Chronic Pain MEGA Thread

pain clinics

Pain clinics typically test you for specific levels.
They are looking to see if you have a specific level of whatever drug that they have prescribed you.
They would, however test for illicit drugs such as THC and cocaine in order to determine if the patient might have a tendency to abuse the drug(s) prescribed.
Pain clinics are notorious for testing levels and also doing pill counts and can do so at any time the doctor sees fit.
If your levels are too high, low or otherwise non existent then you are subject to get the dreaded drop letter with the emergency room referral.
I think the drug screens were developed by DEA.(drug enforcement agency) I don't think they know what they are doing. Another money maker for healthcare providers. Another control mechanism for the powers that be. I can not believe there hasn't been a successful law suit fighting such coercive methods of treatment. It is in no way "good medicine".

I guess that low doses of opioids can have an antidepressant effect beyond just creating a high, but then you ramp it up steadily until you reach the point where your life is nowhere near as good than before you started using. At that point they can even make you depressed. That's my theery, anyways.