• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Cirrhosis at 25?

Johnny D

Greenlighter
Fuck me, I thought this was supposed to be an old man's disease but my doctor tells me I'm very close to the "tipping point", when shit becomes irreversible. Anybody got any first hand knowledge or experience on this? Would appreciate it.

Fuck me, I thought this was supposed to be an old man's disease but my doctor tells me I'm very close to the "tipping point", when shit becomes irreversible. Anybody got any first hand knowledge or experience on this? Would appreciate it.
Your doctor is right. My pretty young friend got cirrhosis and while you’re still young you have chance to recover pretty good. The older you are and the longer disease persist the worse it is. That’s pretty much it. Just stop drinking and save yourself.

You can definitely get cirrhosis at a young age. It would be prudent to stop drinking. If you are drinking large amounts, it's important that you not stop cold turkey as alcohol withdrawal can be lethal. Talk to your doctor about stabalizing with benzos and other medication. You are still young and it's possible for you to make a full recovery over time. A support network like SMART or AA can also be useful to know you're not alone in this battle and for a sense of accountability. Best of luck.

I will tell you from personal experience that shit will get a lot worse for you in the next five years. In our twenties we all feel pretty invincible. But after I hit 30 not long ago it's like I woke up one morning and everything felt different. My hangovers are worse. I experience random pains in places I never used to. It takes me a week to fully recover from a drinking binge instead of a day.

What I'm saying is, you should take advantage of still being 25 and start making as much progress as you can as quickly as you can. You don't want to keep fucking around and waste this valuable time. Turn shit around now because one year, five years, ten years down the road, you'll be looking back wishing you did.

Alcoholol is a pretty mediocre drug. Tbh Id rather get addicted to smelling the farts of c-cup owners than alcoholol.

Cirrhosis at 25 should make you stop alcohol completely. And avoid other depressants too. You can propably ask your doctor for some diazepam to quit drinking. But your risk to get addicted to that is like 97.75%

Sorry to hear this. Hope you can stay off the booze. Meant in the best possible way, there must have been those with worse drinking who were able to recovar, hmm?

Alcoholol is a pretty mediocre drug. Tbh Id rather get addicted to smelling the farts of c-cup owners than alcoholol.

Cirrhosis at 25 should make you stop alcohol completely. And avoid other depressants too. You can propably ask your doctor for some diazepam to quit drinking. But your risk to get addicted to that is like 97.75%
Do people in rehab addicted to whiffing C-cup farts mock the addictions of those addicted to whiffing A-cup farts like all the heroin addicts do to the hydrocodone addicts?

Asking for a friend(itty bitty titty committee)...

Sorry to hear OP. I'd take others advice. Shit only gets worse and liver failure death sucks.

That’s why I have to damage myself even more with a stim when I drink

I heard a woman last night who quit drinking almost ten years back starting with regular exercise when a doctor told her she had six months left due to her liver failing from drinking saying her husband died from alcoholic liver failure death it is an awful way to go