View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Classical Music on DXM

aujiraman

Greenlighter
I tripped on DXM yesterday, (414 mg - 4 mg/kg, enhanced by cannabis), and for the first half of the trip, I pulled out the classical CD's instead of listening to rock and metal on my phone (what I usually do). I studied music for a while, so I have quite a collection. I went from a various classical piano CD to Rachmaninoff's Vespers, then to Britten's War Requiem (I was almost peaking), then Handel's Messiah.

Here are some things I found:

Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" mvt. 1- I heard harmonies, dissonances, and resolutions as I have never heard them before. The way each note in each harmony also plays out melodically became apparent to me.

Debussy's "Clair de Lune" - Positively euphoric. The first few bars seemed like minutes - lifted the trip a notch or two.

Rachmaninoff's "Vespers" (Shaw Festival Singers Recording) - First movement was overpowering. Waves of sharp, lifting euphoria. "Aliluia" section also amazing. Very calming. After this, I got a bit bored / anxious to try something else and moved on.

Britten's "War Requiem" (Original Recording) - Highly mystical - in a dark sort of way. The chanting choir and clashing orchestra reaches enormous heights of this dark euphoria during the "Dies Irae" section (very nearly raised me to the third plateau), and then again during the Offertorium, before the baritone tells Wilfred Owen's macabre poetic re-writing of the Bible's story of Abraham's test of obedience. After this section, when the creepy children's choir comes in, I felt like moving on.

"Handel's Messiah" - I noticed that the first movement was extremely slow (I have yet to go back and confirm this). The Messiah, for the most part, is extremely happy sounding to me. On DXM, parts of it almost had me dancing.

After selections from the Messiah, I got bored with sitting in the living room (a restless feeling which often strikes me at lower doses - My brain says "Go do something else," and I am compelled to obey).

Anyhow, just thought I'd share. Anyone else listen to classical on DXM? Any good suggestions for listening while tripping?

Last edited:
I love listening to classical music on any psychedelic, especially piano solo works. It's one of the best types of music to listen to because it's so complex and so full of feeling and subtlety.

love wagner, handel, Tchaikovsky, stravinsky......just a couple that stick out that are fun for psych listening

I like dark, for DXM especially. For me, it kind of fits the trip. Never listened to much music on shrooms (usually trip outside), listened to a fair bit on LSD - Barber's Adagio for Strings is absolute bliss on LSD - almost religiously intense.