• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Chroming: Social media trend of inhaling toxic chemicals to get high takes the life of 13-year-old

tribettmug1.jpg

(im sorry)
How are all these people getting busted huffing paint? I see these all the time. Are they breaking into Sherwin Williams or something? What's the shelf life on paint for a buzz anyway? Do you just open the can inhale and close it back so you never actually consume anything ? These mother fuckers always look like they're straight drinking it. What do they have to put their face all up in the shit? Are certain colors stronger than others? Imagine the hangover and regret in the morning. You wake up, stumble into the bathroom and borrow your girls acetone to wipe off the paint from last night's bender. Gotta be hell.

I saw one of those faces of paint time progression things where this guy had different color paint on his face each time. Poor fuckers. Least they got cheap fentanyl in every city for them now.

Last edited:
How are all these people getting busted huffing paint? I see these all the time. Are they breaking into Sherwin Williams or something? What's the shelf life on paint for a buzz anyway? Do you just open the can inhale and close it back so you never actually consume anything ? These mother fuckers always look like they're straight drinking it. What do they have to put their face all up in the shit? Are certain colors stronger than others? Imagine the hangover and regret in the morning. You wake up, stumble into the bathroom and borrow your girls acetone to wipe off the paint from last night's bender. Gotta be hell.

I saw one of those faces of paint time progression things where this guy had different color paint on his face each time. Poor fuckers. Least they got cheap fentanyl in every city for them now.
They spray paint into a bag to huff it. Sometimes there's still a cloud of aerosol that they're huffing. Very nasty habit but a few people love it.

None of those listed items contain nitrous oxide.

The article later goes on to characterize them as "nitrous oxide and nitrites". Nitrous oxide is a few orders of magnitude less toxic than the various compounds in the inhalants they listed.

Ok, key differences between nitrous oxide and other inhalants:

Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas): Nitrous oxide is a colorless gas that is commonly used in medical and dental settings for its analgesic and anxiolytic properties. It is considered a dissociative inhalant, meaning it induces a state of dissociation from reality, resulting in a sense of euphoria and relaxation. Nitrous oxide acts primarily by antagonizing NMDA glutamate receptors and modulating the release of other neurotransmitters. It has a rapid onset and offset of action, making it useful for short procedures. When used recreationally, it can lead to dizziness, lightheadedness, and in higher doses, loss of consciousness.

Volatile Solvents are a wide range of substances that are often found in common household products, such as glue, paint thinner, and aerosol sprays. These inhalants produce psychoactive effects by releasing chemical vapors that are then inhaled. They act on the central nervous system, typically resulting in a rapid onset of euphoria and disinhibition. Prolonged or excessive use of volatile solvents can lead to various health risks, including organ damage, cognitive impairment, and addiction.

Nitrites are a distinct class of inhalants that are vasodilators and muscle relaxants. They are often sold as "poppers" and are primarily used recreationally for their brief but intense effects, including a rush of warm sensations and heightened sexual experiences. Nitrites work by releasing nitric oxide, which relaxes smooth muscles and dilates blood vessels. Nitrites can have potentially dangerous side effects, including dizziness, nausea, and a drop in blood pressure. Long-term or excessive use can lead to organ damage and dependency.

and finally, Anesthetic Gases are used in medical settings to induce and maintain general anesthesia during surgical procedures. These inhalants act primarily by enhancing the inhibitory effects of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain, resulting in sedation, amnesia, and loss of consciousness. Anesthetic gases are administered in carefully controlled concentrations by trained medical professionals and are not used recreationally due to their potent effects and potential risks.

However, no matter which you're abusing or using, I think it's important to note that inhalant abuse can have severe health consequences and should be avoided. Proper use of inhalants should only be conducted under medical supervision or for their intended purposes.

None of them are good to use. That's the point.

However, no matter which you're abusing or using, I think it's important to note that inhalant abuse can have severe health consequences and should be avoided. Proper use of inhalants should only be conducted under medical supervision or for their intended purposes.

None of them are good to use. That's the point.
Absolutely.

But surely you would agree that inhaling nitrous oxide isn't quite as harmful as inhaling the same amount of spray paint fumes?

Pretty sure that’s just a drunk asshole that was fighting at his kids high school football game. Notice the gold lettering on the shirt as well..

-GC

Pretty sure that’s just a drunk asshole that was fighting at his kids high school football game. Notice the gold lettering on the shirt as well..

-GC
But the shirt looks like a Golden State Warriors shirt and why the odd paint(is gold)?

More to do with X but I came across this when binging Eastbound and Down clips. Made me think of this thread...lol... "Doing what?? Giving Robocop a blowjob?"😂😂😂

This is always me when I first start doing harder drugs. I'm all of sudden alive, confident and in control. Till I'm not. Then it all comes crashing down.

"I'm fine. It was the egg rolls. Not the ecstacy." 😂

Last edited: