I never increased my self - control, willpower or whatever when I cut down my use. I found ways to lessen the want of it. Same result but totally different starting point.
Thank you for your input and your point of view.

I didn't say 'awful', I just politely pointed out that I found your attitude to be triggering. I really don't think it is fair to be so confrontational with me. I am not looking for encouragement to relapse.
I think you need to examine your own behaviour and try to figure out why my perfectly reasonable responses to your OP annoys you.

Of course I’ve a good idea as to why it is but introspection is a good skill to have and you’re going to listen to yourself over someone else anyway.

Again, all the best and I truly do hope you manage to find another way to cope whilst your leg is healing.

I think you need to examine your own behaviour and try to figure out why my perfectly reasonable responses to your OP annoys you.

Of course I’ve a good idea as to why it is but introspection is a good skill to have and you’re going to listen to yourself over someone else anyway.

Again, all the best and I truly do hope you manage to find another way to cope whilst your leg is healing.
and perhaps you need to look at why you are baiting someone clearly struggling, quite badly injured, and asking for help and support.

Where does methadone come into the equation?

A script for a broken leg is finite, it'll only be a short period. Maybe 90-160 pills maximum will be prescribed for this purpose. If you need it you need it. If you feel withdrawal after I'd recommend switching to kratom and tapering off.

If you don't need it then just use ibuprofen.
I think they just meant that should they end up getting addict
and perhaps you need to look at why you are baiting someone clearly struggling, quite badly injured, and asking for help and support.
Can ya’ll both just take the L and squash it? Zoe is clearly struggling right now and it looks to me like y’all just misunderstood each other. Come on guys.

It's ok. I clearly made a mistake trying to talk about this.
No you didn’t make a mistake at all. 90% of people in this community are really good people who are here to support others in the same situation. Unfortunately it seems you two really took each other’s comments in a way neither of them were meant. Please do message me privately if you need further answers, I would be more than happy to help you, seriously. I hope you take me up on that & I hope today is going to be a better day for you and that you won’t be in as much pain. Trust me, I really understand when it comes to pain 💜

Whatever you decide to do at least give normal painkillers like paracetamol and ibuprofen and try a chance to work and then if you think the pain relief is not enough you can do oxy I used to always used the strongest painkillers possible for serious pain because obviously you would think the weaker ones suck right but you would be suprised. A few times I've had no painkillers just paracetamol and/or ibuprofen and I took them thinking better then nothing barely twenty minutes later my toothache was numbed nicely and I went sleep since then I've appreciated the power of para and ibuprofen they work best when you take them together though

Hey...are you suggesting i was pain pill seeking? Don't you think fucking up my leg like this was a bit far to go in that case? I mean a bad back usually suffices. Or a headache. Ya know...something not provable but painful.
I am a realist. I know myself, and whilst I am glad you have the self control of the Gods, my friend this is my absolute upper limit. Of course the pills are a temptation. I've been an addict for much of my life. I don't do shaming. Ill admit it, I am weak...but you know what, I have never met many strong people when it comes to opiates.
If I went into this blindly saying 'Oh shucks, I will be FINE' with absolutely no 'bracing for impact', the inevitable collision with addiction that will happen, I would be in shit. Denial of issues never did me any good.
mate chill he just doesn't want you to get hooked again after you have done so well I kind of agree with him but all I'm gonna tell you to do is at least give something weaker like I said above that isn't addictive a chance to work and if, and if it don't help and your still in intolerable pain fair play to you take some oxy at least you can tell your doc honestly that you tried normal painkillers and they didn't work if your smart you will micro dose the oxy and take the lowest possible dose easier said then done with opiates though that's for sure.

It's ok. I clearly made a mistake trying to talk about this.
Everyone does mate and your in pain your irritable as anyone would be we understand. Just remember everyone is giving you valuable sometimes first hand experience and advice what you choose to do with it is up to you. Keep us updated

Now it's time for my morning cappuccino and joint and I say adu bonjour

I was clean and took opiates after surgery but i used them as prescribed and that was it,
No reason to have to grin and deal with the pain , after a week the worst is over with broken bones after that they arent needed

Well, I've screwed up my knee on the other leg too. I can't put any weight on it, and the very intense pain shooting up from the inside of my knee into my thigh is making using crutches impossible. It is such intense pain I have no idea what to do. I can't afford any more treatment. Dr Google seems to think that the pain alongside the numbness in my thigh/groin on that side is something nerve related, due to the fall I guess. I can't even get my foot flat on the floor and it is meant to be the good leg. I am in so much pain. Not touched the pills. Not touched the weed. Not had a drink. Nothing. I just sat here crying for about an hour this morning.
I can't just use the pills as the doc directed. That is a bit too much to expect of me. The pain plus the idea of taking ibruprofen for it makes me horrendously angry. It won't work. In an ideal world they would have operated. I just can't afford the time or the money.
Thanks to all those that were supportive. Appreciated.

I know you don’t want to hear this, but I find ibuprofen more helpful than opiates in some cases, maybe just give it a try ? Toss 500mg and see what happens, worst case you don’t get any relief which you already arnt getting

I know you don’t want to hear this, but I find ibuprofen more helpful than opiates in some cases, maybe just give it a try ? Toss 500mg and see what happens, worst case you don’t get any relief which you already arnt getting
I know you are right, just psychologically I just can't. I don't think I have ever had hydrocodone for pain, I just remember it being pretty boring. If this was oxy I would be screwed. I'm going back to the ortho tomorrow. No idea how I am even going to get down the stairs to get there. This is so pathetic. Im going to try and just force myself to get through this with no pain relief. Serves me right, really...