• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Citalopram (Celexa) + Psychadelics = Safe?

Robinvanpersie

Bluelighter
I'm now on a very low dose of Citalopram (10mg/day) but still wants to have my psych trips sometimes with ALD-52, 4-aco-dmt or shrooms but want to know if it's safe.

I've heard the SSRI's gonna reduce the effect of the psych but if I find a slightly higher dose that's still giving me the effects I want - is it safe?

Thx

I searched and searched for the answer to this question earlier this year when I was put on celexa, and couldn't find shit. So I went ahead with self experimenting starting with low doses. For me, I have no problem tripping on LSD and all of the lysergamides. There was no reduction in effects like I had been reading everywhere - if anything I was tripping slightly harder lol! Anyway I've had no problems combining with LSD, al-lad, 1p, ald, eth, miprocin, mushrooms, dpt and ketamine, but ymmv.

It won't hurt you if it's acid/shrooms. Don't take it with dxm. Celexa does diminish the effects of acid/shrooms for most people, but for some it might increase it. Depends on the person, but it won't hurt you more than plain acid could.

Thanks guys!

I've always wondered why SSRI's should diminish the effects. Most SSRI's acts by blocking the reuptaking "doors" where the serotonin is, right? But that's not where the LSD or shrooms molecules goes anyway, or have I missed something?

Does anyone here have experience with 2C-x's while on citalopram? I know about MDMA being damn near worthless while on celexa, but was wanting to get into some of my 2C collection lately. I want to dose some 2C-E mang! And also D & C!!! Anybody feel me?!? ...it's been awhile